Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: General Game Recommendation Thread

  1. #11
    Devoted Veteran Darren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,260

    Re: Recommend me some games

    Starcraft 2! Give it a try at least, you bum.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

  2. #12
    Van
    Van is offline
    Fanatic Enthusiast Van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: Recommend me some games

    You can get shogun 2 or fall of the samurai for around $15 off a steam key selling website, its a geniune copy.

    Get Max Payne 3 for PC, and get Shogun 2..

  3. #13
    Devoted Veteran Strider's Avatar



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,330

    Re: Recommend me some games

    I think you'd love Borderlands.
    Other than that, I wwould always recommend LIMBO and Bastion. Both are pure pieces of art. They might not be quite your taste, but they're really some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

    Oh, and you only listed Portal 1. Definitely play the second one too.
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

    tumblr | last.fm

  4. #14
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Recommend me some games

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    I think you'd love Borderlands.
    Other than that, I wwould always recommend LIMBO and Bastion. Both are pure pieces of art. They might not be quite your taste, but they're really some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.
    I have borderlands on ps3 and I think it sucks lol.

    LIMBO and Bastion aren't really my kinda games.


    So far I'm looking at;
    Max Payne 3 (looks SWEET)
    Rome Total War


    Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming.

  5. #15
    Van
    Van is offline
    Fanatic Enthusiast Van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: Recommend me some games

    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    I think you'd love Borderlands.
    Other than that, I wwould always recommend LIMBO and Bastion. Both are pure pieces of art. They might not be quite your taste, but they're really some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.
    I have borderlands on ps3 and I think it sucks lol.

    LIMBO and Bastion aren't really my kinda games.


    So far I'm looking at;
    Max Payne 3 (looks SWEET)
    Rome Total War


    Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming.
    Dude, get shogun 2, there's dlc for it which adds full dismemberment and gore!
    the battles are awesome, there's fucking samurai!!

    if you get max payne 3 or shogun 2, add me on steam and we will play them together

  6. #16
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Recommend me some games

    Ehhhh if people have been saying shogun 2 is more complicated than rome i'll give it a miss. RTS's aren't my field of expertise so :P

    Max payne does look sick though. I might actually buy it.

    Also, I'm turning this into a general recommendation thread, since they're made fairly often.

  7. #17
    Van
    Van is offline
    Fanatic Enthusiast Van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: Recommend me some games

    Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Ehhhh if people have been saying shogun 2 is more complicated than rome i'll give it a miss. RTS's aren't my field of expertise so :P

    Max payne does look sick though. I might actually buy it.

    Also, I'm turning this into a general recommendation thread, since they're made fairly often.
    I'm playing shogun 2 at the moment, it has skill trees, diplomacy, ship warfare, it looks amazing, I seriously recommend it to you , give it a shot,

    what's your steam?

    My steam is Jonnehplayer but I'm very rarely on it.

    I think you've blocked me, I can't add you!

  8. #18
    Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    653

    Re: General Game Recommendation Thread

    Obviously if you get really into Rome there's nothing against you playing Shogun, just from what I've played it doesn't fit my tastes - it seems much more emphasis has been moved to the battles rather than the diplomacy and management, and I'm not a fan of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    How come the Enderman looks so much creepier in this screen-shot
    than in the actual game? Seriously...
    Because he's a nigger

  9. #19
    Liberty Phish DaniŽl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: General Game Recommendation Thread

    Even though you already got Terraria, I recommend it to pretty much anyone. Played over 500 hours of that game, which is a ton, especially for me. Starbound looks extremely promising too, but I can't of course be sure.
    Besides that, even though I only played demo's, Limbo and Bastion are fantastic.

  10. #20
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: General Game Recommendation Thread

    Rollercoaster Tycoon

    Since you like Simcity I thought you might like this as well.
    Both 1 and 2 are great, It doesn't really matter which one you play. RCT 2 has a little more options and things you can build, but is further the exact same, both gameplay and graphics wise. I would recommend RCT 2 if you want to free-build, and RTC 1 if you just want to beat all the levels because it's more based on unlocking new maps.

    Don't play RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, it seriously fucked up everything good about the game.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype


 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •