Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

The Camp [Almost Finished]

I've decided to write a little, and get some practice in.
    Try to guess what the story's about :3

I've almost finished the final update. You better enjoy it, it took me quite a while.

--------------
    I laid still on the grass, watching the moonlight flicker between the moody clouds hanging in the sky. I was lost in thought, unable to move. I attempted to roll over onto my stomach, but the hypnotic trance held me like a tack to a board. The ground was damp and cold, and sent chills up my spine; I would be a goner if I didn't get a move on soon. I exhaled deeply and watched the mist from my breath dance in the icy air. I gave it one last shot: "1,2,3, Roll".

A cold, sharp pain ran through my body, stabbing me all over. I groaned loudly, and attempted to hunch myself onto my knees. After a few seconds of intense pain, I was
    succesfully off the ground. My next task was to get on my feet: I grabbed a nearby rail, hoping to pull myself up. A sharp shock ran down my arm; I howled and struck the ground once again. I was back where I started.
    I looked up to see a man in a dark uniform. He strided towards me and grabbed the coller of my pyjamas. I locked eyes with him; his were deep and dark, unlike mine which were blue. He made a disgusting sound with his throat, and spat in my eye. "I should kill you now", he muttered. a wicked tone streaked through his thick accent. I felt almost thankful that he wasn't going to kill me. Instead, he clenched my hair and dragged me through the freezing snow, back to work.

I arrived in the work area, and began hacking the stones with my iron pickaxe straight away. Rumours went round the camp that they only made you work to make you drowsy, and easier to torture. This thought made my stomach heave. What if it was true. What if they don't need us. What if they kill us all in the end. Trying to redivert my thoughts, I felt my blood-soaked head and licked the blood from my hand. I had realised that this is an easy way to keep your mouth moist, since they didn't usually hand much water around.

I dropped my axe as I heard the familiar drone of the bells, and quickly stumbled into line with the other prisoners: It looked like we were going on another march. I hated marches. everyone smelled, and I was always packed tightly into the middle, hardly able to breath or move. The whistle shreiked, and off we went. Every last one of us. Slowly shuffling along the ground like robots, trying not to stammer out of line.

The whistle shreiked a second time, and everyone froze. The prisoner beside me fell, and swiflty hit the cold ground. No-one dared to look, no-one dared to share his fate. We all knew what the fallers got. Everyone took a step back, as one of the uniform men strode towards the faller, pulling the pistol from his pocket. He fired. The angry roar of the gunshot echoed across the camp. I cringed as I felt warm blood spray up my leg, daring not to look down at the bloody mess that was left from the faller.

I looked back as the whistle blew, and started shuffling with the rest of the prisoners. Feeling curious and brave, I quickly pushed out of the line, to chance a look at what we were heading for. I scratched my head at the outline of what looked like a hut. Why were we heading for a hut? I thought. I strained my memory, searching for any 'Hut' Stories that might have been passed around the camp.

-----------------
    what is homo love?

Re: The Camp

update
    what is homo love?

Enthusiast

Re: The Camp

Great job man! I somewhat intrested keep going.
    [center:14k5nyi7][/center:14k5nyi7]
    [center:14k5nyi7]My PSN: DepartedProphecy[/center:14k5nyi7]

Re: The Camp [Almost Finished]

Almost Finished!
    what is homo love?

Enthusiast

Re: The Camp [Almost Finished]

This is great, you have a nice substitute for boring words, and it's not boring...keep up the good work and don't stop writing.