Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Portal 2

[center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Re: Portal 2

I'll be picking up this game for sure. I loved the first Portal. I hope it still has some of that awesome humour. I got some good laughs from Portal.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Fuck yes, as Tim said, I loved the first portal, and it's unique style and humour. Hopefully this will retain some of that but add some more techniques you can use and some more challenging gameplay.
    Also can't wait to see some of the new stuff they've added since portal 1 and maybe learn a bit more about the story.
    [center:27415fu2]Thread[/center:27415fu2]

Looks awesome, can't wait to see a gameplay trailer. Hopefully the humour that Glados brought to Portal 1 stays in this one.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Quote Originally Posted by Swagg
    Fuck yes, as Tim said, I loved the first portal, and it's unique style and humour. Hopefully this will retain some of that but add some more techniques you can use and some more challenging gameplay.
    Also can't wait to see some of the new stuff they've added since portal 1 and maybe learn a bit more about the story.
    I hope it intertwines with Half Life 2 and Black Mesa, and vice-versa.

It looks like we'll be playing outside of the test chambers to me.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Looks like a fine game, I'll be sure to stash some money away for this.
    [center:2ko3y71e][/center:2ko3y71e]

Devoted Veteran

Bleh. The first game was a fantastic puzzle game, and had some very well-done writing - just like I have come to expect from Valve. A sequel though? Ehhhh. I'm sure it'll be good for a few laughs, but they've already revolutionized puzzle games so I don't see a sequel being all that impressive. I mean, what else can they do?

And yeah, it's good that there are some different settings. My pants got wet when I thought you might be able to visit old locations, except they have become different over time (like the cell where you started, when I saw that my hopes got so high), but then as the teaser progressed the appeal got lower and lower everytime I saw a white room being recreated.

I'll probably get it though because I'm a huge Valva fanboy. Also, you can see Companion Cube in the teaser. Fuck yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebqdTFj9T2o
    Mother fucker.
    2 person co-op, a look at some new game mechanics, and a loooot of info in this vid.

Devoted Veteran

Mother fucker.
    2 person co-op, a look at some new game mechanics, and a loooot of info in this vid.
    Yawn. What, four new game mechanics shown there? They had to fucking repeat it to fill the video. And co-op? That sounds pretty cool.

I'm not trying to bash the game, I actually enjoyed the first one, I just don't see much different.

Quote Originally Posted by xL3G1TzReAACTiiONSx
    Mother fucker.
    Yawn. What, four new game mechanics shown there? They had to fucking repeat it to fill the video. And co-op? That sounds pretty cool.

I'm not trying to bash the game, I actually enjoyed the first one, I just don't see much different.
    Four is more than I was expecting for an initial showing, but I do think that they might either change the game so much that it won't keep the same feel as the first, or not change enough, and simply have portal 1.5.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast