Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slender

Banned

Slender

[youtube:29nnq1f9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BswJKtn_9o[/youtube:29nnq1f9]

A slenderman game has finally been made. Discuss. o.0

Re: Slender

Looks.
    Pretty shit.

This game looks extremely retarded.

Yay, I can finally do some in-game slandering.

But seriously, that looks quite boring.

P2k

The concept/setting is pretty nice, but the game itself is horribly unpolished through the bland and seemingly unfinished game play.

I watched a video of someone playing it for 5 minutes and every location shown in the trailer was seen, definitely gives an impression on how small the game is. There were some pretty creepy design choices, but the lack of polish really ruins what seems like a really immersive experience.

I'm not sure what could be changed to have story/actual game play, but if someone managed that and actually did a professional quality job on the game I'd be excited.
    -

Quite blatantly took all of it's locations from Marble Hornets, too.

Banned

Uh, nice I guess.

ℋope

Shat my panty-o's

Quote Originally Posted by DarksydePhil
    Sorry, my opinion is that Slender IS shitty, for many reasons.

1. I don't care who made the game. If a game is made by a five-year-old, entirely drawn in crayon, and is about butts farting, it's a shitty game. If I don't like the subject matter of a game, then I'm going to say it's crap regardless of how many people worked on it. The basic premise sucks. Why are there brick walls in the middle of this area for no reason? Could we maybe get some story? Yes, I know the game is based on an internet meme but that's no excuse, some people have never heard of the Slender Man.
    2. The entire game is jumpscares. The actual gameplay of the game IS just forcing yourself into multiple jumpscares. Jumpscares are the lamest attempt at "horror" because they're just audio/visual queues out of place with everything else. Look at Silent Hill 2 - now THAT was true horror. This is just lame and immature.
    3. There's no consistent gameplay whatsoever and you can't get "good" at the game because of random page generation. If the pages ALWAYS showed up in the same places and at the same times, then you could work out a strategy to get them; in this case, the game quite literally doesn't give you a fair chance to win because it changes. It's basically "fixed;" do you enjoy playing fixed carnival games where you can almost NEVER win because of the way they're designed? I don't.
    4. IT'S NOT SCARY. The guy chasing you looks HILARIOUS! Stupid audio queues when you see him, trying to force jump scares, are the ONLY thing even remotely startling in the game. Play this without audio and enjoy the most boring, pathetic gaming experience in quite a while.

Why is this game popular? Because either 1. the people playing it are pussies (sorry, it's true if you get scared by this) and 2. they're PRETENDING to be scared, on camera, for entertainment purposes. Sorry, outside of April Fool's/Project 7 I don't "pretend" to be anything for the camera, whether for entertainment or to "make money." Playing this game and pretending to be scared out of your pants, doing over-the-top reactions, may be funny to the viewer; but it gives this game some kind of over-hype that it doesn't deserve. Just another example of how these idiots "sell out" and do things solely to make money, then get massive attention for it.

Shittiest game 'indie game' to ever receive popularity. Games centered on memes are and always have been catastrophically bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast