Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    residing in the very depths of my imagination

Children of the Night and Moon: UPDATE

new story idea...hope you like it

Prologue

The smoky fog creeped into the courtyard like a predator stalking its prey only to find its presence had not gone unnoticed. Its ice cold breath rolling over its victim’s feet, chilling those who could still feel to the bone. The undead walked gracefully across the floor as if dancing over a stage of snow white stone. No wind flirted with the trees as they appeared through the fog at an inhuman speed. A blond vampire led his family, its size not as intimidating as their appearances: all of their faces were angular and seemed to be carved from sheet white marble while their eyes were lit by a spark of energy always feeding their emotions, never dying out.

“Eileen should be here for this,” an auburn haired vampire stated to the blond.

“You know I could not force her to come if she did not want to Esmeralda,” the blond replied. “She makes he own decisions.” Esmeralda looked up at her husband’s cold face that suddenly looked weighed down by years of struggle.

“I suppose you are correct,” Esmeralda said, her voice carrying far in the silent sky.

All the vampires suddenly turned toward the still trees, their acute hearing picking up on the rhythmic drumming of the wolves’ feet. They stormed into the courtyard with as much grace as a troll. Their pack was led by a dark brown wolf whose lips were curled back in a vicious snarl. Many of his pack were growling or baring their fangs but none moving to strike, waiting for the command.

The dark brown wolf glanced quickly at a petite light brown wolf and a broad blond wolf at his sides before the three of them changed from their wolf form to their human form. The pack leader’s eyes were filled with suspicion and caution while his followers looked enraged.

“Demitri,” the leader’s voice was cool as ice. “I was surprised to get your message.”

“If you were surprised Mason,” Demitri countered. “It seems you’ve lost your touch.” Some wolves growled while others barked but were silenced by the simple raise of their leader’s hand.

“I doubt you summoned me here to insult me,” Mason voice betrayed the look of fury in his yellow-green eyes. “What is it you want?”

Demitri’s eyes sharpened, his mouth creasing in a hard line. “You know exactly why we are here.” His voice was dripping with venom. “Where is he?”

“He who?” Mason was clearly enjoying this game.

“The boy you Turned you mangy wolf!” Esmeralda spat, unable to control herself.

“Say that again Esmeralda,” the woman dared. “We’ll just see who the mangy one is after I’m through with you.”

“Settle down Lindsey,” Mason commanded, his eyes never leaving Demitri’s. His mate, clearly unhappy, bit back a response and clenched her fists. “Luke did not accompany us on this little outing for obvious reasons,” Mason’s voice was cool once more. “An aged vampire as yourself should know that young wolves are careless and should be watched for the first week.”

“Do not talk to us like we are children! We have been around long enough to know more about your kind than you do!” a dark haired vampire roared.

"Silence Ryan!" Demitri’s voice boomed.

Ryan snarled at Mason before turning to Demitri. "Sorry father," he muttered, sinking into the shadows.

The wolf's laughter filled the still courtyard. "Learn to control your kin Demitri."

"My kin are none of your concern Mason; it is the safety of yours you should be more concerned with." The wolf stopped laughing and snarled at him.

"You are in no position to threaten us Demitri,” the blond man finally spoke, his voice dangerously calm. Lindsey smirked, her dirty blonde hair dancing around her face as Esmeralda’s lips drew back over her teeth.

“Are you sure about that Zachery?” Demitri’s voice was cocky but deadly. “We had an agreement: no new fey unless approved by both sides and you are currently in violation of that agreement.” A grin stretched across his blindingly white teeth, flashing his incisors for all to see. “And the punishment, as you agreed on, is banishment.” Howls of anger erupted from the wolves while cheered in agreement; only Mason and Demitri remained silent.

“Since you are so keen to follow the rules Demitri, you must remember the utmost important rule we created upon settling in New York.” Demitri said nothing but glared in response. “Keeping our identities secret from the mundane.”

Demitri’s eyes widened in shock. “What have you done Mason?” he demanded.

“My pack and I were hunting in the forest up north and were unfortunate enough to encounter a few loners roaming the area. We warned them not to come to the city for the land had been claimed and though they agreed to stay away, before leaving they left us a present. Luke had run out from his house with a gun when he heard wolf howls and was attacked. The rouges decided instead of killing the poor boy to let him become one of us, forcing my pack to adopt another member.”

“How convenient,” Ryan spat.

“You calling us liars?” Zachery snarled.

“Quiet,” Mason commanded. “Lindsey and I have decided to take Luke in as our son to guide him in our ways and manners of living with mundane.” Both sides seemed to rock forward on the edges of their toes as they waited for Demitri to either accept Mason’s story or launch an attack against the wolves.

