Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    ℋope

GTA IV starting problem

Hey guys, I bought GTA IV a few days ago because it was on sale on steam, and I got my serial code today.
    When I try to start the game on steam, the Rockstar Social Club window pops up. Everything works fine until I hit either Play (Offline) or Play.
    Nothing happens then, and I can see that my status in steam goes from 'In Game; Grand Theft Auto IV' to 'Online'.

After that nothing else about GTA IV comes up, no error notification and nothing else.

Oh and I am using this Win8 preview thing...

Does anyone know what it could be?
    It's kinda weird that just nothing really happens.

Thanks in advance.

Banned

Re: GTA IV starting problem

What is the Windows 8 Preview thing? Apparently if you try running GTA IV on Windows 8 it won't work because the OS was mostly optimized for tablet use as opposed to desktop gaming. If you can switch to Windows 7 or something other than Windows 8 if this is a preview, then try doing that.

It could be something to do with Games for Windows Live though. Perhaps you could search up on this because people have said that updating it may help.

Let me know if you have any success.

ℋope

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi
    If you can switch to Windows 7 or something
    I unfortunately can't that easy, but I will delete everything, set up Win 7 again and restore my pc today.

It could be something to do with Games for Windows Live though. Perhaps you could search up on this because people have said that updating it may help.
    Yeah, I had to download it, so I think it is the newest version.

Let me know if you have any success.
    I definetely will, we will see how it is going today or tomorrow.

I had the same problem with windows 7, you really need windows live for another account (even though its pretty useless)

you might read this: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=500593
    and if this doesnt help, just search a bit more on google, i cant remember what exactly ive done to get it running..but i know it was pretty simple