Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5

iPhone 5

Didn't see a topic about this yet and I guess this would be the best place to post this. The iPhone 5 was announced last Wednesday. What are your thoughts on it? Personally, I love it and I'll be preordering the black & slate one this upcoming Wednesday.
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Re: iPhone 5

I don't see why we have to have a new iOS with a new phone; I mean, didn't iOS 5 just come out last year? If I'm not mistaken, iOS 3 was Apple's longest lasting OS for their products?

Personally, the only thing that appeals to me with the newest iPhone is the screen improvement. Changing the resolution of the screen is a definite plus for Apple since they stuck with their previous size for so long only to be replaced by a 4 inch display. It seems like Apple is finally learning that more workroom is a good thing since the previous screen just felt so claustrophobic [claustrophobic right?] on the home screen and working with the apps. I'll be picking this up because maybe it'll actually make me want to use my iPhone a lot more than I use my iPad 2.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

It looks nice, but all apple products do. Besides that it's probably still the same frustrating, buggy, fragile piece of shit that the 4 and 4S were. I fucking hate my iphone 4 and can't wait to get my upgrade- I'll be switching to an android phone.

Apple is amazingly skilled in advertising the idea that a new product with minimal upgrades can be the biggest change in your life. The hype for this product is only temporary; all it will do is pacify us for the time being until they release the next one with all the "fixes" to the problems this iphone 5 will have. As for me, I'm happy with my old LG cell phone that does all I need it to do: phone calls and occasional text messages.

I'll just leave this here.
    [youtube:3bqzfupw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4[/youtube:3bqzfupw]
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

I really dislike the new model, I much more preferred the model of the iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    I really dislike the new model, I much more preferred the model of the iPhone 4.
    The iPhone 4 might have been a "revolutionary" product [quotes assuming that it was], it had a big problem that you literally need to either tape the sides of your phone or buy a bumper case from Apple just to not lose signal. That's the one thing I could not stand with the iPhone 4 since the CDMA model was "supposed" to fix that issue but instead made it worse.

(I know you don't have to buy any of the official Apple bumpers since there are several off-brands)
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded
    The iPhone 4 might have been a "revolutionary" product [quotes assuming that it was], it had a big problem that you literally need to either tape the sides of your phone or buy a bumper case from Apple just to not lose signal. That's the one thing I could not stand with the iPhone 4 since the CDMA model was "supposed" to fix that issue but instead made it worse.

(I know you don't have to buy any of the official Apple bumpers since there are several off-brands)
    I mainly dislike about the newest iPhone is obviously the tall design. I liked the iPhone 4 model a lot, it was slick, not giant and over-all just good looking. I was hoping the iPhone 5 would be a faster thinner and maybe a bit of a tighter version, sadly this was not the case.

But then again, I can't blame them for being 'innovative'.

I mainly dislike about the newest iPhone is obviously the tall design. I liked the iPhone 4 model a lot, it was slick, not giant and over-all just good looking. I was hoping the iPhone 5 would be a faster thinner and maybe a bit of a tighter version, sadly this was not the case.

But then again, I can't blame them for being 'innovative'.
    The iPhone 5 is both faster and thinner than the previous model. As for the tall design. They wanted to make a phone with a larger screen, but not make it wider where it would be uncomfortable in the hand. So they kept the width of the iPhone 4 and made the screen taller. My mom has the Galaxy SIII and the large screen is great, but it's awkward to hold because of how wide it is.

Pre-ordered the 16GB Black & Slate

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    It looks nice, but all apple products do. Besides that it's probably still the same frustrating, buggy, fragile piece of shit that the 4 and 4S were. I fucking hate my iphone 4 and can't wait to get my upgrade- I'll be switching to an android phone.
    I'm actually doing the opposite. I have a Samsung Galaxy (granted it is the S) but it has been slow for ages.

Yea I've been using my old Droid 2 and I hate it with a passion. It's the buggiest piece of shit I've ever used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast