Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ew.

1 4.35%
  • Nice.

4 17.39%
  • What?

1 4.35%
  • Awesome.

13 56.52%
  • Give up on Life.

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

With Love Comes Hate (New update, chapter 4; 5/22/09)

Yes, a new (rather long) chapter is up.

With Love comes Hate
    By: Dylan Moore

My life

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! I never did like that wretched thing. A few minutes of tossing and turning, my regular wake up routine and my mom comes to the bottom of the stairs. “David! Get up! I need you down here and hurry into the shower! I mean, I have needs too.”
    I think to myself Wow, does she have to say that everyday? Every morning when she comes to wake me up it’s “You’re not the only with a life,” or “I need to get out early to meet my friends,” or the classic “Hurry up you’re mother has some where to be.” She needs to learn to calm down.
    I rush down stair to please my mom; after all, she might matter to me some day. I attempt to get her in a good mood, by saying “Today’s going to be a great day.”
    “Whatever David, now get in the shower.”
    Needless to say that didn’t work. So, I get my shower, get some breakfast, and go upstairs to get changed for school all while avoiding my mother. She isn’t a people person.
    My dad? He’s a good guy. A little strange, with a little bit of an addiction to The Beatles, but hey, I’ll take that over F-Piddy, or what ever these rappers call themselves.
    After a while of sitting staring blank faced at the computer screen looking up things I probably shouldn’t, I decide to go to school, I’ll probably be late again, but what do I care? Not my fault my mom holds me every day before I leave to give me the “be good” lecture. I yell good bye to the house and start walking down the street, a nice morning. Of course something has to happen now, right? Right. A bunch of clowns blaring music from a compact car come flying by me; throwing soda cans and cigarette butts at me. Jerks.

I walk into the gym, our meeting spot before school starts, sigh and throw myself to the floor. I still reek of smoke, and my hair’s all sticky and wet from that damn soda.
    “David? Hey David? David!”
    I glance up to see her. Her name is Catherine, and, well, she’s my crush. She’s just beautiful. She has flowing, long brown hair, a great body… I can’t help but to love her.
    “David!” She’s frustrated now.
    I come to “Uh, oh, oh! Hey Catherine! Sorry, rough morning.” I chuckle a little in an attempt to lighten the mood here a little bit.
    She develops a slight grin and proceeds to slap me. She does that a lot.
    After a moment of awkward silence she begins talking to me about something, I can’t even remember, I was too busy just staring at her.
    “… So you think you can do that for me?”
    I think she’s done talking… but, I’m not sure, so I start to respond, like the idiot I am “Uh, sure, sure. When do I need to do...? Uh, what do I need to do?”
    Luckily we were interrupted by the bell that starts school before she could strike me. I knew I’d messed up, but I can’t help myself.
    I’m beside myself by the time I get to class. I’m so pitiful… No wonder I’ve never managed a girlfriend. I see all these girls in the hallway; just none of them see me.
    I’m digging through my locker, looking for my history binder when one of my only friends, Jon comes up behind me and slaps me on the back.
    “Hey, dude, I’ve got this great idea -” Jon always has great ideas, whether it be for how to pass a class, how to score a girl, how to make some other kid get blamed for breaking a window… not a single one I just listed even worked. “We just need three paper towel tubes, a lighter, and a target. What d’ya think.”
    I grab the binder I need, throw it into my book bag, and say “I think you need better ideas.” And promptly walk away to my class.
    I hear him behind me shouting “You’re going to miss out! It’ll be great!” I ignore him, I don’t even turn around.

I sit down in my History class, and realize we had homework last night. Oh no I think. I’m so screwed. I can’t believe I forgot my History homework. Mr. Gleason simply walks up, though, and shakes his head, marking his name down in his grade book. It wasn’t him I was worried about though, it was Catherine. She sits right behind me, and well, you know her slapping obsession. “Here it comes” I think aloud as she hits me across the back of my head
    “I told you we had homework last night!” She and I are… Uhm… “Study buddies” and we only do the homework the other one does, which means “I don’t have it done either Mr. Gleason.” I hear the voice behind me say. “You’re dead today at lunch David. Dead.”
    “Now you’ve done it.” Alex, the boy that sits next to me says.
    “I know Alex, I know.” I throw my head down to the desk and keep it there for the rest of class.

After Math, and French, and every other unbearably boring class before lunch, I wound up back at my locker, but I wasn’t sure why. I just felt like I should be there, I mean, every one else is down in lunch, why am I here? I figure I should open my locker, so I do; I already had all my books… I had all my homework. That I did do. I think to myself. I just dig through all my papers, and I go to close my locker it better luck next time, kid. I slam my locker closed and I’m about to head down to the Cafeteria, when I notice at my feet, there’s a small paper, it’s been folded multiple times. “What’s this?” Great David, now you’re talking to yourself. I turn it over and read the cover side of it out loud. “To David, with love ??”
    What in the world? I open it, and read the note in its entirety… and wow; I don’t… I can’t believe it was meant for me, it was a devotional letter, almost like this girl wanted to marry me… I checked the name.

- Love, Suzy

I fold the note back up, stuff it in my pocket, and head down to lunch wondering “Who’s Suzy?”

She’ll be the “Death” of Me.

Lunch time, great. Now I get killed… I’m just about to sit down at the table when BAM! I get laid out by some unknown force behind me. “Suzy?” I start to say, but quickly realize that this is no Suzy. It was Catherine, and I was screwed.
    “You know you should really listen to me more often David.” She says as she throws her books down in front of me. I jerk back, thinking they were going to hit me, and she bursts out laughing at the thought of her actually hurting me.
    “You should really get over that nasty habit of hitting me” I shoot back.
    She gives me a glare, and take it that I should just shut up now.
    “Hey, David?” It’s Jon. “I need some help with some thing.”
    “You need help? Wow, that’s a first.”
    “Yeah, yeah, you little smart ass. Now, how do you do last nights History Homework?”
    Jon you idiot! Thump! I’m struck again by… Wait, who just did that?
    “Like that Cath?” Cath? Who the hell calls her that?! I feel like beating who ever just said that.
    “Perfect” Catherine says with a smile on her face.
    I stand up and look over my shoulder. It’s Jennifer, the girl who came here when her house burned down. “Catherine? Did you really just tell her to do that?”
    “Yup!” Her smile only grows larger. Oh that’s bad… not another one that will randomly strike me for everything I do.

About half way through lunch, after many idiotic “Jon Jokes” I perk up a bit and tell everyone about Suzy. Everyone stares at me like “What the hell?” so I figure they know nothing about it.
    Catherine eventually asks “Can I see the note? Maybe I’ll recognize the handwriting.”
    NO! Don’t do it Dave! I think as I reluctantly hand her the note. After reading it a few times through, she nearly starts crying, she’s laughing too hard.
    “What?” I say in a pathetic little voice.
    “You don’t even know her, and she says that ‘I’d love to love you, how’s Saturday?’ That’s messed up, Dave!” She gasps for air, as the rest of the table starts laughing with her.
    “I know! That’s why I’m so awkward about this thing, she scares me!” After having enough of this shit the school calls food, I take up my tray, and head out side with Catherine, Jen, and Jon.
    “Oh my dear god, it’s freezing out!” I hear Jen say behind me.
    Oh blow me, it’s nice out, I was dying to say, but I just can’t, that’s too mean. I look up at the tree that we always sit under when we go outside, and there’s a paper tacked to one of the branches. “What’s that?” I think out loud.
    “Maybe it’s another letter from your little lover.” Jon responds.
    “Shove it.” I say as I start to climb the tree to see what it is.
    Coming from some one on the ground, a girl, I hear “Wow, he’s really cute. Just like a little monkey climbing that tree!”
    I start getting cocky with that, and after grabbing the paper, and reading the out side of it “- Suzy” I swing from branches, back and forth, and slowly make my way down the tree. I’m about twenty feet from the ground when the branch I was standing on snaps. I tumble violently to the ground, only to wake up in the hospital.

Amnesia

You know the classic thought when you wake up in a hospital after being knocked out “What the hell did I just do?”

There are people surrounding me, talking amongst each other, I hear little bits of things like “He landed on his head.” And “Wow, and he’s alive?”

I really don’t know what to be thinking… wait… I don’t know who I am! I jerk up in the bed in a panic, screaming things like “Where am I, Who am I? What’s my name?”
    Everyone stops talking, and starts laughing at me, they think this is a joke. Some help they are, but why do I care? I don’t even know who they may be. Some kid walks up to me and pats my back and asks me “How’re you doin’?”

Is he stupid?! I don’t even know what’s going on!
    I manage simple words like “I’m… I’m awake, alive.”

He laughs and says “Good to know, Dave.”

DAVID! That’s who I am, David… But who’s he?
    I look at him with what I’m sure was a “Who the hell are you?” look, because he answered that question exactly.

“You know who I am, right? Jon? You know Genius, Best-Idea-Maker-In-The-World Jon?”

I glare back at him and everything comes back to me, Catherine, the Tree, the Note.. THE NOTE! Jon kind of figured I knew who he was and walked away, leaving Catherine by my bed with my Dad. He had his Beatles-filled mp3 Player in, not paying attention to what was going on. Catherine walks up to me, leans over me and hands me a piece of paper. “You seemed to have dropped this.” She says as she gives me a wink.

“Oh! Thank you.” The words spilled out of my mouth, I nearly let an “I love you out.” Lucky for me I caught that one. I open the letter, curious to see what it says, seeing as though I don’t remember it much at all. Catherine was reading over my shoulder, holding back laughter, as it was another devoted note to me from whoever the hell Suzy is. This note is signed the same as the last, “ – Suzy” You know, I don’t understand girls and all their little note games, deep questions and mood swings, just ask me out already. I fold it up and hand it back to Catherine, she’s full out laughing now, harder than at lunch earlier. My dad takes out his earbuds and asks what’s so funny. Catherine quieted quickly, and said “Nothing, nothing at all.”

My dad retorts “Yeah, okay.” He whispers something in her ear that I couldn’t hear, but I heard Catherine scream “WHAT?!”

Oh no, what did he do?

“NO! WE’VE NEVER DATED! WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!” Catherine glares down at me, as I look up, confused as to what just happened. I must’ve looked like a puppy. Catherine quickly calmed, with out hitting anyone. A First. She still had some steam to blow, so she and my dad left. I used my alone time to relax in my bed and stare at my oversized LCD Television that the hospital has in every room. Better than home. I smile to myself and doze off rather quickly.

The Wrong Kind of Hour

"Daaavid. Come on Dave, you can do it"
    "He's not answering, what's going on?"
    "Some kind of trance"
    I hate doctor talk.
    "NO! I'm not in a trance." I shot up.
    "Oh my." She chuckles lightly "Kind of moody, sorry to disturb your nap, but it's time for
    your medicine."

Medicine, what for? Ugh, this sucks.
    "Could I ask why I need this medicine, it doesn't hurt that bad."
    The nurse/doctor person perks up "Really? You landed almost directly on your head, how does it
    not hurt?"
    "I 'unno, just doesn't. I feel the bump that's there, but not much more."
    I can be persuasive if I need to be.

"You really should be on this painkiller for a day, or two more."
    I can't believe I'm saying this.. "I really want to get back to school, when
    am I getting out of here?"

An eternity and a bag of chips passes before she answers, well, her understudy answers.
    "Atleast a week, but we can bring your studies to you, if you'd like."
    "No, no, that's fine really." I knew I'd regret that.

The door opens up, Catherine's back in the room, and the doctors scuffle off quickly, after
    subjecting me to a painkiller that made me light headed.

"So I hear you told your dad you like me, Dave."
    Shit. "Why would he say something like that? He's an odd guy."
    "But I don't think he's a liar." She retorts quickly.
    "Okay, you caught me, it's been since.. Oh say Seventh Grade."

And so forth comes another awkwardly long and uncomfortable silence. I could hear a glass
    break from two halls over. She was pensive.

"I guess.. I guess I just don't have a choice, but to say how I feel too.." She broke the
    silence.
    I secretly get scared, not wanting her to be the jerk I know she is. "Really?"
    "PSHHHH! Ahahah, no way Dave, no way." Bitch. I hate it when she does that.
    "I just don't like my close friends, I can't, it'd be too weird, I mean what would our families
    say?"
    "Well.. My mom wouldn't care, my dad would be like 'Strawberry Fields Forever, dude' and your
    parents would probably say 'cute, when you moving on?" Okay, that was harsh.
    "Dave, it just won't work, calm down. Maybe someday. Maybe."

Good thing I have.. Uh.. Suzy here waiting for me, or as the last letter said "You just won't
    know who I am until what am is right there beside you. Always." Okay, maybe she just wants
    to get in my pants, but for now, I'll role with it.

"OUCH! DAMN IT!" What in the hell is wrong with me?
    "Dave? You okay? David?!"
    Nurses rush in, Doctors soon following, my head feels like it's on fire, and the world's
    made of ice. I drift into a deep sea of blue, twirling, seemingly dead. Then I hear, in the
    background of the commosion, that I just cannot control "Get him booked in the OR, stat."

Shit. Now this sucks.

- FW
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Enthusiast

Re: With Love Come Hate (Story)

pretty great story(i love reading) but hey when's the plot gonna show continue it now i wanna read more
    |AG|Forum Rules|DB%W Clan|Twilight Clan
    I am the Rice King! Bow down to my riceyness!
    [center:17vwqg1n][/center:17vwqg1n]
    Credits to Amber for the sig and ViciousDuck for the Rank bar.

Credz and Thanks to Forbes for being an awesome friend and buying me V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by riceinabox
    pretty great story(i love reading) but hey when's the plot gonna show continue it now i wanna read more
    I'm getting there, it's a pain to write for me, but I love it, I'm too hard of a thinker about it. The plot will start up real soon. Thanks.

- FW

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by .FW.
    I'm getting there, it's a pain to write for me, but I love it, I'm too hard of a thinker about it. The plot will start up real soon. Thanks.

- FW
    so when u gonna continue?

so when u gonna continue?
    A bit more today, a lot tomorrow.

Enthusiast

i'm kinda sad stories should be appreciated not ignored so everyone read it and appreciate it

Minor update >_>

Enthusiast

moar!moar!moar! add moar! who's Suzy go to the part where he meets her and next moar!

thats a good story...CONTINUE!!!
    Free Games at ROBLOX. Check out what I have been building lately! visit roblox its AWESOME JUICE

Great story, David. Lol

You've left it at a suspense point, update some time soon, kay?
    [tn=560:1296vzj9]http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/makeover2.png[/tn:1296vzj9]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast