Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Far Cry 3

Dedicated Member

Far Cry 3

Surprised there isnt a thread for this yet.

I'm so excited for this game, should be getting it today or tomorrow if my pre-order holds up. Apparently Ubisoft fixed pretty much every qualm the community had about FC2, and it's been getting great reviews across the board.

Is anyone else gonna be picking this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    How come the Enderman looks so much creepier in this screen-shot
    than in the actual game? Seriously...
    Because he's a nigger

P2k

Re: Far Cry 3

How has this gotten no replies? ):

Had the game for a few days now, but I've only gotten the chance to sink about 6 or 7 hours in so far.

It's easily my GOTY, although that isn't saying much considering the blunder that was 2012 for gaming, but it's definitely an awesome game.

The game is absolutely huge, Just Cause 2 tier huge, except there are actually places to explore instead of soulless cities that all look the same. The exploration is fun, the story is pretty good, each character introduced actually has thought put into them - especially Vaas, and I really like all of the wildlife. Still kind of amazed my computer can handle the game, Crysis level graphics in this gigantic open world.

One series of missions in the main quest where you're looking for treasure felt exactly like a first person Uncharted, I really enjoyed that.
    -

Van

seen my mate play it on ps3, looks pretty good

Banned

It looks like an interesting game to say the least. I'll definitely consider getting it.

The open world looks pretty big to explore. I like all of the forests and stuffz.

Veteran Enthusiast

Literally just buying it now. Might do some filming if my computer can handle it.

P2k

Update:

Lost all interest in the game when.. [spoiler:zyz53v4f]Vaas died. Can't believe they chose boring as shit Hoyt to be the main villain over Vaas. It was so sudden too, he only had like 10 minutes of (albeit really interesting) screen time. They definitely should have taken his character development further. Lot's of lost potential.[/spoiler:zyz53v4f]

After that the game slowly started to go down hill. It ruined the story, but the game also began to get repetitive and decline in quality.

Weird that a game I was enjoying so much to the point of calling it GOTY lost my interest so rapidly. I might give it a go again some other time, but I'm not feeling it any more.

I still loved the first half of the game though, good stuff.
    -

Banned

I'm playing it. The fact that I have to hunt animals and skin them in order to craft larger rucksacks/wallets/ammo pouches surely gives a fresh breath of air.
    Far Cry 2 has been a massive disappointment for me, but the 3rd shot definitely compensates the whole series, I'm really fond of it. So far, I've managed to retrieve Citra her wanted knife, and I'm willing to go way deeper than this.
    It's already the GOTY for me.

The Green Boss

I know it's a bump but it shouldn't matter too much. Just bought this right now and I'm really excited to play it. Just have to wait while it's downloading!

Ahh yes. This game is absolutely amazing. Can't get enough of this. I just love hunting animals and of course, making progress to the brilliant story line. Seriously, this storyline for this game is actually good. However, the multiplayer isn't that good though, not bad but just pretty boring. But man the story is just so goooooood it's definately my favourite game. You can pretty much do anything on it.

E: I only got this game yesterday as well. I'm at the part where i have to go to Citra, but right now I'm trying to capture some new villages and turn on radio towers. Also just get a lot of resources and weapons.
    [center:tc3lrgem]Click the animation for my thread
    [/center:tc3lrgem]