Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

PlayStation - PlayStation Press COnference [page 4]

It has officially been announced. The PlayStation 4, coming to you these holidays. Not only has tonight's PlayStation gathering told us a lot about the brand new, next generation, top tier console we all anticipated, but also the games that are going to be released on the PS4. Sadly not everyone was fortunate enough to watch the event live, but for those who are interested in watching it anyway, I will soon post a link on which you can watch it all over at your own pace.
    Others might be more interested in hearing a brief summary, instead of taking 2 hours to watch the whole stream. And for those people, I present just that summary.

Same summary as the one below in non-bold, grey-black.

Spoiler:
    The whole event started out with the big announcement for the newest PlayStation. Most of us had anticipated this one, but I'm sure we all felt that weight flowing of us as they made it official. No? Well, I did at least.
    Mark Cerny held his presentation about the new specifications of the new console, what kind of heavy processing it's able to take, etc. I could go in detail about all its capacities, but let's just say that you don't have to worry about any graphical lag for the next decade. Well, at least five years.
    Our very same Mark Cerny also gave a little speech and teaser of his personal project, of which he is the director, named Knack. Knack is a cartoon-esque game, that will probably not push the graphics cards of the PlayStation to its limits, but nonetheless the art design looks very well done.
    He also showed us the new controller, which will have a touch-pad for whatever kind of use they were able to find for that. It also has a share-button that would allow us to directly record video's and screenshots with our friends. The design had been 'leaked' out earlier, but for those who missed that, here's a nice picture for you to drool on.
    A big new feature is the fact that you you will be able to play games, while you're downloading them. And yes, we're speaking of playing the actual game that you're download. With some new sci-fi, future alien mechanic you will be able to download and directly play a part of the game, while the rest is downloading in the background. Remember when you had to wait for your download? Me neither.
    PlayStation will also have a whole new video upload and stream system. Ain't that convenient? Game commentators on YouTube are also a thing of the past. Now you can watch games, while you're playing games on your newest gaming console. Isn't the future great?
    Another new feature is that you can stream games from all the other PlayStation generations. You heard that right, PlayStation one, you're relevant again. Well, actually you aren't, just your games. If anything, you're less relevant when you think about it, PS1 and PS2.
    Another new feature that is brought to us by Gaikai is that you can use your PS Vita as a remote for your PS4. This way you get the false sense that your expensive PS Vita isn't totally useless. Well, I guess it's still somewhat useful, until they make the PS4 slim small enough to fit in your pocket. Then you've got a problem.
    And this is the part where a ton of games got announced with great new teasers, which you can undoubtedly find on YouTube by the time your reading this. Or maybe even by the time I'm done writing this. Those things go fast nowadays.
    The first game on the list (or technically second, if you count Knack) is Killzone: Shadow Fall, which was introduced to us by a guy with the most pedantic accent ever. Nonetheless did the game seem rather intense. A futuristic first person shooter taking place in a seemingly utopic place, until the plot kicks in.
    After that we had a little presentation from a guy that was more hyped over a racing game, that goes by the incredibly creative name that is Driveclub, than anyone I have ever seen before. Ever. I won't deny that he had good reason to be excited about it, as the cars did look extremely pretty and we're apparently modeled extremely precisely, so if you're comparing your own Lamborghini to the one on the screen, you won't notice a difference. I promise.
    Following this rather interesting racing game was probably the most over-emotional, rebelling presentation since Martin Luther King's death. This wouldn't be bad if we were talking about human rights, but it was about a video game. It basically started out with a talk about security and how it damaged our freedom, which was apparently related to the time we spend waiting in on airports (which was a lot of human lives, might you be interested), just to suddenly start talking about superpowers. The trailer itself seemed rushed and you kind of caught a glimpse that it was actually the game inFAMOUS he was talking about at the end of the trailer. Though I'm sure the game itself will be great.
    After that we got a little presentation of Jonathan Blow, who managed to, against all my expectations, keep a speech without sounding like an arrogant, socially handicapped prick. Despite his personality, don't let it be said that he isn't a great game-designer. He showed us a teaser of The Witness, which is apparently going to be another PlayStation exclusive. It's an aesthetically amazing puzzle game that takes place in a very natural, surreal setting.
    Then we got a nice music demo with the PlayStation Move involved that seemed so out of the blue and uninteresting that I don't think it's worth more than this very mention.
    Of course Square Enix also had to show their goods. Besides the Final Fantasy game that we all were expecting, they also showed us some additional footage for Watch Dogs. A game that's blandly focused around your mobile phone. Don't take that as an insult though, this create a very original gameplay. I could explain all of it to you, but I think you will be far better of watching the trailer, which has many features that will probably tickle your fancy.
    Now here's some news that you might not have expected. Blizzard also produces for PS4, but wait that's not the part that's supposed to rustle your jimmies. What is though, is that they are releasing, for the PlayStation 4... Diablo 3. Yes indeed, they altered the whole control scheme to go well with a controller and apparently they did a fine job on that. I mean, if you can't trust the spokesman of Blizzard, who can you trust. Right? Well, let's just hope it won't be as disappointing as the version we all came to hate. And more important, let's hope that server errors are a thing of the past.
    Now here's something cool. You may have heard of Destiny, a game by Bungie, the development company of HALO 3. Like we're used from them, they bring us an outer-space shooter with aliens. But a darn good looking one at that. It doesn't look like the game I would personally enjoy, but I can appreciate those graphics any time of the day and the fact that they commit the entire company to it, makes it probably worthwhile.
    Well, that's the entire wrap-up. Make sure you have saved up your allowance by the holidays this year, kids. It's 3AM, I'm somewhat tired and I have to work tomorrow. G'night.[/spoiler:2zsk358h]

The whole event started out with the big announcement for the newest PlayStation. Most of us had anticipated this one, but I'm sure we all felt that weight flowing of us as they made it official. No? Well, I did at least.
    Mark Cerny held his presentation about the new specifications of the new console, what kind of heavy processing it's able to take, etc. I could go in detail about all its capacities, but let's just say that you don't have to worry about any graphical lag for the next decade. Well, at least five years.
    Our very same Mark Cerny also gave a little speech and teaser of his personal project, of which he is the director, named Knack. Knack is a cartoon-esque game, that will probably not push the graphics cards of the PlayStation to its limits, but nonetheless the art design looks very well done.
    He also showed us the new controller, which will have a touch-pad for whatever kind of use they were able to find for that. It also has a share-button that would allow us to directly record video's and screenshots with our friends. The design had been 'leaked' out earlier, but for those who missed that, here's a nice picture for you to drool on.
    A big new feature is the fact that you you will be able to play games, while you're downloading them. And yes, we're speaking of playing the actual game that you're download. With some new sci-fi, future alien mechanic you will be able to download and directly play a part of the game, while the rest is downloading in the background. Remember when you had to wait for your download? Me neither.
    PlayStation will also have a whole new video upload and stream system. Ain't that convenient? Game commentators on YouTube are also a thing of the past. Now you can watch games, while you're playing games on your newest gaming console. Isn't the future great?
    Another new feature is that you can stream games from all the other PlayStation generations. You heard that right, PlayStation one, you're relevant again. Well, actually you aren't, just your games. If anything, you're less relevant when you think about it, PS1 and PS2.
    Another new feature that is brought to us by Gaikai is that you can use your PS Vita as a remote for your PS4. This way you get the false sense that your expensive PS Vita isn't totally useless. Well, I guess it's still somewhat useful, until they make the PS4 slim small enough to fit in your pocket. Then you've got a problem.
    And this is the part where a ton of games got announced with great new teasers, which you can undoubtedly find on YouTube by the time your reading this. Or maybe even by the time I'm done writing this. Those things go fast nowadays.
    The first game on the list (or technically second, if you count Knack) is Killzone: Shadow Fall, which was introduced to us by a guy with the most pedantic accent ever. Nonetheless did the game seem rather intense. A futuristic first person shooter taking place in a seemingly utopic place, until the plot kicks in.
    After that we had a little presentation from a guy that was more hyped over a racing game, that goes by the incredibly creative name that is Driveclub, than anyone I have ever seen before. Ever. I won't deny that he had good reason to be excited about it, as the cars did look extremely pretty and we're apparently modeled extremely precisely, so if you're comparing your own Lamborghini to the one on the screen, you won't notice a difference. I promise.
    Following this rather interesting racing game was probably the most over-emotional, rebelling presentation since Martin Luther King's death. This wouldn't be bad if we were talking about human rights, but it was about a video game. It basically started out with a talk about security and how it damaged our freedom, which was apparently related to the time we spend waiting in on airports (which was a lot of human lives, might you be interested), just to suddenly start talking about superpowers. The trailer itself seemed rushed and you kind of caught a glimpse that it was actually the game inFAMOUS he was talking about at the end of the trailer. Though I'm sure the game itself will be great.
    After that we got a little presentation of Jonathan Blow, who managed to, against all my expectations, keep a speech without sounding like an arrogant, socially handicapped prick. Despite his personality, don't let it be said that he isn't a great game-designer. He showed us a teaser of The Witness, which is apparently going to be another PlayStation exclusive. It's an aesthetically amazing puzzle game that takes place in a very natural, surreal setting.
    Then we got a nice music demo with the PlayStation Move involved that seemed so out of the blue and uninteresting that I don't think it's worth more than this very mention.
    Of course Square Enix also had to show their goods. Besides the Final Fantasy game that we all were expecting, they also showed us some additional footage for Watch Dogs. A game that's blandly focused around your mobile phone. Don't take that as an insult though, this create a very original gameplay. I could explain all of it to you, but I think you will be far better of watching the trailer, which has many features that will probably tickle your fancy.
    Now here's some news that you might not have expected. Blizzard also produces for PS4, but wait that's not the part that's supposed to rustle your jimmies. What is though, is that they are releasing, for the PlayStation 4... Diablo 3. Yes indeed, they altered the whole control scheme to go well with a controller and apparently they did a fine job on that. I mean, if you can't trust the spokesman of Blizzard, who can you trust. Right? Well, let's just hope it won't be as disappointing as the version we all came to hate. And more important, let's hope that server errors are a thing of the past.
    Now here's something cool. You may have heard of Destiny, a game by Bungie, the development company of HALO 3. Like we're used from them, they bring us an outer-space shooter with aliens. But a darn good looking one at that. It doesn't look like the game I would personally enjoy, but I can appreciate those graphics any time of the day and the fact that they commit the entire company to it, makes it probably worthwhile.
    Well, that's the entire wrap-up. Make sure you have saved up your allowance by the holidays this year, kids. It's 3AM, I'm somewhat tired and I have to work tomorrow. G'night.

Old news.
    [spoiler:2zsk358h]So, you undoubtedly have heard some rumors regarding the new, upcoming PlayStation. It's supposed to have a new controller, which would mean bad news to the infamous Dual Shock all previous generations used to have. Or the fact that the console would have the best capacities of any console on the market. So far it's all rumors and expectations though...

Luckily, it seems like tomorrow (February 20th) will be the official announcement of the PlayStation 4, or whatever name it's going by.

Personally, I'm anticipating this more than I expected to. I didn't own a PlayStation 3, which on its own didn't bother me a lot, but the fact that I couldn't play promising games, such as Journey, The Unfinished Swan and Ni No Kuni was kind of heartbreaking. Hopefully the price-range won't be as great as its predecessor (although I'm aware this was for good reasons), otherwise I might wait till the price drops a little.

Anyhow, how are your expectations, looking forward to it? Feel free to discuss PlayStation in general.
    Last edited by DaniŽl; 11 Jun 2013 at 06:52 AM.

Re: PlayStation 4

It'll be cool to see the Playstation make a return as the king of the consoles. After having a PS1 and PS2 I ended up siding with the 360 just in the interest of price but nowadays I'm less limited by cost, so if the PS3 has some cool launch titles I might end up buying one, definitely so if Gran Turismo 6 is going to be a launch title, I just hope all the issues with the PS3 PSN that I heard about are all ironed out, and maybe some better exclusives wouldn't go a miss too.

But I'm excited for it anyway, new console time is always exciting.
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

I heard about Xbox 720 some time ago...

Thid controller looks hard to master in my opinion.
    But i personally don't care I'm a PC person anyway.

ℋope

Quote Originally Posted by Ado dragon
    +retarded as fuck
    +fake

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol
    It'll be cool to see the Playstation make a return as the king of the consoles. After having a PS1 and PS2 I ended up siding with the 360 just in the interest of price but nowadays I'm less limited by cost, so if the PS4 has some cool launch titles I might end up buying one, definitely so if Grand Turismo 6 is going to be a launch title, I just hope all the issues with the PS3 PSN that I heard about are all ironed out, and maybe some better exclusives wouldn't go a miss too.

But I'm excited for it anyway, new console time is always exciting.
    What one needs to take into consideration is that when they buy a PlayStation, they get PSN for free, instead of certain other networks that actually charge money for these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ado dragon
    I heard about Xbox 720 some time ago...
    *snip*
    But i personally don't care I'm a PC person anyway.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that is a fake controller. Either way, this thread isn't about XBox, it's about PlayStation.

Banned

I've never had a Playstation, but depending on how this one looks, I may get one.

I hope they don't repeat the same mistake they did with Playstation 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    That PS3 has no [spoiler:mefphnn7]network[/spoiler:mefphnn7]?
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Quote Originally Posted by tenks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    That PS3 has no [spoiler:149yi0i4]network[/spoiler:149yi0i4]?
    It had a terrible launch and took about 2 years before they could make profit (the production cost was even higher than the retail price at the start).

PlayStation 4 is announced. Watch the full stream here.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast