Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Windows 7 (Help)

I recently got it, and so far it looks good, but I really dislike all the cancel or allow shit, if I'm the Administrator I shouldn't be getting denied from doing every little thing. Sure it works for children... but it's not the case. So I'm wondering, how can I completely disable windows defender? Along with the feature that requires me to "Run as administrator" any .exe in order for it to work properly, it's stupidly redundant since my account is supposed to have Admin rights.

Re: Windows 7 (Help)

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    I recently got it, and so far it looks good, but I really dislike all the cancel or allow shit, if I'm the Administrator I shouldn't be getting denied from doing every little thing. Sure it works for children... but it's not the case. So I'm wondering, how can I completely disable windows defender? Along with the feature that requires me to "Run as administrator" any .exe in order for it to work properly, it's stupidly redundant since my account is supposed to have Admin rights.
    Never used Windows 7, so I'm assuming this because of my experience/knowledge about XP; I'd assume you could find the options for this in the control panel. If you've already tried that, then disregard my comment.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Enthusiast

You can change the cancel/allow thing in the control panel. Go to User accounts> Your Account > Change User Account Control settings.

I know for the "run as administrator" thing, you can right click an .exe > properties > compatibility > run as admin ( or something like that) But you'll have to do that for every program individually, I'm not sure if you can change this setting for everything.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Thank you so much, I'm not of the patient kind when it comes to computers : P.

You always have to run certain exes as an admin because although you have admin rights, exes still can't access admin protected areas or use admin specifc processes or methods. You can turn off the uac though.

Devoted Veteran

I'll assume this is answered, but you can unlock it if you have something else to ask obviously.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]