Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: XCOM

Veteran Enthusiast

XCOM

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096424p1.html
    A reboot from the people that made Bioshock, sounds very interesting.

Re: XCOM

XCOM is an ancient, but fuckawesome, DOS game. This seems to be a modern remake. This can only be far less awesome, and as such an insult to the original. Therefore this pisses me off.

Also, the original gameplay has been ditched in favour of cookie cutter Bioshock-esque FPS gameplay (I guess that once you've found the Golden Goose, it's hard to go back to searching. Even though the eggs it lays are only covered in a golden sheen but actually filled with puss, shit and ground kitten corpses)
    And why are the graphics so terrible? Honestly, this is a throwback to the PS2. Is this coming out exclusively on the Wii or something? You'd think that if they were able to make Rapture the place of wonder, amazement and beauty that it is, they could at least make this game look decent. No such luck.
    All in all I'm terribly underwhelmed for a game developed by such a successful developer.

Quote Originally Posted by DAMON
    XCOM is an ancient, but fuckawesome, DOS game. This seems to be a modern remake. This can only be far less awesome, and as such an insult to the original. Therefore this pisses me off.

Also, the original gameplay has been ditched in favour of cookie cutter Bioshock-esque FPS gameplay (I guess that once you've found the Golden Goose, it's hard to go back to searching. Even though the eggs it lays are only covered in a golden sheen but actually filled with puss, shit and ground kitten corpses)
    And why are the graphics so terrible? Honestly, this is a throwback to the PS2. Is this coming out exclusively on the Wii or something? You'd think that if they were able to make Rapture the place of wonder, amazement and beauty that it is, they could at least make this game look decent. No such luck.
    All in all I'm terribly underwhelmed for a game developed by such a successful developer.
    BUT IT HAS BLOOM N PARTICLES N STUFF. AND BOMBS AND BLOBS ITZ GUNNA BE COOL.

Really though this could be done much better.

Devoted Veteran

I thought it looked alright, but it did look a LOT like bioshock.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Quote Originally Posted by DAMON
    THISTHISTHIS. XCOM is fucking amazing, and to see... this come from the awesomeness of XCOM just disgusts me to no end. Why can't they just leave a good game alone. XCOM doesn't need a revival; leave it be.

Offtopic, I know, but I myself am looking forward to the Splatterhouse remake. I don't think any gameplay videos have been shown, but I want to see some; I can easily see Splatterhouse working in an FPS (That's just what I'm expecting, but who knows) environment (If done properly, of course) and it'd be refreshing to see exactly what they plan to do with a well respected game franchise (there better be moar knife punching).
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

Xcom has started development in 2K Martin (2k Cambera.)
    I wouldn't presume that it would be a great game due to the fact that 2k is developing it,
    [center:2ip4lcj2][tn=300:2ip4lcj2]http://i.imgur.com/ZlNjl.gif[/tn:2ip4lcj2][/center:2ip4lcj2]