Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Dead Space 3

Dead Space 3

There's no doubt this game has moved away from it's traditional horror survival roots, but the game is still something of a spectacle to play. What're your thoughts on the game?

I love it to bits; playing with a friend makes the game ridiculously entertaining and all the mechanics of Dead Space 2 are still there. The graphics are glorious and the storyline is enthralling, although not as much as Dead Space 2. It's a lot more action-y, but that's to be expected, because Isaac isn't running from his insanity any more, he's saving the world. It still has the 'oh god I could be attacked at anytime" atmosphere, and there are bits that can make you jump - but overall, the game's fun to play.

Re: Dead Space 3

Origin, waist-high cover, gears of war: space edition, microtransactions. This game has it all!
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Origin, waist-high cover, gears of war: space edition, microtransactions. This game has it all!
    Don't forget about running errands for hours!

To be honest it looks like fun but a bit silly. Also seems boring, to me. But I don't really mind the switch to action from horror as long as it's done well. An example of horror to action that is piss poor would be RE5.

They REALLY overdid it with the QTE's this time, I loved the first one and the second wasn't too shabby aswell. BUT HOLY FUCKING CHRIST EA! Can't you let me play for like more then 3 seconds without taking my controller/keyboard away to give it back to me after a 3 seconds cutscene? It upright annoying. Oh and everything that Darren said, it's a shame, it's not even good for the story-progression.

[youtube:1hf7xd5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiTli_j75N0#![/youtube:1hf7xd5g]
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Veteran Enthusiast

I've heard a lot of mixed things about this game. Sounds cool but I won't be paying money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tenks
    Can't you let me play for like more then 3 seconds without taking my controller/keyboard away to give it back to me after a 3 seconds cutscene? It upright annoying.
    This is a problem I had in Dead Space 2 sometimes. I'm glad it wasn't too overdone in Mass Effect 3 though. And I've been watching DS3 walkthroughs and it's almost like you have no control in the action scenes. Which is what I love about the Uncharted series so much. Full control almost 95% of the time (this isn't counting cutscenes). Dead Space 1 was fantastic and even the second one was pretty great. The action AND HORROR was well done.

Universal ammo, no more save stations. Really? I'm playing this one for the story, hopefully it'll give some closure, or at least add more info about the markers and shit. So far, I'm pretty glad I bought it slowly...