Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Minetest C55: A Great Minecraft Clone

[center:1u0sdonv]Minetest C55![/center:1u0sdonv]

Gameplay:
    [youtube:1u0sdonv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJU-PDp9XbU[/youtube:1u0sdonv]

What is it?
    Minetest C55 is a free to play clone game of the hit indie game Minecraft. Appearing only after a year of Minecraft, Minetest has came a long way. In it, you wander around an endless world gathering resources to create everything from homes, all the way to tools. It has a day and night cycle that is slightly rapid, but is still entertaining. During the night, there is a large monster that may attack you. It looks like a fat yeti, who shoots energy balls. All though it is still in heavy developmental stages, it is still worth a look at if you cant afford or handle Minecraft.

Hows the Community?
    It kind of hit its peak, but there are still a few large servers that run. Minetest makes it very simple to create your own server for you and a few of friends just for lols.

How Does it Play?
    It plays awesome! It uses much more strict coding than Minecraft, so it has higher fps loads. It is common to get up to 50 FPS with only 1 GB of RAM. A looooot more than we can say for Minecraft.

Would You Play It?
    Of course I would, I do actually. It is a fun game, it isn't Minecraft, but it still stops my thirst of creativity. I use a texture pack that makes my game look like Minecraft though, seeing as how I don't like the default textures.

[Download]
    [center:3ugdbk6f][/center:3ugdbk6f]

Banned

Re: Minetest C55: A Great Minecraft Clone

Doesn't really look interesting in the slightest way to me. But, that's
    just my opinion.

It's hard to make a game like this popular with Minecraft out. The game just looks like a heavily watered down version of Minecraft and I don't believe it'll make any big progress.

MEn

Why would I play this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_sausage
    tht is a 2 word post pls add more 2 yor comment or i will report you to the mods

i dun think this is real just fake

Quote Originally Posted by MEn
    Why would I play this?
    Seems more like a game one would play if they had an old computer, that couldn't run minecraft.

Considering I don't really have much creativity, I won't be playing this or minecraft anytime soon. Took a look at the thread to see how it is.

I doubt it will ever succeed.
    [center:2ip4lcj2][tn=300:2ip4lcj2]http://i.imgur.com/ZlNjl.gif[/tn:2ip4lcj2][/center:2ip4lcj2]

Well this is nice and all. Buutt I think I would much rather spend the small amount of money it costs to play minecraft.

Devoted Veteran

There are many minecraft clones out there; you were fortunate enough to find one this well made, and considerate enough to try and share it with the community here. I don't see why you guys are dissing it so much. Of course it isn't minecraft--it's a free alternative.

I think I might try it out some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa
    There are many minecraft clones out there; you were fortunate enough to find one this well made, and considerate enough to try and share it with the community here. I don't see why you guys are dissing it so much. Of course it isn't minecraft--it's a free alternative.

I think I might try it out some time.
    aaannnnd it probably won't succeed, because quite simply, minecraft is out and it's the exact same thing with a bigger fanbase and more complete. Yes, everyone wishes Minecraft was actually optimized, and I would love if minecraft could be optimized well, but it's just not gonna happen, and no one's going to play this because minecraft exists and it's much more of a game then this is. If this does actually takes off and gets going, then kudos to them, but i can't see it at all.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.