“Mason,” the vampire’s voice carried over the tension as he spoke to the pack leader. “I will accept your story for now but regardless of your reasons, you know our arrangement: all new wolves and vampires must be presented to the opposing pack or coven. The wolf must been shown to us or we will be forced to take action.”

Mason stood statue still, a stern expression frozen on his face, for a few moments as he thought. “The night before the Starlight Ball, here at midnight he will be presented to you but you may not bring your entire coven-” quiet snarls broke the silence. “-and I will not bring my whole pack.” This time growls erupted from the wolves only to be silenced with another wave of Mason’s hand. “Groups of this size draw unwanted attention to ourselves and we do not want the mundane to be suspicious.”

“No,” Demitri agreed. “No we do not.” He paused for a moment, lost in thought. “I agree to your terms,” he said finally. “I will be bringing my wife, daughter and son with me two nights from now.”

“And I will bring my mate and Zachery with me,” Mason said, nodding. “As well as Luke.”

Demitri nodded in response. “As well as Luke.” The vampire was the first to turn away from the courtyard, leading his coven home while Mason and his kin Changed and raced home. None seemed to notice the few vampires and wolves still left in the clearing.

“So,” Zachery’s voice teased. “Ready for a rematch Ryan?”

“Depends Zack,” Ryan countered. “Ready to get your ass beaten?” Zack snarled before changing and jumping at the smirking vampire.Ryan flashed his fangs in a venomous hiss before the wolves’ large paws made contact with his chest; the impact would have knocked the wind out of Ryan had he had any wind left in him.

Face it vampire, Zach mocked Ryan. I’ve been fighting longer than you have been dead.

“I’ve been alive centuries longer than you have,” Ryan hissed.

Maybe but I didn’t spend those centuries hiding like a scared little boy.

“I’m going to shut you up once and for all you disgusting mutt!” Ryan spat. Ryan leaned forward and bit down on Zach’s shoulder. The wolf howled in pain and jumped off of the dark haired vampire. Zach was soon accompanied by three more wolves of different shades of brown, all snaring at Ryan.

“Already limping I see Zachery,” a sandy blond haired vampire teased, standing by Ryan. Ryan and his three friends laughed at the dogs while the wolves growled and barked at them.

This will be over very quickly Alan, a dark brown wolf snapped.

Suddenly, all the six of the fey standing in the courtyard turned at the sound of approaching feet. The four wolves quickly Changed and began talking amongst themselves.

“Hey!” two officers walking into the courtyard. “What are you kids doing out here so late?”

“Nothing officer,” a red head vampire said, his eyes big with innocence. “Just having a little fun that’s all.”

The officers’ eyes narrowed at the vampire’s obvious lie. “Not too much fun I hope.”

“Of course not,” a caramel brown haired wolf said. His smile was genuine but all the fey hoped the dark light hid his lying eyes. The officers hesitated before saying finally, “Get home. It’s too late for you to be out here.”

“Of course officers,” Ryan said smiling. The female officer blushed before turning swiftly away. Once they were out of ear shot, Ryan slowly twisted his head toward Zach, a devious smile spreading across his lips. “This isn’t over mutts. We will have a rematch.”

“Count on it,” Zach challenged.

After a moment’s hesitation, all the fey cleared from the courtyard, the mist once no longer able to bite at their feet. The starless night marked the beginning of a new era; an era of powerful alliances and endless love. The crescent moon shined light on the bitterness of enemies, melting the hatred and giving way to passion. Thus begins the love of a werewolf and a vampire.

[img]http://**********.com/img/1230967952.png[/img]

Enthusiast

Re: Children of the Night and Moon

lol, i was writing i story about wolves and vamps, you beat me there.

It was pretty good, needs a bit more description, but it was good
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytan
    D:
    you got to joint with chain?
    lucky.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268074266.gif[/img]
    jOiN tHe sAw c0lLab! ^^

You're totally right...I was doing it during my study hall so I would have written more but I ran out of time. Also, all the names of the characters are on my computer at home and I couldn't remember them so I had to keep saying "the blond vampire" >< I'll edit it soon.

Enthusiast

Are you planning on finishing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tytan
    D:
    you got to joint with chain?
    lucky.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268074266.gif[/img]
    jOiN tHe sAw c0lLab! ^^

*nods* i've been uber busy with school but i'll do my best to finish a lot of it

Devoted Veteran

Sometimes I wonder what you're hiding in that head of yours. This is the perfect prologue, just a little repetitive, though.

Get on MSN, and we'll get started again on the rest of it.

dude, there's nothing up here but rocks *taps head*

sounds like a plan