Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Pokemon Conquest

I feel like this one hasn't really gotten much attention. I almost beat up a 12 year old for this game when I first got it, honestly, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. They make it ridiculously hard to get any form of a legend and they give some good Pokemon shit moves.
    [center:c2uhva1r][/center:c2uhva1r]

[center:c2uhva1r]Skype~ bluewolf1014[/center:c2uhva1r]

Re: Pokemon Conquest

I never played it, but I just watched some game-play and I quite understand why this game didn't get as popular as other Pokťmon game. Even though I am aware the name Pokťmon is abused for several games that are nothing like the actual game, (Pokťmon Pinball, Pikachu Surf, the Pokťwalkers and so on,) I don't think this has any real connection with Pokťmon with exception of the sprites and I don't think many of the Pokťmon followers are interested in playing a strategy game. Well, at least I am not and it seems like I'm not the only one.

Just my two cents, I haven't played the game myself, but chances are I never will. I'd rather get Hero Academy or something for ľ of the price.

Devoted Veteran

I'v played it, and I don't see too many problems with it. Of course there will be flaws, as Pokemon hasn't really done anything like this before. The main reason, I think, that people dislike this game is because they're expecting something like previous Pokemon games. If you go into it expecting something like a strategy game, it's really well done for its genre. As a real Pokemon fan, though I must say there could have been an option to choose which moves a pokemon can learn instead of having to choose a pokemon based on its single move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    I almost beat up a 12 year old for this game when I first got it
    Wha- why would you do that?
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Quote Originally Posted by tenks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Lionheart
    I almost beat up a 12 year old for this game when I first got it
    Wha- why would you do that?
    because I was about to go on a long road trip and I had been to like 8 different stores trying to find it lol

Idk I don't find it was that great to be a strategy game. It wasn't very challenging at all, which made me kind of sad. I don't think it was TERRIBLE but it could have been MUCH better, but at the same time, Pokemon has never done anything like this, so I guess maybe in the later years they'll maybe try to improve it or something.

And I liked Pokemon Pinball

I think the thing that most people seem to forget that this is a crossover game so it's going to be different. In fact, the Japanese title for the game is literally ???????????? Pokemon Purasu Nobunaga no Yab? or Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition for those who would like a translated name. Keep in mind that this game was developed by Tecmo Koei and not the original Pokemon developers, as The Pokemon Company and Nintendo simply only published the game and gave Tecmo Koei the rights to the Pokemon universe for them to work with.

I've never played the game as a whole meaning I never beat the game, but from the in-store demo that I played of the game, I found it to be very fun. It stays true to the Nobunaga series universe while at the same time, it introduces new players of the Nobunaga series through the Pokemon universe. Granted, this is a marketing tactic, but it's a very good marketing tactic which has given the game the amount of praise it has had for being different. Now, is everyone going to like this game? No, they will not; however, I feel as if people should go into these kind of spin off games with an open mind instead of automatically saying the things that have been said.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

I was extremely excited when the game came out. I knew it was going to be different at that's what I wanted, however, I didn't find the game as good as I thought it would be. Granted it still is an ok game, not the greatest and not the worst by far. It just wasn't what I thought it would be