Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast

I need some help regarding upgrading my PC

First of all, holy shit. This is new.

Anyway:
    About two years ago I purchased a Dell XPS 8300 and it's been amazing. The PC is solid and I haven't had an issue with it regarding speed, but recently the low end GPU hasn't been able to handle some newer games. I've decided that this year is the year to finally upgrade. Now, I'm happy with most everything I have now but I'd like to upgrade the GPU and the power supply. My current specifications are the following:

-1TB HDD
    -Intel i5-2400 @ 3.10GHz
    -6GB of RAM
    -460w PSU
    -Radeon HD 5670

I want to upgrade the PSU to around 700-750w and graphics to match it. The problem is, I don't know where to start. With a budget of about $250, what could I buy to handle today's games?

Dell XPS 8300 — Intel Core i5 and i7 Desktop | Dell
    This is the computer I own by the way, keep in mind I bought this two years ago.

I'm not so sure about power supply, but for GPU Nvidia is pretty much the way to go, or AMD, take a look at what options you get for them, they do quite the range I believe. I use Nvidia [GEFORCE GT640(Which is roughly mid-range for Nvidia)] myself and it runs all the games I have on ultra and HD at around 30fps with only 2GB of RAM, so yeah.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

If you are looking for budget graphic cards that will handle newer games, I'd probably go as far as to say about picking up a PNY NVIDIA GT430. I bought mine for about 60 bucks and it handles everything I throw at it great. When I was buying/building my computer, the original PSU I had bought was defective as soon as it arrived on my doorstep so I went to Best Buy and picked up the Corsair Gaming Series 750W PSU. It's a bit pricy since I got mine for $129.99 at the time, but you could possibly find a cheaper deal on a website like Amazon. I use those and I've had no issues with overheating or even lag from gaming on newer games.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.