Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Silent Hill thread.

So I decided to install Silent Hill 3 after torrenting it since I can't find my old disc. It's pretty epic to be honest. I kind of hate how the graphics look terrible yet they were mind-blowing back in 2004. Any of you guys play silent hill games?

Re: Silent Hill thread.

The graphics were good, but the scares were expected. It was pretty fine, for me, to walk through the scariest looking parts of the game. You knew what to expect: a few unruly zombies and a bit of a fight.

Resident Evil, that game caught you off guard. Fuck that dog jumping from windows that are supposed to be in the background.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ecstasy
    The graphics were good, but the scares were expected. It was pretty fine, for me, to walk through the scariest looking parts of the game. You knew what to expect: a few unruly zombies and a bit of a fight.

Resident Evil, that game caught you off guard. Fuck that dog jumping from windows that are supposed to be in the background.
    Well they're really 2 different types of survival horror games. RE = holy shit zombie pew pewpew pew. Silent hill = puzzles and psychological horror if you mind reading up on the story of the cult, the otherworld, and a bunch of other stuff. That and the atmosphere really does it.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ecstasy

Resident Evil doesn't even COMPARE to Silent Hill 2.

Yeah, I have a torrent for Silent Hill 2 on my PC, and I play it all the time.

Enthusiast

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories = good concept and mechanics, shitty game play. Now if they remade the first 4 Silent Hill's using the same exact engine but some tweaks. It would be a great re-make of a great original.

I mean fuck, who makes a Silent Hill game where you can't use a fucking weapon?

Remake 4? I used that as a frisbee for my dog. It sucked lol. HOW DO I GET OUT OF THIS ROOM!?!?!?! KICK THE DOOR REALLY HARD. END OF GAME.

I stream SH3 occasionally, not so much anymore because my computer's hitting the shitter, but still.

It's a great/atmospheric/compelling/unsettling game but it's lengthy at certain points in the game, and not in a good way (like finding you're way around a labyrinth without a map for example).