Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Minifrij
  • 1 Post By shift
  • 1 Post By Raymond
  • 1 Post By Sifter

Thread: Graphic card shit

Graphic card shit

So,before my PC got reformatted I tried running some games,but my PC couldn't run them because they required Shader model 3.0 or higher.So after my PC got reformatted I checked my Graphics card and it was DirectX 9.0c which is shader model 3.0.
    So the question that I've been asking my self is,can I run those games now?I'm confused...

The Little Frij
    Quote Originally Posted by Ado dragon View Post
    can I run those games now?
    Re-download them and try? You can always delete them if they don't work.
    Ado dragon likes this.

Try updating the drivers for your graphics card an installing the newest release of DirectX, that should solve your problem.
    Ado dragon likes this.
    See You Space Honkboy...

Tychus Findlay

Well, DirectX 9.0 is not your graphics card. It's the version of DirectX that is supported by your graphics card. If you want to know the model name/number of your graphics card, click on your start button, then in the search box at the bottom type in Dxdiag and hit enter on your keyboard. You'll notice a message pop up on your screen, just click yes on it. Then you'll get another window that pops up on your screen called the DirectX Diagnostics Tool. It's a window that lets you see all the components in your computer like your processor, how much ram you have, what version of DirectX your graphics card supports, etc. Now at the top are a bunch of tabs, click on the display tab. Under the "Device" section you'll see a name. That's the name of your graphics card. You can type this name into google and find out the specifications of your graphics card and what shader model is has, it's total memory, etc.

Depending on how new and up to date your graphics card is, you may not be able to play some games. Sometimes you just have to accept that until you have the money to purchase either a new computer or a new graphics card to replace your current one with.

But if your still curious to if your computer can handle a certain game, just look up the minimum specifications for whatever game you want to play, and then compare them to the components you have by looking at the DirectX Diagnostics Tool window I was talking about above. Or you can try >this< website. It checks automatically if you can run specific games. You just need to make sure you have the latest version of Java installed to use this online program.
    Ado dragon likes this.

DD addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
    Well, DirectX 9.0 is not your graphics card. It's the version of DirectX that is supported by your graphics card. If you want to know the model name/number of your graphics card, click on your start button, then in the search box at the bottom type in Dxdiag and hit enter on your keyboard
    Orrrrr you download Speccy. It's really useful and gives you detailed infomations about your computer in a way that anyone can undestand.
    My hardware is no good fo games so i cannot play anything but sonic hacks and emulated games. Audiosurf doesn't require a graphic card, tough. So that's an exceptional 3D game.
    Ado dragon likes this.

thanks guys.I found out that I have GeCube RADEON 9600 Game Buster card.

Tychus Findlay

I did some quick research on it and I'm pretty sure that's a integrated graphics card. Or at least it's probably a very old graphics card because it's only supported by these operating systems Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows NT. (Which are all very old, except for XP which is still kind of old, but considering it was one of the most stable operating systems during it's time, it's still pretty good even in today's times.)

I tried finding the amount of video memory available and the shader models that come with the graphics card, but there are none that I can see. That's why I'm assuming this is an integrated graphics card. So in short you won't be able to play that many games with it. Although I would still check using >this< link. There's no harm in finding out. Although if when you click on the link it asks you to install the latest version of java, just google java download and once it's finish you should be able to use that link with no problem.