Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

its sexy time (story)

no it is not sexy time it is story time

yah I know following fads is gay n such but whatever

The Nova 7 (title is a WIP)

‘Kit up boys you’re coming with us.’

At the time those were the most exciting words I’d ever heard. They acted like a sugar fizzing up inside me and filling me with energy. Mike and I charged along the corridors of the old Nova 7 ship that we called home hardly able to stop ourselves from yelling out. It was a rush to get the spacesuits on in time and we both thought we’d miss it.
    A couple of hours later and we were in the scout ship ready to go. My mother wasn’t happy about the whole situation. She knew what could happen and didn’t want me to get hurt. I sometimes envied Mike in that he was an orphan. Although not often. The planet we were scavenging was a small one which used to play host to an Imperial mining post. Its resources had long since dried up but there was bound to be useful equipment down there. We’re scavengers; most people look down on us. My father fought in the Great War of 12341 which is something I’ve always been proud of, although he doesn’t like to talk about it. After the war was finished jobs were scarce but he met my mother on an isolated space centre, married her and inherited the Nova 7 from her father. Since then he’s been roaming the stars looking for anything he can salvage and then sell on. He says it’s a hard life but it gets him by. When I’m older I want to be a space pilot like in the digi-comics I used to read.
    Normally Mike and I weren’t normally allowed to go on salvage missions but after the disaster of the last planet we visited and what with James and Damien falling ill an exception had to be made. My father wasn’t about to pass by an opportunity like this and he’d been wanting to give us a test run for a while. So this was it. The small scout ship floated away from the Nova 7 into the starry depths of space. The planet we were heading for was only known as B17. It had a greenish tinge to it and a menacing air. Distance stars twinkled maliciously in the background. The ship was warm and crowded. There was barely enough room for the 7 of us. Most of the space onboard the ship was taken up by the small cargo holds. So as you can imagine it was a relief when we touched down on B17.
    ‘Listen boys this is a serious situation and we don’t have time for games or messing around. You could seriously injure yourselves or worse. Your mother doesn’t think you’re ready for this but I do. Don’t make me regret this.’, when my Dad said the last sentence he flashed a warning glance at Mike. Mike just doesn’t seem to feel fear. He’ll do almost anything if you let him. He’s gotten us into trouble more times than I can remember. We lowered our visors and the doors to space opened. My Dad’s voice crackled over the radio crisp and clear: ‘You two stick with me. We’ll go check their storage units. Stay in clear site and don’t wander off. Always stay alert and if you see anything strange, tell me. We don’t know what could be down here.’ And with that ominous warning we stepped onto the planet’s surface.

Chapter 2

Mike and I had been together for as long as I can remember. We found him when I was two years old. Abandoned in a tavern. My mother just couldn’t bear to leave him there. Dad had seen it all before and was ready to leave him but she persuaded him. She said I’d be lonely by myself, said I’d need a playmate. He still wasn’t convinced but he knew she really didn’t want to leave him there. And so we took him onboard and he’s stayed ever since. For a while my parents told us that we were brothers. We were too young to understand that this was impossible. I was 5 and he was 4 and half. It seemed totally natural to us that two people who liked each other so much should be brothers. We got on well from the start and became practically inseparable. But when we reached the age of ten my parents knew they couldn’t keep the truth from us anymore. So one night they broke the news to me and Mike. At first we were both devastated, especially Mike. But my father sat us both down and said: ‘Look, boys. What blood is in your veins doesn’t matter. It’s what’s in your hearts that count. You’re still brothers.’ If he’d said that to us now I’d probably laugh at how cheesy it was but at the time it worked.
    We grew into 14 year olds. I was short but built; I had dark brown hair that was always messy and brown eyes to match. Mike was slightly taller than me but he had never really filled out and I could always beat him in a fight; he had black hair that lay limply on his head and whenever he walked he seemed almost to sway from side to side as though he were about to faint.
    The Nova 7, the ship that we lived on, belonged to my mother’s father before he died. It was originally a ship designed for deep space exploration and was well kitted out. Although it had become incredibly out of date over the years it was sufficient for our needs. We travelled from abandoned planet to abandoned planet collecting what we could. Then we would head to Baccala; the nearest trading port on the planet Camshire and sell what we’d found. We only ever made just enough money to live and when times were hard we often went hungry. It was never too serious though and we got by. We lived on the outer edge of civilization. The Imperium had never extended its borders any further because there was nothing to extend onto. Just empty space for millions of light-years. People say that in the future ships will be built that can travel that distance in minutes. I’d like to see that one day.

Chapter 3

My Dad surveyed the planet with a set of binoculars. ‘James, Francis, Tom, you head over to that old mining station and see what you can find. Alek, Mike you come with me we’ll check out that supply depot. Connor you’re on guard duty.’ It was obvious that Connor wasn’t too pleased about being left on guard duty whilst Mike and I got to check out the supply depot but my Dad didn’t trust him. He had a habit for stealing things and a short temper. He was planning on firing him next time we stopped in Baccala.
    So we set out at a brisk walk towards the depot. It was a dull grey colour and made entirely of metal, it resembled an aircraft hangar and looked like it could collapse at any second but my Dad assured us that these things were sturdier than they looked. Just behind there was a hilly range that stretched away into the distance. We walked through the old huge double doors. Our footsteps echoed in the almost completely bare depot. Mike and I looked around feeling rather disappointed. But my Dad was already trotting towards a small pile of metal crates. ‘Look at these!’ He panted excitedly. ‘These look like engineer’s tools. They must have been planning on building some new equipment before the place closed down.’ But then: ‘Damn!’ he muttered, ‘You need a key code to open them. We’ll have to head back to the scout ship and get some acid to break ‘em open.’ We offered to go get them whilst he stayed here and looked around a bit more but he wouldn’t hear of it. ‘If your mother finds out I’ve been letting you run amok on an unscouted planet she’ll divorce me.’ So that was that. We walked across the depot and out the double doors. As we left the old building Mike muttered: ‘Hey, who’s that?’ and pointed up to one of the hills behind the depot. My Dad turned around a calm expression on his face. Then his head exploded.
    About a second later we heard the sound of the gunshot. ‘Dad? Are you ok?’ I asked stupidly.
    ‘Holy shit run man!’ Mike shouted looking panicked.
    ‘But my Dad’s hurt.’ I said trying to stop the tears, trying not to understand what had just happened. Mike grabbed my arm and dragged me along, pulling me as fast as he could. I looked back at my Dad’s forlorn body, just lying there, abandoned. Then I saw the people chasing us. I pushed Mike’s arm away and started to run as well. I didn’t know what was going anymore I just ran. But years of growing up on a small spaceship hadn’t exactly made me a good runner. We only got about 200 metres before the people, whoever they were fired a stun net at us. It enveloped and electrocuted Mike and I knocking us both out.
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Re: its sexy time (story)

Great story, I liked the part at the start where you compared your excitement to sugar, very affective.
    I noticed a couple of mistakes though, nothing big.
    I sometimes envied Mike in that he was an orphan. Although not often.
    That full stop (or period) Should have been a comma. You used the word "although", which usually means that you're going to continue the sentence by showing another point of view. A full stop doesn't really fit well there.

There should have been some more commas as well, especially when your characters speak. To make it more realistic, you should add more commas so that it looks like they're stopping for a breath.

To sum it up, very good story :3
    what is homo love?

Re: its sexy time (story)

mmk I'll pay more attention to sentence structure next time

and thanks
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]