Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Inspiration/Idea Discussion!

If you're ever stuck with a story, or you would like to start one but are finding it hard to come up with decent ideas for the story, you can come here to get ideas and inspiration.

[center:2uxt4yue]OR[/center:2uxt4yue]

Come here to help out others and post your ideas for stories. It could inspire other members to starting their own stories and help them along the way if they get stuck.
    Evenin' - PM?

Re: Inspiration/Idea Discussion!

I bounce my stuff off of written stories, from books and authors

And occasionally I make up my own
    [center:15kh9l7l]
    Got Swift??[/center:15kh9l7l]

I normally wing my stories, I may plan some chapters out or a very basic story line, but come up with most of it as i go along, then go back and revise and edit, because when I wing it, most of my writing isn't as detailed as i would like it to be.
    v The Thread v

I'm into horror novels, so i write them. And they're powered off my nightmares. And real life experiences, just twisted. Or i just imagine.
    [tn=560:1296vzj9]http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/makeover2.png[/tn:1296vzj9]

residing in the very depths of my imagination

i guess my inspiration is other fantasy novels i read...there are some basics to the story i'm writing that are consistent throughout a lot of fantasy books but the plot is just something i came up with :3
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1230967952.png[/img]

Banned

I usually get inspiration from music.
    Only thing is, I can never start the story >_<

I just finished writing a fan-based script for an animation. The game it's supposed to portray is S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl.

Although I don't literally copy and paste a universe in all of my stories, I find that the ultimate inspiration is finding a great story and then see what you can do to make it better. And then change the entire plot of it all but heading in a similar direction.

By finding a great story, this could mean anything: Dreams, nightmares, near-death experiences, or something you thought up about whilst listening to music. Could be anything come to think of it.

Devoted Veteran

Can I ask for help specifically on my story here, too? If so, I need something to get my brain going.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=50947

I often assimilate ideas I find in other media. Be it other stories, games, movies. Things that make me go "that's clever, I'll just nick that." and I do just that. Of course I don't steal them verbatim, but you get the point.
    It's dangerous to use this, though, because first of all if you have no self-control your story will just be an amalgamation of other peoples' ideas, and secondly because you can easily loose track of things and end up with a million separate good ideas all ending in loose ends you need to patch up.

Another way I come up with ideas is when something clever makes me think. Usually I come up with something clever of my own to use.

When I want to write something I usually put some music on, and lay back for 10-15 minutes. The ideas flood in.
    what is homo love?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast