Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Runescape 3

Puddin

Runescape 3

Do you guys like or play this game?
    I have been playing this game scince 2007 and now i made a new account.
    I made two screenshots one of the old game here http://i.imgur.com/GPWT5BB.jpg
    and the new one here http://i.imgur.com/bVZ9dGx.jpg
    It's only Beta, that's why it's not so perfect.

Link to website: RuneScape Ė MMORPG Ė Free Online Fantasy Adventure Game | Strategy Games

A friend and I made an account on Runescape for shits and giggles, just to see how much it had changed. It's entirely shit now, you can't go anywhere or do anything without being overthrown with attempts to get you to buy membership.

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    After the evolution of combat the game went to shit. 07 scape is still fun though

Yeah, oldschool Runescape was great fun. They should have kept focusing on actual fun gameplay instead of trying to improve the shit-but-in-a-cute-way graphics to shit-but-trying-to-be-good graphics.
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl View Post
    A friend and I made an account on Runescape for shits and giggles, just to see how much it had changed. It's entirely shit now, you can't go anywhere or do anything without being overthrown with attempts to get you to buy membership.
    Exactly this. I remember playing this game in like 2005. I had a level 65 or something like that. My favorite thing to do was kill lesser demons for the slight chance of a med rune helm drop. I would make mad money selling those. But I stopped playing it for like 3 years and when I tried it out again it sucked. Every new feature requires you to pay for the game and stuff that used to be free is now extra features you have to pay for. So lame...although I did like the initial point of the game, like how you have multiple skills that have they're own level and you could only level those skills by doing certain tasks. Most MMORPG's now a days have that feature, but it's with like weapon leveling and professions, it doesn't have the variety that runescape does. It would be interesting to see something like the runescape professions put into a newer MMO with better graphics.
    Jojishi likes this.

Puddin
    Yes the old RS was insane but the new RS3 will have much more stuff and I like it even if you need to pay for lots of things.
    I really hope its going to be as sick as eoc •﹏•

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Wait you liked eoc? That completely, and I mean COMPLETELY ruined the game. It's now yet another wow rip off, except worse than the average wow rip off. Everything was pretty dang good up until that point, I thought. I payed for mems and I can honestly say that once I bought membership it became one of the best and most addicting games I had ever played, despite the fact that it was a whole lot of meaningless grinding. Now, though, it's junk. Membership really isn't a big deal though, 5 bucks a month is much better than most MMOs

The only reason i'd play Runescape again was for the community features and nostalgia... sadly, the entire game has been turned into a giant cash cow and the community aspects are almost non-existent relative to Runescape back in 2004-2007.

The game is utterly crap, even if it looks nicer and is now attempting to be a clone of WoW. They gutted what made Runescape such a great game, now it's nothing special, it's not unique and Jagex has turned it slightly into P2W with the squeal of fortune and everything you do now basically says "get members or suffer".
    Jojishi likes this.
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Slubberdegullion View Post
    The only reason i'd play Runescape again was for the community features and nostalgia... sadly, the entire game has been turned into a giant cash cow and the community aspects are almost non-existent relative to Runescape back in 2004-2007.

The game is utterly crap, even if it looks nicer and is now attempting to be a clone of WoW. The gutted what made Runescape such a great game, now it's nothing special, it's not unique.
    Exactly this. I decided to make an account to see how much the game has changed and I can't say I was pleased. Got about halfway through the tutorial until I stopped playing. The amount of travelling and mini quests you need to accomplish to begin playing the game is quite annoying, not to mention the majority of items you unlock during the small quests are for members so you cannot use them anyway. I dislike how the game is progressing but I suppose it doesn't matter as I don't play it any more.

I might buy membership to play 2007 Runescape purely for the sake of nostalgia.

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

Puddin
    OMG why did i made this thread ?
    Lock this shit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast