Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project 8

Project 8

Well, it took them a while, but the Tony hawk series has taken a serious turn. I just barely baught my 360 (2 hours ago), and rented Tony Hawks project 8, and it is possibly the most addicting tony hawk game I have ever played.

The last 4 or 5 games have sucked badly, using the same outdated graphics, and adding little to no new gameplay aspects. This new game, however, is very addicting and fun to play. I am renting it from blockbuster, so I should be set until christmas, when I get Gears of War, Saints Row, and Oblivion (I have it for pc, but my pc sucks, so I am re-getting it...), plus an extra controller or two. Nevertheless, the new tony hawk game will, I hope, turn around the franchise for the better.

The storyline isn't too original, but it's as good as it gets for a skating game. The game has a new feature, Called "Nailing the Trick", which allows to to create your very own custom combo. You go into the mode by pressing down on the analog sticks after an ollie, and then press the analog sticks in any direction (yes, they can be in two completely directions), and you can make your board go every which way. You can switch your leg position at certain points (if the grip tape or the trucks are facing upward), and you can create insane combos. The best one I've ever gotten is 35,000, but I'm sure if I got enough air I could get a lot more.

There are also a variety of original side missions, that you use to increas your rank. The physics are much more improved, and the game itself is way realistic. Saying goodbye to 900,000 point air tricks isn't a bad thing, because pulling off combos that are even a fraction of that is way more fulfilling. Expect a full review and/or guide when I finish the game, lol.

I give this game a definate 9.5/10 (rating is subject to change without notice)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go work out.
    I'm gay.

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

im gonna rent it I think, the demo was pretty tight.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    im gonna rent it I think, the demo was pretty tight.
    Yes it was. I'm stuck on a demos, and the man at the counter cheated me, and now I can't save my game (I bought the core system without an external memory space, so I have to run the chance of leaving my xbox on all night and most of tomorrow, because my parents are too lazy to et up and go to walmart...), and I have school tommorrow. I'm not too sure I can fall asleep with the loud cooling fan on all night. I'm looking forward to a stressful next 24 hours >.>
    I'm gay.

I am making using the Trailers for help on making a skate animation, for proper physics and correct movements, I think it looks sweet, would test it out if I could, but no 360 and on a current gen it's not as cool .
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Dedicated Member
    I was contemplating on getting that.
    I guess this is an "okay" to buy it ))(*
    Oh, and Saints Row is fun as hell.
    Thats like my first and only game. The only thing is, as you progress, its freaking hard without cheats....

Dinosaur Comics

Ok, well, I had to turn off my xbox last night, and today we are going to get a hard drive. All should be well.
    I'm gay.

so the xbox 360 dosnt come with a harddrive..........thats pretty dumb ^:_)
    my thread its full of hentai!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbert
    When Gears of War 2 comes out I知 going to go overboard. I値l keep a chainsaw on me at all times and I値l go around meleeing people with grenades.
    I知 going to carry 4 weapons on me at all times, and I値l have the shittiest most pointless story every devised.
    mapleglobal forums....wow
    Quote Originally Posted by jamprincess
    i was just wondering, wats a cok taste like?

Quote Originally Posted by lizinco
    No, the xbox 360 does. It's the core ystem, which costs 100$ less. So, you ask, why didn't I get the 400$ one and save all of the trouble? If I were to buy the 400 dollar one, I would have to pay 20 dollars more for a wireless controller. Anyways, I'm at school, and am having xbox360 withdrawels...
    I'm gay.

Dedicated Member
    i stole project 8 from my neighbor and now Oscar, Bandito and i are playing it. The graphics re pretty good and its a fun game, ( i still think tony hawks underground was better than this)

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by .:HiGhLy:.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizinco
    No, the xbox 360 does. It's the core ystem, which costs 100$ less. So, you ask, why didn't I get the 400$ one and save all of the trouble? If I were to buy the 400 dollar one, I would have to pay 20 dollars more for a wireless controller. Anyways, I'm at school, and am having xbox360 withdrawels...
    Oooook. Whoever sold you that is scamming you, because the premium 360 comes with a wireless controller at the standerd price.

I would consider returning it, going somwhere else, and buy the premium version.

ESPECIALLY since your planning on buying a hdd anyway. You shouldnt stand by and get scammed like that. Damn.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast