Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Dead Space One and Two

I saw a thread for Dead Space 3, but not one for the first two.

I just bought both of the Dead Spaces on the urging if my cousin (plus he bought one of them for me.). I'm downloading now and don't want to watch any gameplays or whatnot for fear of spoiling the games for me. But what are the opinions of the folk here who have played them, and what am I in for?
    [center:26lpf8cv][/center:26lpf8cv]
    [center:26lpf8cv]Su'up[/center:26lpf8cv]

Re: Dead Space One and Two

I played through the first one around 13 times, one of my favorite games, it's not as scary as everyone makes it out to be, it's just a pretty fucking solid game. The controls are a bit weird at first but only adding to the claustrophobic feel in those corridors. Second one was still cool but a bit too focused on action for my taste. You're in for a cool and kinda scary 3rd person shooter with tactical dismemberment, which is hella fun.
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

I didn't play the first one nearly as many times as Tenks, but it did have replay value, that's for sure. I went through story around four different times, and once with just the plasma cutter. Fuck yeah. It's a really enjoyable game, and the story line is good. You won't regret purchasing it.
    v The Thread v

Quote Originally Posted by tenks
    I played through the first one around 13 times, one of my favorite games, it's not as scary as everyone makes it out to be, it's just a pretty fucking solid game. The controls are a bit weird at first but only adding to the claustrophobic feel in those corridors. Second one was still cool but a bit too focused on action for my taste. You're in for a cool and kinda scary 3rd person shooter with tactical dismemberment, which is hella fun.
    I read this and was like, wtf is that supposed to mean?
    Then I started playing and understand fully XD
    The first one is hella fun so far, the only real startle I had so far was when one of the critters that I thought was dead jumped up and came after me.
    [center:26lpf8cv]Su'up[/center:26lpf8cv]

Van

i have dead space 1, it's great and the graphics are sweet.

A cool thing not to miss in the first one: Remember the first letter of each chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    A cool thing not to miss in the first one: Remember the first letter of each chapter.
    I forgot about that.

anyway Dead Space 1 is fucking great. Spooky4u atmosphere and actually scary. Great survival horror game, intense moments, and incredible visuals. Emphasize on the survival too. There were times where I felt utterly scared and fucked for Isaac's life during some moments. overall a great game and should not be missed. 9/10
    Dead Space 2 was great too, but lacked the same survival feel. I felt too powerful in that game but it still had some spooks with some great action scenes. I liked the idea that you were playing as a delusional, hallucinating character. I've never done that before and made the game all the more fucked up. 8.5/10

Van

so true man, dead space 2 he was like insane