Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Devoted Veteran

Re: Inspiration/Idea Discussion!

An idea: maybe get an idea from the name of a game. It's what I did with this:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=62968&p=1062902#p1062902

I am inspired by things in my life . The constant factor of my art storys and poems is the fact that i was born with a major sleeping disorder . i sleep maybe for 3 hours a MONTH . I have to take a depression pill , a sleeping pill , 2 different pain killers , and none of them work . So i take all my frustration with life and express myself in any way i can .
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268322832.jpg[/img]
    Your warning level: [ 9000!!! ]Nevik does NOT have a thread D:
    [spoiler:29uah0n9][img]http://**********.com/img/1270657056.gif[/img][/spoiler:29uah0n9]

Old Newbie

I don't know if this will inspire anyone, but it's written on my wall and might inspire some kind of poetry.

"I wish I could sing well, So as to hear of atleast someone enjoying the sounds of my sorrow"

Gay I know, but I couldn't care less.
    courtesy?
    My thread

I use inspiration from other stories but mainly it takes 10-15 mins of sitting down with a notebook!
    Courtz? click patrick

Tim

I know that this is one of the most inactive stickied threads on the site but..

I'm trying to come up with a set of song lyrics and I've been on struggle street right from the get go, so if anyone could hit me up with a couple of ideas, that'd be awesome.

I had this cool lil' idea about this boy who's parents are dead and lives on the streets. He keeps on having dreams of a ruby, which can do anything, if it is carried to a shelter in Japan, which he plans to use to bring his parents back. One day he wakes up and the ruby is on his bedside table. So he begins his journey, but many others have had these dreams, and try to trick or force him into giving them the ruby.

Any good?
    Courtz? click patrick

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

This is more of an idea for poetry, not really for a story. It revolves around a small child (around 3 or 4, gender isn't mentioned on purpose, so you can fill yourself in his/her shoes) who's been blind since birth, and is abandoned in his freezing wooden house. There was some sort of fight, but you don't know how it started because you see it from the child's perspective. You don't know where your mom is, and you hear everyone dying and screaming around you, accompanied by gunshots and cannon fire. It focuses on your confusion of what's going on, and the extreme cold and wind, because the house was partially destroyed to the fight, slowly numbing your senses. You're helpless because being blind, you've relied on other people your entire life, so you just sit there and slowly die. Towards the end of the poem, you feel heat instead of cold, and hear the sound of wood crackling. It is assumed that the house was lit on fire. Soon flames drape over your frail body, and you burn to death, never knowing why you deserve it, or where your mother is, assuming that she too was killed. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim

I'm trying to come up with a set of song lyrics and I've been on struggle street right from the get go, so if anyone could hit me up with a couple of ideas, that'd be awesome.
    That's the worst part at song writing. An idea. There is something you can do that normally helps me a lot.
    Just think of a title any title and write it down do that until you get like 10 titles. (you can search in newspapers, in headers and titles - something like Nice and easy or whatever) after that choose one or more of those titles and start writing down words that relate to the title, write a lot of them and then write the opposite words, for example if you wrote dark you add light and so on. After this you double take the words you wrote and try to come up with an idea that relates to everything you wrote. That's your idea.
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Erup

That's the worst part at song writing. An idea. There is something you can do that normally helps me a lot.
    Just think of a title any title and write it down do that until you get like 10 titles. (you can search in newspapers, in headers and titles - something like Nice and easy or whatever) after that choose one or more of those titles and start writing down words that relate to the title, write a lot of them and then write the opposite words, for example if you wrote dark you add light and so on. After this you double take the words you wrote and try to come up with an idea that relates to everything you wrote. That's your idea.
    That's an awesome idea man, thanks : )

Quote Originally Posted by Erup

That's an awesome idea man, thanks : )
    No problem, man. Also, I forgot to tell, use metaphors.
    For example, my life is an open book, or something like that.
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast