Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVG, your opinion?

Dont tell me out of all the time you spent on the alternate universe, the internet, that you do not know of the AVG internet security software. some of you have it, some of you don't. Point is, for those that have it, do you find it Reliable? How good is it on Virus's, Rooklits, Trojan Horses, worms, male ware etc.
    Do you find it over protective? Or under protective.
    I prefer Bitdefender because unlike AVG, it does not count everything as a virus. However, some may think that Bitdefender is to easy for a virus to slide on by. Whats your security/ant-virus software? what pros and cons do you think come from it?
    I felt this belonged in General other than Debate. as we are saying our opinions of the software and not judging it.
    If you feel like moving it, than well, I cant really stop ya can I?
    Comment as you will.

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

Re: AVG, your opinion?

I just use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and get's the job done pretty well.

Before, I used Avira Antivirus. There's a free version too, but I got annoyed with the ads and pop-up messages it kept giving me.

If I had to pick between the two you listed, I'd go with BitDefender. AVG sucks, imo.
    See You Space Honkboy...

I've been using AVG SBS edition with full protection for almost 4 years and haven't noticed any issues yet. I have not had problems with viruses or anything as far as I know, and it scans/checks for updates once a week. It also helps that I try my best to avoid questionable websites and only download from trusted uploaders.
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Evo
    I just use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free and get's the job done pretty well.

Before, I used Avira Antivirus. There's a free version too, but I got annoyed with the ads and pop-up messages it kept giving me.

If I had to pick between the two you listed, I'd go with BitDefender. AVG sucks.
    Yes, I used to use AVG but.....BitDefender is the obvious choice.

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

Gaming and computers.

AVG is a waste of time. I use Avira because it's lightweight, I like the interface and I know how to use it. The ads that pop up only after an update are a small price to pay.

I use MSE. I used to use AVG, it was fantastic, until it turned into a CPU sucking bloated mess.

I use Avast. Easy to use, easy to disable when necessary and I never see anything from it.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt
    I use Avast. Easy to use, easy to disable when necessary and I never see anything from it.
    You hear from it though. "Avast virus database has been updated" and the sirens if malware is detected. But I also use it, like you said, easy to use and disable, and it is extremely reliable.

I have AVG, suck balls. I gotta download a new antivirus but imma too lazy lol.
    im havolis

The Little Frij

I use Malware bytes as it knows mostly what is a virus and what isn't. In order to scan you have to do it manually but that is because I'm too cheap to buy the pro version.
    I used to use AVG on my old computer, once I uninstalled it the computer ran about 5 times faster than it did before hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast