Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Magic: The Gathering

Does any of you still play Magic? I used to do it a whole lot some 4 years back, and I still have the collection of ~1000 cards that my brother and I collected. I recently disbanded my primary deck, which was a white prevention and defense deck. Been wanting to make a green/white Saproling/convoke deck (or whatever you'd call it), but I don't really feel like paying that much money for it.

Also, what are your favorite cards and/or card combos? Here are a couple of my favorites:
    [spoiler:3fwfe37p]

[/spoiler:3fwfe37p]

I know just about nothing about the last many generations though. So many new abilities and such.
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Re: Magic: The Gathering

It's an every year ritual that I buy another deck of cards and lose interest after 1-2 matches. The Planewalker Game was pretty cool though.
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::

I remember this being awesome, but I don't know where I left everything. Might as well start searching actually.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

I just started making a new deck, I use a lot of older cards like killer bees and tackle maggots, I prefer the older art style, it looked like it was painted most of the time, the new stuff looks like pictures and that's cool too, but I prefer that it look like it comes out of an ancient bestiary or something. I play a green and black deck, but I'd like to try a white and black, or a red and blue sometime.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse
    I just started making a new deck, I use a lot of older cards like killer bees and tackle maggots, I prefer the older art style, it looked like it was painted most of the time, the new stuff looks like pictures and that's cool too, but I prefer that it look like it comes out of an ancient bestiary or something. I play a green and black deck, but I'd like to try a white and black, or a red and blue sometime.
    Yeah, I also prefer the old art styles most of the times. I've made a thing out of collecting old plains, so the ones I use are mostly ones that say "tap to add white mana to mana pool".
    Also, yeah, a blue/red arcane deck could be really cool.

tumblr | last.fm

I summon Black Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    I summon Black Lotus.
    Pft, I have 4 of those in each of my 7 decks.

tumblr | last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    I summon Black Lotus.
    Pft, I have 4 of those in each of my 7 decks.
    Pffft, I have 4 decks in each of my seven Black Loti.

I got really into MtG for a few months before I left for college. Can't say that I really enjoyed it very much, lol. It's incredibly expensive as the cards are hilariously overpriced, and you are pretty much forced to update your deck every 3-4 months.

The people that went to my local tournaments all used the same deck setup of Delver and Snapcaster and most of them smelled like feces. I wish other game modes other than standard were popular, I might have liked it better.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Enthusiast

I started playing 2 years ago and got my friends in on it. Turns out during sophomore year, one of our Chemistry teacher is a huge MtG player, and goes to play 5 times a week, playing modern, standard, and legacy. So usually every Monday after school we go and play Magic with him. I don't play as much anymore since I'm busy with school and a social life, but I understand the Standard meta and go to play Friday Night Magic every now and then. I'd play Magic more often if I was able to drive and have a job so I could supply myself a much more competitive deck.

Anyways, here's one of my teachers deck as you could see he placed top 16.