Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Static (Horror Story)

This is a story a started writing over at Droidz.org. It got some good reception over there, so I figured I'd find out what you guys think. (My name is Tyler Btw)

Story time. Gather round kiddies.
    Btw, It's cooler to read while listening to music

Droidztropolis - 2013, September 2nd - 8:01 AM

Tyler Reeves woke up. It was Saturday morning, and his apartment was trashed from the party the night before. His friend Scott was passed out on his couch. He got up and put some jeans on and went to the kitchen. He poured himself some cereal and had breakfast. He put his jacket and beanie on and went outside. The streets of Droidztropolis were less crowded than usual. He strolled down the street. He saw a Limo driving by. The City's flag was on the corners of the hood. Mayor Jonathan Wuerte stepped out of the car and walked past him. He glanced back at him for a second, shrugged, and kept walking.

He arrived at the office building and walked through the revolving door. The Lobby was empty, other than Lizzie at her desk. "Oh, Hello Tyler," she said warmly. "Hey," he replied quietly. He went to his desk and sat down. The ground shook, the lights flickered. Tyler glanced around the room quizzically, then returned to shooting paper balls into his waste bin. A powerful static shock struck him from the back of his chair. "Agh!" he yelled. There was a hole in his shirt and a burn on his back. "You okay?" Lizzie asked from across the room. 'Yeah," he answered, clutching the burn. "The fuck?" he whispered.

At around 4:00, he went home. The streets were crowded, the usual circumstance, but they were all crowded around in the intersection at the end of the street. He ran up to see what all the fuss was about. He worked his way through the crowd, and saw a crater in the street. It was about 10 feet around, and 7 feet deep. There was a metallic object, shaped like an egg at the bottom of the crater. Static was pulsing off of it like wildfire.

The object began to glow. Tyler's eye's widened and he began to run. Everyone else stayed around the egg. Tyler covered his ears. Boom.... Blood littered the street, people's dying screams echoing off the walls of buildings. He ran back to his apartment. "Scott, get up man!" he yelled as he entered the door. "I'm already awake man. What's up?" he said. He was watching Family guy reruns from 2009. "Change it to the news," Tyler said in a panic. Scott looked at him funny. " Hey Ty, you okay man?" he said. "I just saw 20 some people EXPLODE. How do you think I feel?!" Tyler yelled. Scott changed to channel 7, DTN, Droidztropolis News. Tyler raised the volume. "...Thanks Tom. In other news, there has been an accident at the corner of 9th and 10th. There are 23 victims, all dead." "Scott, come with me," Tyler said. The ground shook, the lights flickered. "Oh shit," said Tyler.

They walked outside. The street was covered in rubble and blood. Scott walked around, shocked and befuddled. "What the hell happened here?" he asked. "Something fell out of the sky and hit the ground, and then it just....exploded." "Holy hell. LOOK!" Scott said, pointing to the sky. There were around 14 more eggs about to impact. The sky was turning gray, lightning building up within the clouds. Tyler looked around. "I saw Wuerte here earlier," he said. "What? Why would he come to the lower districts?" Scott asked. "I don't know," Tyler answered. Tyler's eyes widened. "Lizzie..." he said under his breath. "What?" Scott said. "Lizzie! She was in the office buildings when that thing hit ground!"

They ran through the rubble and decaying remains of citizens for what felt like years. Scott looked back at one of the bodies. It looked as though it was moving. The body stood up. "Uh, Tyler!" Scott yelled. Tyler turned around. "What?"
    "What the fuck is that?!" Scott screamed. Tyler went silent. "Run..." he whispered.
    They sprinted in fear as more bodies rose from the ground, with a lust for blood.

They ran into the office. Lizzie popped up from behind her desk and aimed a gun at Tyler's head. She saw who he was and lowered her arm. "Tyler?! Are you hurt?" She asked, concerned. "No, I'm fine," he answered. Scott walked around the office with a crazed look in his eye. "THERE ARE FUCKING ZOMBIES OUTSIDE!" He yelled. "Lizzie, where'd you get the gun?" Tyler asked. "I always kept it in my desk in case something bad happened," she replied. "Give it to me," Tyler said. She handed him the gun.

"Okay, we have to make for a shop of some kind," Tyler said. "There's a gun store at the corner of 6th and 7th," Scott said. "Fuck, that's 2 miles from here," Lizzie swore. "Scott, get the fire axe," Tyler said, "and Liz, you get the fire extinguisher." Tyler looked out the window and had a revelation. 'Maybe....THE ELECTRICITY! The extreme shock must have jump-started their brains!'
    Once they had protection, they ventured out the door, into a blinding fog. "Well this is just great," Scott said, in a paranoid tone of voice.

Tyler shifted to the right and began to fire. He shot the figure in the leg. "THE FUCK WAS THA-" the figure said. Tyler had shot his friend Benjamin Jey . "Oh shit, What'd I do!?" Tyler said. Ben was grabbing his shin in pain. "Ben, I thought you were one of them," Tyler explained. Ben flared his eyes at him. "EVER HEARD OF LOOKING BEFORE LEAPING!?" he yelled. Lizzy took her shirt off and tied it around Ben's leg. Tyler handed her his jacket. Scott helped Ben stand up. "Were heading to Alek's Emporium for some guns. You'd be safer if you came with us," Lizzy said. Ben nodded. Scott ran into a nearby hospital and returned with some crutches for Ben to use.

The street was dark and dingy, the fog masking all they could see. Tyler was up in front, gun forward. Ben was behind him, swearing under his breath about his leg. Lizzie followed 3rd, feeling cold wearing nothing but her bra, jeans, and Tyler's Jacket. Scott kept up in the back, ready to slice some head should anything come his way. They came up to a small privately owned deli. The fog was clearing. This part of the city must not have been hit yet. They went inside and began packing all the food they could into Tyler's backpack. Lizzie picked up a couple of knives as well.

They ventured back into the street. A pack of zombies came running out of the fog towards them, tongues flapping. Tyler fired into the crowd dropping one. Scott began to swing the axe in a rage. "DIE ZOMBIE FUCKERS!" He screamed. Tyler handed Ben the pistol and used the fire extinguisher on the crowd of zombies. The nitrogen froze their injured limbs and Scott shattered them limb from limb with the axe. Lizzie began stabbing the zombies in their heads with the knife she'd found in the butcher shop. Lizzie screamed. Her hand was on fire. Tyler used the extinguisher on her hand, but only enough to settle the flames and avoid frostbite.

The zombies lied there, dead for a second time in the street. Tyler looked at a pool of blood next to one of the bodies. Electicity was skipping through it as though it were a sheet of metal. "All the zombies are...... charged with static," he said.

It was night now. They had taken refuge in a nearby apartment that the fog and zombies could not reach. The Zombies could only stay in the fog, for it was charged with static, keeping their brains functioning, and therefore allowing them to live. But it was only a matter of time before an egg struck out in front and they would no longer be safe. Ben set up a video camera to tape the night's events should an egg arrive. Tyler was sound asleep, Lizzie next to him, his gun in hand. Scott, once again, was passed out on a couch.

It was morning. The lights... were flickering.
    "Fuck"
    The barricade they had set up in front of the door was beginning to fall. Hands covered in blood were bursting through the door like mad. Tyler picked up the fire extinguisher and let a nice burst out in the faces of the zombies on the other side of the door.

They shrieked like a small child toward his mother for a small toy. Tyler kicked the door down, picked up the axe, and started swinging. One by one, they fell. Blood splattered on his t-shirt like rain, fury in his eyes. No one, no thing, was going to hurt the people he cared about. His hands, burned from the shocking, trembled. "Tyler?" Scott said quietly. Tyler remained silent. Blood caked his features, burns bountiful on his figure. Tears ran down his face.

"Let's go, before more come," he said. Everyone got up and began to move out of the building. Tyler led in front, as Scott felt he was the most "fit," for fighting the resuscitated, with everyone in agreement after what they had just witnessed. Tyler saw a car. An '04 Mustang, in decent condition. It was a nice light blue, blending with the fog. He hot-wired the car. The engine whirred, but nothing. Scott kicked the hood. The engine roared, and then started to purr. "This makes things easier," said Tyler, grinning.

The Sky was an electric blue, lightning hopping from cloud to cloud. The Eggs fell like rain, hitting the Earth with the force of a toppling elephant. A large green light echoed through the sky. Then, descending through the clouds, there was a ship....The Dark Demon.

More to come :3
    [center:2z3cs3qk]"If I had a dollar bill for every time I've been wrong,
    I'd be a self-made millionaire,
    and you'd still be gone."
    [/center:2z3cs3qk]

Old Newbie

Re: Static (Horror Story)

Wow interesting...
    Courtesy

Thats what she said

my thread >>

my youtube >>

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8 o?n
    Wow interesting...
    Wow, don't one or two word post...maybe give him feedback instead of that cause it is technically spam.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Nice, I think when Tyler says they need to get to a gun shop, there should have been a little hysterical conversation between him , Lizzie, Scott before he said that. Think, would you assess a situation like that, that fast?
    WARLOCK IS MEH BRO KAI?

gotta a good plot...kinda reminds me of the movie "THE MIST" a little but not extremely to much. KEEP GOIN'.
    Repent-or-Perish

Fanatic Enthusiast ShadowS1ay3r's Avatar

.......................lol Awesomeness: Alot

it sounds like war of the worlds mixed with the mist
    and the last paragraph you mentioned tyler was asleep twice
    Ohay.

Quote Originally Posted by Example
    the last paragraph you mentioned tyler was asleep twice
    Thanks. Fixed that.

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

You're getting there, great ideas, and well written. Good job, keep going

- FW
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Sorry, but i stopped there lol. I dont know if this was supposed to be serious, but considering this is a "horror story" id expect the place names to be a bit more serious >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Sorry, but i stopped there lol. I dont know if this was supposed to be serious, but considering this is a "horror story" id expect the place names to be a bit more serious >_>
    I always put something to lighten up the story before it gets violent. All my stories usually end badly (SPOILER?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast