Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: SMITE

SMITE

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

SMITE is a 3rd person MOBA made by Hi-Rez Studios.

Dallas, Shad, and I have been playing it a bit recently and it's actually pretty fun. Currently there's only 18 Gods (playable characters) and the game is in closed beta so you need a key to play. Good thing about that is that whoever recieves a key gets their own set of keys to give out to friends.

Anyone else here play? Discuss and shit.

Re: SMITE

Man, It was about time for a thread. Never thought about making one myself though.
    Started playing this game like 2 weeks ago with friends, enjoyed it really much. Have been playing a lot of league of legends in the past and started to dislike it, this is a grasp of fresh air.

Sadly my friends already grew bored of it. add me to skype and smite if you want, just pm me for details.

Favorite god? I haven't tried all of them yet, but so far I've been enjoying Sobek(Crocodile/Tank) a lot. He's pretty overpowered because not many people know what he can do yet. Early game you basically just let the enemy push and when they get too close to your tower you fling them in and let the tower do the work. Late game you get a couple AP items, (he's entirely scaling on AP) and you can tank and burst enemy's easily
    Not to mention he looks kickass with relatively high-tech armor

The game obviously still needs a lot to work on, not only in-game experience(hit boxes, jungle) but also just the menu lay-out. Communication,reporting and player profiles are all things necessary in my opinion.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Banned

Looks fresh; I'll get this soon. It appears to be that highly-addictive type which you don't grow tired of so easily.

Dunno if this is against the rules, but i wanted to bring this back up.

So, I've been playing this game for a while (almost a year) and I don't think I'll be stopping soon. The game has been changed A LOT after this topic was made (tons of new gods, new maps, new gamemodes, changes to current maps) and I want to get more people playing it!

If you guys wanna help me out, you could click here

So, what do you think of SMITE? What is your favourite god, map, etc.?
    [center:3tiy03vt]My animation thread[/center:3tiy03vt]
    [center:3tiy03vt]------------------------------------------------[/center:3tiy03vt]

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Seeing as it's ontopic and you want to revive the thread I wont lock this from the bump. But remember next time the bump is this big you would be better off just creating a new thread. This is still fine though if the bump is to revive.

I haven't played smite since the beta, would you recommend playing it again then?
    Also, is it still free to play?
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Seeing as it's ontopic and you want to revive the thread I wont lock this from the bump. But remember next time the bump is this big you would be better off just creating a new thread. This is still fine though if the bump is to revive.
    Alright, thanks for not locking the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    I haven't played smite since the beta, would you recommend playing it again then?
    Also, is it still free to play?
    Well, it hasn't been officially released yet, it's stil in open beta. If you liked SMITE when it was in closed beta, I guarantee you'll love it!

And yes, it's still free to play.

By the way, for the guys that have played the closed beta, you remember the godpack, right? The thing that will give you the first 30 gods for free? Yeah, now it gives you ALL gods that are currently in, that are in the making, and those that will be added in the future. All of them. I personally think that this if one of the greatest offers in videogame history.
    [center:3tiy03vt]My animation thread[/center:3tiy03vt]
    [center:3tiy03vt]------------------------------------------------[/center:3tiy03vt]