Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Is This a good gaming computer?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883147171

I'm basically looking to play pc games like spore and portal. Id also like to able to do a shiton of stuff all at the same time. If I can get a better part for a really cheap price instead of the one its got then that would be nice if you could point it out to me. One more thing: If you know of a computer that would work for me then point it out please. It dosnt have to be super awesome.

I'm not sure if this goes in the help section since this is the "gaming and COMPUTER section" So if im mistaken then just move it.

h4x0r

Re: Is This a good gaming computer?

Not at all really. The graphics card and processor are pretty bad by today's standards. I would look for a better prebuilt with a dedicated graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooling Pacman
    Not at all really. The graphics card and processor are pretty bad by today's standards. I would look for a better prebuilt with a dedicated graphics card.
    How much would say... portal lag?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Grap ... 176.0.html
    That's the integrated graphics card coming with the build you chose. Dual core 2.5GHz running 64-bit Windows is fine, you'll experience minimal lag in Portal. You'll be able to play most games up to 2008, but they'll have to be lowest quality for your frame rates to be steady.

Spore will work as well. You'll experience good frame rates. I can run it at ~30fps on my single core 3GHz computer, that has 1.5gb RAM and a similar graphics card.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

h4x0r

Well yeah, Portal should work just fine, but for spore you may have a bit of trouble, though I don't really know.

After looking at the benchmark, I would say you should be fine, if there is lag you can pick up a cheap card and knock any lag you have off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooling Pacman
    Well yeah, Portal should work just fine, but for spore you may have a bit of trouble, though I don't really know.

After looking at the benchmark, I would say you should be fine, if there is lag you can pick up a cheap card and knock any lag you have off.
    Alright guys thanks. This is perfect for me since its cheap for a gamin comp and I can actually play shit on it. Dark if you want to lock this you can now.

Glad to help