Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Devoted Veteran

Torchlight 2

[center:279mm6s6][/center:279mm6s6]

What's wrong with you guys, not having a Torchlight 2 topic?!

This game looks frickin awesome, and I think it's really going to scratch that diablo itch that D3 didn't satisfy. Looks like it's much truer to what was fun about D2 while still adding some really awesome features and stuff. Plus it's only 20 bucks and uses steam workshop so there should be a pretty steady stream of content coming from the community.

Pre-order it now too and you'll get a copy of Torchlight 1, which is a pretty tight game as well. GO BUY IT.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Re: Torchlight 2

Quite possibly the superior ARPG made by members of Blizz North (IIRC). While I thought D3 was good, I was SO let down. I've gotten to level 60 and I've poked and prodded at it since but otherwise I haven't really gotten into it. I might buy this, but with the f2p Path of Exile coming out, another amazing looking ARPG in the vein of diablo with a really cool skill system (honestly check it out it looks so fucking good), I don't know if I'll get this. It's still very possible though, as I still have that dungeon crawling fix and I don't want to wait until Path of Exile comes out.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

I don't think I'm going to buy it as this isn't really the game for me, but if this is your kind of game, I definitely recommend you pick it up, especially when you enjoyed the prequel as this one has so much more content for the price of the original. Here's a graph, to show you how much more content it actually has.
    [tn=700:1l094igv]http://static.cms.runicgames.com//assets/344/TL1vsTL2.jpg[/tn:1l094igv]

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shad Shadson
    Quite possibly the superior ARPG made by members of Blizz North (IIRC). While I thought D3 was good, I was SO let down. I've gotten to level 60 and I've poked and prodded at it since but otherwise I haven't really gotten into it. I might buy this, but with the f2p Path of Exile coming out, another amazing looking ARPG in the vein of diablo with a really cool skill system (honestly check it out it looks so fucking good), I don't know if I'll get this. It's still very possible though, as I still have that dungeon crawling fix and I don't want to wait until Path of Exile comes out.
    I really think Torchlight is going to end up being a more more solid game than PoE :/

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnall
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad Shadson
    I really think Torchlight is going to end up being a more more solid game than PoE :/
    It definitely could be. I haven't played the beta yet, but I've seen and heard TONS of awesome stuff
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

Pumped as fuck for this, as I loved Torchlight and always wanted a fucking multiplayer.
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Woah how the did this only get 5 comments.
    Been playing an Engineer, Spider bombs and giant wrench maces. Fuck yes.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Outlander here, Shotgonne all day erry day.
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wittyusername
    Outlander here, Shotgonne all day erry day.
    Outlander bros woohoo.

Although I'm probably playing quite a bit different than you. I'm going dual pistol, focusing on physical damage not elemental, and going pretty hard into the summoning skills. I have a bunch of little bats that spawn when I kill enemies and a huge shadow brute that does some serious work. Plus, I put a TON of summoning spells on my pet hawk, 3 out of the 4 I believe. So I basically have an entire army running around, and they all get bonuses from 'share the wealth' too. It's awesome.

Level 43 or 44 now, having a complete blast.

Can this be a thread for Torchlight I also? Since I'm playing the game right now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast