Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Is this a good gaming computer?

http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/desk ... st-anav4~~

I'm basically looking to play pc games like spore and portal. Id also like to able to do a shiton of stuff all at the same time. Hows it looking?

Enthusiast

Re: Is this a good gaming computer?

I looked at some reviews for the Intel® GMA X4500 and most of them were negative, plus it's an integrated card. Also, if you're gonna want to play some of the newer games out there that processor might bottleneck what games you can play since it's only a dual core. I'm not at all a computer expert, but that computer doesn't look very good for games unless you're not interested in any recent games. I don't know what your budget is but I'm guessing it's around $400, which won't really be able to get you an amazing machine but you might be able to get a nice one if you try building a computer yourself. It's really easy, I suggest you take a look at Newegg or something or ask someone to help you find some good parts to choose.

Pat

It'll get the job done for portal and spore.

It's a Dell so it'll probably an overpriced computer with parts that don't like parts which will probably end up exploding in your face.

I had a computer that had this card and it barely ran Portal on any settings past the part where you start using the portals to get around. I'd say just save up and build a cheap gaming rig because then it won't fail on you or anything like Dell computers do.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

My suggestion to you is to get a custom made computer if you're going to play some games. First of all, a Quad core would be your best choice and a graphics card that won't be bottle-necked because you can't get all the greatness from it. Problem with computers made by companies is that it is harder to upgrade things.

If you're going to do some casual gaming and playing around this would be perfect because it's a saver deal. For something that'll really boost up all your facilities your budget will need to be around £500-$730.

E: I agree with Faded on gfx card, something from ATI/Nvidia would be your best choice. A custom made is best for this rig and what you're aiming for. Go to any computer site for example sevenforums, they'll say the exact same.
    [center:313vnxms]DarkIce -> Kultivate -> Xehanort > Ruben -> DarkIce -> ULTRA1337piv0tz[/center:313vnxms]

I didn't even click the link. It's from Dell which means don't buy it. Their regular desktops may be good when you buy them, but when it comes to upgrading them you're fucked. My friend despises the shit out of his dell and ended up getting a custom build.

You should really look into a custom build or getting someone to do it for you. It's a lot cheaper and means you can upgrade it when you want. A $880~ PC would run Crysis on max, so think about it.

Fanatic Enthusiast

No. I did a build and it came in around $450, and it was

CPU: AMD Phenom II 3.1 GHz dual
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UDH3 (It came with integrated graphics that ran spore @ 1280x1024 on medium/high settings, but it doesn't run anything higher than that, so I got a ATI HD 5770, best mid-range graphics card for the money & Dx11)
    RAM: OCZ Gold 4GB
    PSU: 400 W
    HD: 500GB

All for the same but nearly 2x better...