Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a competition

a competition

[center:i860avya]I don't really like how inactive this forum is, so I've decided to make a contest.

Contest: Write the most clever comedic short-story
    Rules: > At least 500 words
    > No more than 2000 words
    > NO FUCKING PLAGIARISM (If you're caught plagiarizing, you'll be warned, and disqualified and probably abused)
    > When submitting your entry, post it here with the spoiler tag

Deadline: June 20th, 2010
    Prizes: 1st place - V.I.P. and My Files; 2nd place - My Files; 3rd place - V.I.P.

I'll judge the entrees, and perhaps one other staff member. I'll get back to you guys (and Kara) on that.[/center:i860avya]
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Re: a competition

Do we just submit them here or do we pm them to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Abadax
    Do we just submit them here or do we pm them to you?
    I've added the answer to this question to the rules.

Devoted Veteran

I'll definitely try to get something in for this. Probably edit this post.

I'm in! I will edit this post
    Great idea too!

I'm on it~
    Like a sheep I'll probably edit this post.

(And thanks for the mention Henry. <3)
    [center:3nsymvr2]
    Writing|Animations|Tumblr[/center:3nsymvr2]

when does this competition end?
    [center:3p228ugp][/center:3p228ugp]

[center:3p228ugp]Click the dragon thingie.[/center:3p228ugp]

Quote Originally Posted by Shocknave
    when does this competition end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    Deadline: June 20th, 2010
    I didn't post the rules or that description for shits and giggles. Just fucking read man.

sorry, didn't see that.......
    [center:3p228ugp][/center:3p228ugp]

[center:3p228ugp]Click the dragon thingie.[/center:3p228ugp]

I'm in. Don't expect much from me though, as I don't write stories often.

[edit]: I'm done.

[spoiler:ar0gq9ey]Once upon a time on a cloudy night in England, Pip found himself walking home from school, beat up. Pip behaves badly in society and always ends up being abused by bullies. Pip had enough, he felt that it was time to do something. When suddenly, something rustled in the bushes beside him. He whipped his head round to find a little frog by the name of Joe. "Hi there little frog", said the boy. "aye yo whuddup" said the frog. "You.. you can talk?!". Pip has encountered a talking frog. "Whys, I can." says the frog. "So I heard you&#39;re a social outcast" the frog says, jumping onto Pip&#39;s shoulder. "Yeah, what&#39;s it to you? Pip says as he grabs Joe and puts him on the ground. Blood still spills abusively from his nose as he speaks. "I can teach you how to fight back" Joe says. He quickly notices his phone was vibrating and upon seeing the caller&#39;s ID, he turns off his phone, only to realize that Jesus is calling him. Pip reaches down into his pocket and opens is phone, stunned. Jesus says: "Don&#39;t listen to the frog, my boy. I know how you feel, but you don&#39;t have to do it" Jesus says. Sadly, his wise words never reached justice...

Frog wore a phil collins cap. Joe taught Pip to fight well. He strengthened him, mentally and physically. Pip was ready, he knew what had to be done. Mustering up courage, he finally masters the frog&#39;s ability, and manages to impersonate a dragon. As Pip walks out the door, a vague scent fills the air, and shadows outside shift slightly. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a kamikaze appears standing on the ground with his AK-47 aimed at the helpless little frog. Bullets fly by, striking Joe down. With the frog&#39;s last breaths, the frog whispers to Pip. "See you on the other side". Revenge over-powered Pip filling him with dark aura. Pip proceeds to impersonate a dragon which scares the living fuck out of the kamikaze, buying Pip time to kill him. Pip swings his arm and smashes the kamikaze to bits. After snapping back into reality, Pip escapes the Dojo, only to find himself in a cell. "What now?" Pip says, confused. He started looking for a way out. After many tries, he fails miserably.

The constant screams and shrieks of his fellow inmates and the vile stench of the slowly decaying corpses around him became a somewhat comfort to his ever drifting mind, they were the only things keeping him from drifting into the abyss. The young boy began to sob heartfully. Fortunately, the magical tears restored life back to Joe, the frog. Things were not as they seems for Pip. He knew something magnificent was in the making. Something beautiful. Hours passed, only when it seemed as if all hope was
    lost, Joe came bursting through the wall of the cell. As the shattered fragments of brick and cement and the cloud of dust caused by the spontaneous explosion finally came to rest, a deep, masculine voice emerged from the mouth of the frog: "POLKA PARTY!" The frog then proceeded in to kicking Pip&#39;s ass.

The end.[/spoiler:ar0gq9ey]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast