Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Ground Zero (story)

So, I saw that people kept writing stories, so I thought that I would share my own.

Disclaimer: I am terribly sorry for what you are experience, and I got the names from a random name generator.

Anyways:

Introduction:

Russia's stability had declined. The whole economy had collapsed, forcing people out of work, and smashing everything out of order. Many people had invested their last wages in weapons, and now that law was out hand, they raided others' houses, shooting who they want, and taking what they please. Russia's Government sent out the armed forces to deal with these unruly outlaws, but to no avail; the numbers of people were so large that it quickly became a massacre, with dead soldiers' bodies lining the streets of every major city and town there was. As quickly as they were sent in, they were killed, and the Government had to act quickly before things got absolutely out of hand. At their head offices in Moscow, where the violence was worst, they organised an unthinkable task; to destroy every major town there was in Russia by flattening them with nuclear missiles. As the planning went ahead, Moscow's townspeople had no idea. Operation Red had come into action, and in 48 hours, there would be nothing left. Well, there wouldn't be, if it wasn't for Matvey.

Chapter One: Matvey

Matvey was an outlaw from the start, stealing where he could, and breaking countless laws. He was the sort of person that roamed the streets, where he did not look for danger, but danger found him. He was put into an orphanage shortly after birth, and he was never given a last name, just a first name. He kept a selection of illegally bought weapons at home, and regularly practiced firing them. He had trained himself to become an amazing shot, and in his mind, nothing stood in his way.
    Matvey was, like nearly everyone, completely unaware of the plans for nuclear destruction. He had no connections to the Government, no upper-class friends, and, as far as he was concerned, the Government were a load of liars anyway. His days always followed some sort of half-routine, depending on what he planned. He would usually take his pistol out on the streets, keeping himself safe, and trying to find food, as survival was priority, and since all markets and shops had closed, he had nowhere to go and buy it. In the event that he was attacked, he would quietly break his attacker's nose with the gun, or in a more serious attack, he would shoot him in the stomach, leaving his stomach acid to drain away, slowly killing him. He preferred an execution-style kill, as he had always had a strange passion to kill, or to see people be killed, and had always been interested in punishment and more specifically, the death penalty. He had been branded as "sick", but he no longer cared. He had a power that he had never felt before, especially with a gun in his hand, and anyone that no longer agreed with him, he killed.
    The streets of Moscow were empty on the day of the plans being decided, mostly because people hid in fear of outlaws, died, or left the city in search of safer places to be. Matvey had few friends, most of which he only saw very rarely, raiding bins for old food people had left behind, or breaking into abandoned houses for shelter. Matvey still had his house, and the danger of raiders had quickly declined as he had kept watch over the door with his most precious gun, an AK-47 that had once been owned by his father. Many people had been killed by him, and this led him to be feared by many, and generally, left alone, so to ensure their own safety. Today, however, he had encountered problems with three raiders, probably foreign, who had tried their luck. Unluckily for them, he was waiting, and they were gunned down in a hail of lead.
    His plans for the day were to protect the house for 6 hours in the daytime, when most raiders were active, then leave to gather anything he needed to last him until the next day. Then, he would return, and stay to protect his area. This was, and had practically always been a daily routine, but he made sure that he changed it often enough for people not to notice a trend in what he did, and work out what time he would leave, and gain safe entry. Matvey had a very careful personality, and always made sure that he covered up his tracks. He was also quite good at planning ahead; he knew what he wanted, and what he was going to do, and he just brushed inconviniences aside, as if they were no problem at all. This left him time to achieve his goals, such as gathering food and water. Today this attitude had left him time to collect enough food and water to last him a week, which was a rarity, while dealing with the three raiders who dared enter his property.
    On his travels through Moscow, Matvey collected many things that he used to keep defending his land. He would search for things such as padlocks and chains, as raiders often carried large pliers, or large saws, and would simply cut their way in, and he also tried to find ammunition, which was now more common, considering Russia's situation. He could easily find boxes of the right size ammunition, as he owned a couple of the most popular guns in Russia. Before Moscow had been deserted, ammunition shops had been set up and business boomed, until everyone left or died, and so did the owners, sometimes leaving stocks behind. This allowed him to go and fill up when he pleased, and he also kept a lock on these too, so other people couldn't get easy access, while he could.

Re: Ground Zero (story)

I wrote a story too.. its in editing and adding atm after some CC from skype.

As for what you've got of the story so far, seems interesting. Some spellings and stuff you need to pick up, but apart from that you need more.. cause not alot has really happened yet.
    Evenin' - PM?

Enthusiast

Great job man! Very well writen and some very good ideas in it.

Curtz?
    [center:14k5nyi7][/center:14k5nyi7]
    [center:14k5nyi7]My PSN: DepartedProphecy[/center:14k5nyi7]

really good story you should write a book or something
    [center:1n4lo0gx]Animations|Forum Rules
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1243195837.png[/img][/center:1n4lo0gx][center:1n4lo0gx][/center:1n4lo0gx][center:1n4lo0gx]<3 to Sapphire for the Awesome sig[/center:1n4lo0gx]

I know that some spellings are off, I just typed it straight into IE.
    The idea just hit me, lol.

Sup

looks good. keep going ( or add more at least..
    [center:2q8kitnm]
    Click me for courtesy![/center:2q8kitnm]

I added some more guys, and it will get to some action in a bit, I promise you.

try not to tell everything in the intro

just from the intro I already basically know more or less what is gonna happen

play it out slowly and keep the reader hooked
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Banned

The intro was waaaay too giving. Try ease it in a bit.
    But other than that, it's looking good.

Dedicated Member

Inside all you faggots brains. Fucking the brain cells out of you.

Looks pretty good man. Can't wait to read more.
    [center:cdgx4emv]You gotta love 90-yr old Jamaican obsessed drug dealers.[/center:cdgx4emv]
    [center:cdgx4emv]Nuff Said.[/center:cdgx4emv]