Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2

Dota 2

Wanna pick up Dota2? Read this.
    http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Alt-Tab-Guides
    http://dota2alttab.com/

More in-depth shit and trivia
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Dota_2_Wiki

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Welp, I did it. So yeah, who plays? Post your shit (steamprofile/dotabuff/screencaps/favorite heros and the likely).

LoL-Players are welcome aswell but please not just drop by and tell me that Dota is massive ripoff.
    That's all, tbh I don't expect much replies, let's just see how this goes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/10ks/
    Did some pub's yesterday, which were full of russian's with open-mic, shit was horrible.

So yeah, let's get this thing started.

I just discovered there are like 2 threads on Dota/Dota 2/The International, but they all got like zero replies, so we can keep this one, right?
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Re: Dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by tenks

LoL-Players are welcome aswell but please not just drop by and tell me that Dota is massive ripoff
    I don't think the League of Legends players on DD are nearly stupid enough to think this is even true or close to it (I hope).

Anyways yeah DotA2 is fun. I love me some LoL but I love the design of DotA2 as well, especially the unique and interesting abilites of the characters. It would help if I could last hit worth a shit or play this game even close to decently though. Haven't played it in a while; need to pick it back up and mess around with it.

My favorite characters that I'd want to play are Viper, Meepo, Ursa, Pudge, Rubick,Drow Ranger and Enigma (Enigma is like the character I REALLY like honestly, like, he's the reason I became interested in DotA 2 in the first place, everything about him from his character design to his skills to DAT BLACK HOLE just interest me so much.)

I've played like one or two pubs but I always get shit on because I'm a fucking bad kid scrub noob fuck.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

I can't say I'm particulary good either, it just depends a lot on who you play with and last-hitting can really be a pain in the ass. If you want to get back into the swing, i suggest some practice-matches on easy bots (since they don't deny) and getting the grip of last-hitting. But more often than not, publics are even easier than botgames..

Oh and favorite Hero's would be Necrolyte, Undying and Omniknight, though I really just random my shit and can't say I'm focusing on one.

Oh and and Enigma's Ult can turn a whole fucking teamfight into a complete desaster. Once you BKB on enigma and cannot be silenced, stunned or generally disabled, your black-hole is going to flip shit, big time. Also he is the perfect jungler, as you can instakill one junglecreep with demonic conversion and summon 3 add's which can help you farm up even more.

[spoiler:5scnaig2][youtube:5scnaig2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSDGMA-Lo0[/youtube:5scnaig2][/spoiler:5scnaig2]

I have like 7 copies to give away if anyone wants to try this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/turkitch
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Literally the moment I got my beta key a year ago my computer shat itself after I had time for about 7 games and ive been stuck playing LoL ever since.

My favorite hero is by far nerub (nyx) because I love the concept of his playstyle where you just go for a fast bottle and arcane boots, then you just gank and shit on people. I also used to play a tonne of Magnus and Spectre.

@Shad - please dont pick Meepo until you are very experienced. You wont have fun. Go check out purges "welcome to dota, you suck" guide

Also for Enigma just do your best to farm up a blink ASAP by jungling, or if you play in a lane stack and pull neutrals (although lane enigma is pretty rare). after that you can do whatever you want on him although i'de advise going for a BKB because it will allow you to be magic immune which means you wont miss out on opportunities for good ulties. An early Basilius is also really good, as well as the usual mek and shit.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Quote Originally Posted by MrReaper
    Literally the moment I got my beta key a year ago my computer shat itself after I had time for about 7 games and ive been stuck playing LoL ever since.

My favorite hero is by far nerub (nyx) because I love the concept of his playstyle where you just go for a fast bottle and arcane boots, then you just gank and shit on people. I also used to play a tonne of Magnus and Spectre.

@Shad - please dont pick Meepo until you are very experienced. You wont have fun. Go check out purges "welcome to dota, you suck" guide

Also for Enigma just do your best to farm up a blink ASAP by jungling, or if you play in a lane stack and pull neutrals (although lane enigma is pretty rare). after that you can do whatever you want on him although i'de advise going for a BKB because it will allow you to be magic immune which means you wont miss out on opportunities for good ulties. An early Basilius is also really good, as well as the usual mek and shit.
    I know how hard meepo is, Already watched a ton of guides and stuff. I doubt I'd have FUN with him but I DID play a lot of RTS games so I'm used to multitasking on hotkeys and if I ever did mess with him it wouldn't be in a public game. Part of the fun with doing something like that is it being really difficult in the first place, haha.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

This game is really cool, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

My favourite character is Anti-Mage.

? ???????? ???????.

PINGPING PING PINGPINGPI PING PIGIG PIG GPUIGNG

That said, I love dota 2. Been playing for a few weeks now, and I'm hooked. Add me on steam if anyone wants to play, darren_1337.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

-ping
    ?????? ???????!
    wat the fuck nob y didnt u suport puhs!
    RUSSIA STRONK (Sven lvl. 7) has disconnected
    RUSSIA STRONK has 5 minutes to reconnect

EVERY FUCKING TIME

fuk of cunt i need my shadowblad.