Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Predator's Graphic Novel: Abomination

Yes, I'm starting a new graphic novel entitled Abomination. I've gotten back my anime drawing skill and decided to start a new story. Like it or not, I'm going to write (and draw) this story. So here you go!

Abomination - Volume 1

[tn=500:d524wxs5]http://filebox.me/files/38ga3ecra_Abomination_Vol_1.jpg[/tn:d524wxs5]

First two pages.
    [spoiler:d524wxs5][tn=500:d524wxs5]http://filebox.me/files/34uj01qa7_Abomination_Vol_1_Page_1.jpg[/tn:d524wxs5]
    [tn=500:d524wxs5]http://filebox.me/files/j6nmbj8di_Abomination_Vol_1_Page_2.jpg[/tn:d524wxs5][/spoiler:d524wxs5]

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Re: Predator's Graphic Novel: Abominatiol

I'm going to post some updates and such here.

June 26/10:
    Dang it! Lost my mecanical pencil. I need to find that pencil before I do anything. D:
    But I did start working on the comic again now that I have a lot of free time at hand.

June 17/10:
    Alright, I'm on page 5 right now. Don't expect me to update often because these comics will take quite a while to write and draw (especially draw). I know the first two pages don't seem much, but it's to give you a bit of a taste on how the drawing style and such will be like... Actually, I'm not even done the second page. xD. I need to add in something onto page 2, but I'll do that later.

The first pages will indicate the setting of the story.

Spoiler:
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.

Re: Predator's Graphic Novel: Abomination

Looks cool, for an amateurish thing. If you want any help, im good with anime style myself.
    Anonninja -> Zelda -> Kiwi bitch beach -> Hardcore Kid -> Trendy

Quote Originally Posted by Have Heart
    Looks cool, for an amateurish thing. If you want any help, im good with anime style myself.
    Our styles are likely to be different though...

Spoiler:

This should probably go in the artwork section. It's even more active.
    I can't say I like the actual are all that much. It looks very flat and whatnot.
    Good luck with it though.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    This should probably go in the artwork section. It's even more active.
    I can't say I like the actual are all that much. It looks very flat and whatnot.
    Good luck with it though.
    flat and whatnot..? huh?

Spoiler:

He means, on the cover, both people are at a sort of 2D perspective, on the same plane. They are pencil sketches, making 2D things hard to look at the right perspective. take a look at the short example i made for you:
    [attachment=0:11eifuca]example.gif[/attachment:11eifuca]
    I apologize, Im terrible with a mouse, and I do not have my tablet software installed on my laptop.

Basically, you drew what was on the left for both people. Up front, everything forward, nothing to show that its not just a practice drawing of anatomy. You need to do whats on the right, show even the slightest differences like how the arm is in front of the body, by making it bigger, adding shadow, etc. also, To avoid what you are doing, try what the example on the right here, take your original drawing, and change the camera angle. This will add a new perspective to the reader, attracting them more, especially at an interesting angle such as one from the end of the gun barrel.

That's what he ment.
    Anonninja -> Zelda -> Kiwi bitch beach -> Hardcore Kid -> Trendy

Quote Originally Posted by Have Heart
    He means, on the cover, both people are at a sort of 2D perspective, on the same plane. They are pencil sketches, making 2D things hard to look at the right perspective. take a look at the short example i made for you:
    [attachment=0:3vxje01e]example.gif[/attachment:3vxje01e]
    I apologize, Im terrible with a mouse, and I do not have my tablet software installed on my laptop.

Basically, you drew what was on the left for both people. Up front, everything forward, nothing to show that its not just a practice drawing of anatomy. You need to do whats on the right, show even the slightest differences like how the arm is in front of the body, by making it bigger, adding shadow, etc. also, To avoid what you are doing, try what the example on the right here, take your original drawing, and change the camera angle. This will add a new perspective to the reader, attracting them more, especially at an interesting angle such as one from the end of the gun barrel.

That's what he ment.
    Alright thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Spoiler:

looks really kewl cant wait to see it.
    [center:cszgpxc4]Courtesy?[/center:cszgpxc4]

[center:cszgpxc4]YOUTUBE[/center:cszgpxc4]

Enthusiast

work on your proportions, even anime hands need to be the same size.
    [center:3os0a0g2]KATY PERRY DRESSES LIKE A FREAKING CLOWN. [/center:3os0a0g2]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast