Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief.

Thief.

Ayup, my favorite stealth-game is getting a reboot. Yay.

So far we have:

>t4ffer vision (Highlights shit you can interact with e.g. steal)
    >No light gem (A little gem that displayed how well you were hidden)
    >Focus (Let's you slow down time and perform k00L takedownZ(TM))
    >Rope Arrows replaced by a Hook-launch-shit-device-thingy attached to your fucking arm.
    >"Times moved on, we're not still in 1998"
    >"Garret is fairly individual, doesn't talk a lot. He is a funny guy but doesn't necessarily crack jokes. This all sounds like somebody who's not going to be fun to play a game with."
    >"Let's be poetic, Garret is stealing sometimes what he might not be able to have himself because he is too independent."
    >"We wanted to bring Garret more to the modern audience of today's console market."
    >"We wanted to bring Garret more to the modern audience of today's console market."
    >"It's a good thing, Garret needs to stand out as a hero in the crowd." HE'S A FUCKING THIEF!
    >"We turned down ALL the things that felt gothic, we don't have that anymore. We wanted to make [Garret] a little bit more mainstream on that."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... thief.aspx
    http://imgur.com/gallery/ZxbVo

DISCUSS
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

Re: Thief.

A hero?

Like, seriously?

Yeah, this interview is the worst thing I've heard in a long time, if they say that they've played the game, they're outright fucking lying.

Veteran Enthusiast

I've never heard of this game. Looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blot
    You should try the first two thieves. They may not be your cup of tea since they aged badly, but the franchise is still a landmark in video games.

Back to the new thief. I really don't want it to be a somekind of dishonored or Deus Ex: HR where you can use superpowers to overcome obstacles. The whole point of the series is that Garett is a character with obvious weaknesses, and those weaknesses should remain to keep the same feeling the franchise has.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    You should try the first two thieves. They may not be your cup of tea since they aged badly, but the franchise is still a landmark in video games.
    Not a fan of old games. The only old ones I play are n64 games like Legend of Zelda.

Back to the new thief. I really don't want it to be a somekind of dishonored or Deus Ex: HR where you can use superpowers to overcome obstacles. The whole point of the series is that Garett is a character with obvious weaknesses, and those weaknesses should remain to keep the same feeling the franchise has.
    The developer already stated him as some kind of superhero and MASTERTHIEF.

Wasn't everyone like this when Human Revolution was announced? It's been a long time in the works, and I have full faith in them for rebooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vices
    Wasn't everyone like this when Human Revolution was announced? It's been a long time in the works, and I have full faith in them for rebooting it.
    The team working on this has nothing to do with HR and the info's that the developer himself revealed already confirm, that this game will be utter crap.

Big Boss

I am not looking forward to this at all. They are already violating what Thief should be about, and by all the things they're saying I have no hope. I'd rather have Thief stay dead then have its lifeless corpse dug up and manipulated by a puppeteer. What really worries me is that there's going to be people who think this is the first Thief game, just like what happened when Fallout 3 came out.

Not a fan of old games. The only old ones I play are n64 games like Legend of Zelda.
    I'd highly recommend you play the originals and maybe then you'll know why people are having a bleak outlook on this reboot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast