Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Metal Gear Solid 3

I've had it a while, but I thought I'd post a topic about it.

Boss Tactics *Note* Extra Camo for defeating the bosses using tranqs only.

Ocelot
    Use the Mk22 for this guy. He's not challenging, just be sure to headshot him when he's reloading his revolvers. Don't waste your ammo on the guys in the trees behind you,

The Pain
    Use the Mk22 here as well. When he puts up his bee shield use grandes to blow them off. Then headshot him with the Mk22.

The Fear
    Use thermal goggles and the Mk22 here. He's pretty easy to spot and his stamina drops quickly, but make sure you shoot him before he refills his stamina.

The End
    You probably already know this but if you can't beat The End, turn off your PS2 and wait a week or so. Then when you load your game your health will be on full and the End will have died of old age. However if you manage to sneak up on him and hold him up 3 times (sounds impossible but I've managed to catch him off guard once before) he'll shake down his Mosin Nagant, a tranquiliser Sniper Rifle.

The Fury
    Use the Mk22 here again, but failing that use the M37, found in the cave after you pwn ocelot. At the north of this are there is a long wall and it breaks into a door at one point. This is the best place to stay. When he walks past here just jump out and headshot him a few times.

The Sorrow
    Just walk. At the end make sure to use the revival pill. if you make it to the end you get his Camo.

Volgin
    No guns. Use CQC. Thow him down to his knees, then quickly pull out the Mk22, or M37 and shoot him in the back. If you fire at him when he is standing up he sometimes zaps your gun and you lose all your bullets.
    I think I've found a secret way to beat Volgin the second time, when you're still in the hanger. If you try and shoot him, his forcefield goes up and your bullets ricochet off it. Then if you quickly take off your weapon, run behind him and press cirlce before he turns around and while his sheild is still up, snake will go to grab him but Volgin should just groan and fall over. I've only ever done this once.

The Shagohod
    After you've blown up the bridge, use tactical reload (double tap r2) with the rpg-7 equipped so you don't have to wait for snake to reload. This way you can hit both the tracks and the back of the vehicle in 3 or so seconds.

The Boss.
    Use CQC and the Mk22. If she starts breaking your bonmes, hammer cirlce to try and shake her off. Always throw her, never grab her. Use the punch punch kick combo twice to get her on the back, then headshot with the Mk22 before she gets back up.

Cool Techniques
    Another one I have yet to try is equip to torch and turn it on. the sneak up behind a sentry using the d-pad and hold the torch so the flame is inside his body. wait for about 3 seconds and he should just die without alerting anyone or putting you in caution mode.

The Single Action Army automatically ricochets. If an enemy is around the corner, pull the SAA out and shoot at the wall in front. It will automatically rebound off and hit him, even and impossible angles, leaving him dumbfounded. i've managed some pretty bad ass shots with this. i was in groznyj grad trying to shoot out a spotlight. instead it ricocheted of the metal bar and hit an attack dog in the head. ^.^

Once you're captured, every time the solider throws food at you, throw it back. Do this 3 times and he will give you your cigarette gas spray back if you managed to get it beforehand. There will be a cut scene with the sentry holding a picture of his family. If you press R1 during this cutscene you can see a codec number on the bottom of the picture. Don't call it yet but keep a note of it.
    The after this cutscene 3 more peices of food will appear in your cell. All rotten. If you throw one of these at the guard he will eat it, then rush to the bathroom. Then you call the number and the cell door opens, leaving you free to run out of the cell block without having to kill or get spotted by anyone.

If you beat Volgin by reducing his stamina to zero you can acquire the Cold War camoflague. This is particularly useful for when you are on the motorcycle at the end. With the Cold War camo on the enemy will hesitate to shoot at you which means you can use your body to protect EVA while you just mow the enemy down. All the do is stand there, look at you and say 'damn it!.

More to come...
    Add any if you have them :P
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast

lol me and my bro are playing it now lol thx bert this helped alot

Fanatic Enthusiast

Hehe Sweet. i completed it on easy about 3 times [/n00b] and now I'm on normal. ive been spotted like 36 times but I'm getting good with my knife so it's no probs :P
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast

Metal Gear Solid 3 has to be the best Metal Gear in the series. It just takes some time to get used to. That aside, some bad-ass moments in the game.

**Warning: Spoilers!!**

"Fighting" The Sorrow - Man this battle was ungodly, even though its not technically a battle. It's so creepy and surreal, everything about that was just thought out so well.

The End - A sniper batle. man this kicked ass. Took a while for me on my first try, but it was just so fun. A true battle of endurance and patience. NOTE: Tranquing him will NOT get you his camo. You have to sneak up behind him and hold him up. I know, impossible.

The Fury - SUCH......PRETTY.............FLAMES................DEAR LORD.

Shagohod - The entire "Sagohod" sequence was just spine-chillingly awesome. First of all, it's like a rail-shooter going up against this giant machine, dodging wreckage, shooting other cycles, and even come hover-craft thingys. Intense as hell.

The Boss - The best boss battle I've fouight in a long time in any game. So quiet, and you know the journey ends here. It's just so sad, but you know you have to fight her. And the fight itself is sweet. She wears white camo, and you're in a field filled with white flowers. Very memorable.

The ending - The ending just hit me, personally, very hard. Just to know how far Big Boss has gone, and to see that The Boss, really died for her country. But no one in the US will know she did, they actually think that The Boss is a war criminal. (Long story). But it's just so sad and heroic to see she did it all for her country and Snake.

Kick ass game. Have a PS2? THEN WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THIS GAME YET?

Sorry, needed to get that outta my system.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Fanatic Enthusiast

It isn't impossible to hold up the end. I did it once but he got away because I was holding him up with the m1911191A (or whatever) and I switched to the Mk22, since I wanted to tranq him (which IS impossible) but he ran off.

It's impossible to tranq him cos when his stamina gets too low he just goes somwhere out of reach, says 'Mighty forest give me your strength' and his stamnia fills back up to half.

The best way to stick him up is not by going up behind him. What you have to do is make sure your stamina is full. The keep running around till you get shot. When you get shot quickly press start, take out the dart, and cheack your map. Ared circle should indiate where The End is. Keep running towards it, diagonally to avoid his bullets. then just stick him up when your directy in front of him. If you get shot just press start, go to CURE and take out the dart and carry on running.

If I get a capture card I'll show you hows its done.
    Also I know how to get a headshot on the End straight away since he always starts in the same place.

If you run out of SVD ammo there's still a way you can use your .45 with the same accuracy.
    Make sure your stamina is on full. Aim at the end's head with your empty SVD. take off zoom. Hold R2 and select your .45. Then let go of r2 and quickly press r1+square and you should be aiming at his head with your .45 or mk22.
    Elite Forgotten

Sam
    Dedicated Member

Im sure this'll help me, im actually only on the The End right now.

Fanatic Enthusiast

OMG I managed to stick the end up three times. I got his Camo (moss camo; restores stamina with time) the Mosin Nagant, and I managed to kill him with the Mk22! I pwn.

I'll tell you all how to do it later :P
    Elite Forgotten

Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereye
    Metal Gear Solid 3 has to be the best Metal Gear in the series.
    no thats not true mgs 1 is. it kicks more arse than halo. even though they have no eyes (just shadows) and their lips dont move, it is the best game out apart from micro machines (best played on megadrive) the best part of mgs1 is that it doesnt matter how many guards you kill or how many times you have continued etc. because you are goin to get the bandanna and stealth either way.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Mgs1 sucks. There's no first person view so you're shooting blind. i admit it is very playable and a fairly long game but the manipulation of the characters is just...gah.
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast

MGS2 ruled my ps2 for months... has to be the best one... though i havn't played the 3rd one yet, is it worth getting? game is doing a discount on it (-cool_)
    i just didn't like the idea of being in a jungle...

-penguin boi
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast