Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Newbie

Reccomend some games?

I dunno about you guys, but I'm currently quite bored with a lot of games on the market at the moment. I would like some people to reccomend me some old games or some obscure fps (no flash games please). I'm so tired of people saying 'oh em gee mahn u need 2 play halo 2 and cod 4!) these games are not particularly old and I've played them to death.
    Really just looking for games with a solid single player campaign, preferably fps. This all kinda started the other day when I was trying to avoid working, I came across some old Lego games (Lego island 2), I know it seems childish, but it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure if it was just because I associate it with my child hold or whatever but I love it. I then started digging out old gems like theme hospital, dungeon keep, roller coaster tycoon, shit like that. I also started dabbling in the dolphin emu community it was hella fun.
    Anyway, sorry for the terrible typing I'm really out of practice. Reccomend like this please

Name of game:
    Dev:
    Realese date:
    Genre:
    Why you reccomend it:
    Any additional comments:

Thanks guys!

Bad sig.

Vip'd: Pivad Riceinabox Dekoiz FlamingSkull - I don't know if everyone still exists.

Re: Reccomend some games?

It is new, but have you tried dishonored? Or deus ex? Those are the only 2 single player fps games in recent years to really grab me by the tits.

As for oldie but goodies, try command and conquer games. They're literally all brilliant 10/10 games, but they suck once you play anything from red alert 3 onward.

Also fuck your format <3
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    It is new, but have you tried dishonored? Or deus ex? Those are the only 2 single player fps games in recent years to really grab me by the tits.

As for oldie but goodies, try command and conquer games. They're literally all brilliant 10/10 games, but they suck once you play anything from red alert 3 onward.

Also fuck your format <3
    Dishonored (it hurt me to use the American spelling) Is definitely a game I've wanted to 'aquire' for some time, but im holding off till we upgrade to fibre optic later this month because fuck 800 kb/s on torrents.
    I'll have a look at dues ex, I was kinda put off by their new fangled buy your ending bullshit. But have heard very positive things about the replay-a-bility of the first one

I remember playing the old red alerts at a friend's House back in the day and having a blast, so I'll check them out. Cheers brew.

Fuck the system, I just wanted to look like I new how 2 right well on a 4rum <3

Bad sig.

Vip'd: Pivad Riceinabox Dekoiz FlamingSkull - I don't know if everyone still exists.

Banned

If you haven't played any of the Half Lifes, I would strongly recommend them.

Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Girbot
    If you haven't played any of the Half Lifes, I would strongly recommend them.
    Half life should have been another one to post in the please don't tell me to play. Have all of the including the episodes, also have the collectors edition of Hl2. Sorry that seemed abit arsey but COMEON

Bad sig.

If you haven't tried Metro 2033, you should definitely give a go. Great atmosphere and decent (IMO) voice acting.

Far Cry games have great story lines and fun gameplay.

Just Cause 2 isn't first person but a really good boredom killer with a ton of missions.

If you're into survival games try the STALKER series, brilliant atmosphere and gameplay (takes a while to get used to). Be prepared for bugs, though. Try to stay away from Clear Sky unless you want to follow the story or whatever (weakest game out of them)

Have fun
    See You Space Honkboy...

Tribes: Ascend is pretty fun imo. Not old by any means, but it is pretty fucking fun.
    Trailer for those interested
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi
    Looks like one of those weird shows I used to watch as a kid.
    You watch 3d Hentai as a kid?

Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by *Shift
    If you haven't tried Metro 2033, you should definitely give a go. Great atmosphere and decent (IMO) voice acting.

Far Cry games have great story lines and fun gameplay.

Just Cause 2 isn't first person but a really good boredom killer with a ton of missions.

If you're into survival games try the STALKER series, brilliant atmosphere and gameplay (takes a while to get used to). Be prepared for bugs, though. Try to stay away from Clear Sky unless you want to follow the story or whatever (weakest game out of them)

Have fun
    Metro 2033 was another one I used to really want but got put off by big file size and at the time I don't think my pc would have handled it. I currently own far cry 3 . I own the first just cause and used to get a lot of fun out of the just cause 2 demo but it's never appealed to me for some reason. I remember seeing the advert for stalker (Chernobyl?) I think. I remember being really intrigued but never getting it for some reason, probably because I thought I'd shit my pants. After playing amnesia and penumbra, I was probably right haha.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys, really appreciated! xo

Bad sig.

If you haven't already played it, Singularity was a pretty neat game.
    v The Thread v

If you want a enjoyable game for a good price, then I'd definitely recommend Terraria. It's like 10$, it's often on a -75% sale too.

Otherwise, perhaps Portal 2, which is also astounding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast