Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Atrum Procerus UPDATE/Chapter 2 finished.

A t r u m P r o c e r u s dM
    B O O K ; O N E
    -DIRGE OF THE DEMONS

CHAPTER 1; PROLOGUE;
    REDEEMING RETALIATION

Fear came strong in this world, the metallic whine of the sinuous wolf-creatures
    lurking outside the age-faded barn was deafening.
    I slapped a hand down to my thigh, the gun was still there, the smoothness of
    the sandalwood grip caressing my hand, I gave the barn door and forward kick,
    of it came from its rusty hinges, with a grinding shriek it fell to the
    grass below, taking a step out into the night, the fire burned grass crunched
    under my boots, "Nutritor quod trucido quod iuguolo Gunslinger!" the wolf-thing
    screeched at me, pointed ears folding back, crouching on its haunches, and baring its
    massive yellow colored teeth at me, I bore my guns and let lead fly, because this was
    the final creature of this dying world what they called "Vitaoccupo"...
    Life Seizer

STANZA 1
    TOOTH AND TALON

Pumping my full cylinder at the animal, each shot hitting its target, with no apparent effect, I ran through the field with the ‘Occupo hot on my heels, “Exigo, exigo!” it screeched as I leapt over a low cut bush. The creature bounded and flew head-first towards me, teeth bared, I crouched, feeling the brush of the hair as it landed behind me, regaining my ground the wolf began to run again. Reloading the gun and running was not as easy feet “I’ll make a note to teach that in the Academy” I said to myself and chuckled while skewing through a fire riddled windbush, singeing my hair and beard.
    The animal took a short detour around the burning bush, also detouring a fiery tree – FIRE; the animal was scared of fire!
    Stopping my run and ripping off a sleeve of my shirt, I threw it over a branch from a tree, lifting my gun and firing at the midsection, I ripped it off as a makeshift torch. To my pleasure the creature chasing halted immediately, sliding to a stop at my feet, whimpering. I raised my gun, raised the hammer, the beast below me cowered backwards.
    I dropped the gun to my holster again and the ‘Occupo started in surprise, “Get out of here.” I said, “M - Meus vinco..?” It whimpered, and bounded away back to its mountain layer. Throwing away the makeshift torch, I trotted back to the worn gravel path at the front of the barn, continuing my journey south.

STANZA II
    TREK AND TROUBLE

Travelling what seemed countless hours, I reached a hollowed out space in the ground on which I stood, no marks of excavation or were the dirt from this was put could be found, the only sound aside from the wildlife of the surrounding wilderness was an insect-like chattering sound, coming deep from within the Hollow.
    Easing down from the first ledge and making my way into the cavern, I glimpsed silver mist lurking around the walls, casting a pearlescent glow on the moss covered boulders at the first turn. Shortly after a walk through the underground system I came to an oddity; a door.
    The door, made out of ash and beautifully panelled, was standing directly in front of the far wall, without a wall to be cast into, on closer inspection, delicate carvings were on the inlay of the door panels, the first reading:
    “THE CRIMSON KING IN HIS PALACE OF STONE PERCHED UPON HIS THRONE OF BONE”
    The next panel read:
    “SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES”
    And the final, and the biggest:
    “THE WIZARDS RAINBOW HOLDS THE PAST, PRESENT AND TO COME, NOT ALL ARE CHOSEN ONLY SOME, BRING IT HOME FOR US TO DRINK BEFORE THE MASTER OF THE CRIMSON KING AWAKES.”
    Noting this down for later in my handbook, I walked to the door, this was where I needed to be, lifting my hand closer to the crystal knob, the runes encircling it seemingly pulling my hand closer and closer until they touched, I grasped and turned, the door slid open and I emerged.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ii KEYSTONE EARTH PART I
    BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS . . .

STANZA I
    MEETING AND MISSION

I emerged into the middle of a bustling city, New York. I was accustomed to this entry, as I have come to and from this access point many a time, I stepped through the crowd, well earning a couple of “Hey watch it” s and “Fuck you” s on the way by pushing and shoving a few bystanders, manners though easy to get, are not exactly used, so I respond in kind, Once I stepped out into the open I saw my target, a huge, looming building, painted jet black and adorned with the Tet corporation’s insignia, the Rose and the Guns, training ground of the modern-day Gunslingers, and central hub of Keystone Earth, gateway to the 8 beams and all the worlds they cross, this is the Tower’s ‘train station’ where you are able to go through one of the doors and come out at a destination, my destination... was to Discordia-Noctem, the vast, dead underworld of the Crimson King and his minions domain, any who trespass shall surely be killed, this is the sole reason my Ka-Tet’s mission is labelled Suicide and to be clear I, Raymond Deschain, shall be the first to be breech the walls of Castle Noctem and bring down the Crimson King, after his dreadful rise to re-power(after being destroyed, though not fully obviously) by Roland Deschain, my grandfather and the last Gunslinger of the barony of Gilead.
    The first thing I felt while moving through the crowded streets was a foreboding sense of calamity, bearing down on me from places unknown, this was entirely unheard of while passing this world, so I was immediately worried. As I approached the giant pane-glass doors of the Tet building, that sense of Calamity was wiped away, as though some omnipotent being crushed it into a fine powder and blew it away on the wind. The door giant doors opened the instant I came near, the first thing that caught my eye was the Rose, planted in the middle of the sterile white room, in what seemed to be the very tiles them self, closer inspection shows that although minute the tiles are just about covering the dirt it grows from which is constantly replenished and fed by an over bearing water fountain, coming from a giant ceramic turtle’s (Maturin, god of the beam and keeper of the Earth-world) mouth and into the dirt modestly. Walking to the entrance desk I was approached by a young secretary in a black skirt and white blouse, Helen she was called, was the new girl.
    “Good evening, Mr. Deschain, Aryen has been expecting you, please head to the top floor as fast as you can for briefing, Mr. Calmauch and Miss. Foroman is already up there, waiting for you so they can begin.” She said, talking quick, concisely and precisely. “Thankee-Sai, Mrs. Daryon” I said, smiling, she returned the smile and wandered back off to her counter. I made for the elevator behind the rose, pushed the open button and got in.

STANZA II
    IN A HANDFUL OF BLOOD

The elevator doors opened to a spacious, red carpet floored, glass walled room overlooking New York at each angle, In front of a mahogany desk were the three of them, an old grey haired black man, Aryen and my two Ka-mates Sera Foroman, a tall, lean woman, battle worn, yet beautiful, a rare trait to come by in these days. To the right of her in a faded denim jacket and Khaki slacks was Ranger Calmauch, long time partner and longer time friend, with a face that looked as if it was chiselled from granite and a complexion of olives.
    “Nice of you to join us” Aryen spoke, words seeming to thunder across the room, he clicked his fingers and an ash-wood door erupted from light, hovering above the ground, casting no shadow. “This is where we depart, my friends, you are on your own from now on, the only things you have for company are your Ka-mates and Irons, good luck.” He said in a deep, African under toned voice, the door opened, revealing a broken, desolate landscape, a huge coin of ice hung in the sky and irradiated light across the barren hills, showing dust storms, electric skylines and hurricanes of fire, beside the door a creature slinked past, sinuous with pale olive colored skin, streaked with grey blots and without eyes or a visible nose, it bared it’s maw in a warning growl, the air in the room suddenly went ice cold, despite the heat outside which was a steady 90 degrees.
    I blacked out. We all blacked out.
    “I will show you fear in a handful of dust.” Screeched
    My vision was hazy all I could see was a

“In my beginning is the end” t mu ter d

The world came back into contrast, the door was still there and the room was settling down to its normal temperature, but the creature wasn’t there.
    “LOOK!” Sera screamed pointing at the far right corner of the wall, Ranger had already gained footing and iron sights on the beast, checking his weapon, and he blasted it with a snub-nosed shotgun. The projectile had no effect on it, as the pellets ricocheted off its skin. In truth? He just pissed it off even more. It leapt off the wall in a death- charge, meaning to kill whatever it struck, It bounded through the table and crushed Aryan’s arm, he screamed out in pain and lashed at it with his free arm, I meanwhile was scrambling to pick up Sera after a stray piece of debris from the table exploding knocked her sprawling onto the floor again.

STANZA III
    PROPHECY I
    I grabbed the revolver from the holster and fired at the sinuous creature, bullets ripped at its hide but none penetrated. Sera bore a large handgun reminiscent of an over large Desert Eagle with a wooden handle, the recoil of the gun was strong enough to break bones. Ranger was blasting point blank at the moving beast, all our shots hitting the target, yet none doing any apparent damage. All at once the action stopped.
    No, literally, stopped, bullets hovered in the air, so did Sera and Ranger in their respective poses, Ranger in the act of taking recoil from a buckshot, Sera in the art of reloading, only I and the creature remained dynamic. “Tu habere obscurem, Setian. Ego metus in aliquis manusplen ab pulvis. Arcus ad ruber rex regis.” It departed in a flash of vapour and flame which left a deep scald in the floor. Awe struck, I looked around as Sera and Ranger resumed their actions to realise it was gone, they both turned to me and said; “Where the hell did it go?” “It left, it told me something, and it left.” I replied, voice breaking with fear. “What’d it say” Ranger said. “It was in a language I couldn’t understand, something ancient, by the dialect” I replied, picking the gun off the floor and sliding it into its holster. I picked the desktop phone off the ground it was spluttering out a Spanish ringtone. I pressed the answer button. The secretary spoke to me in a rushed, worried tone “Deschain, what in the name of fuck is going on up there?” Send up a medic quickly, Aryen’s been wounded” I replied “By what – “The assistant tried to say before I hung up.
    “Ranger, Sera, we go through now.” I said to them both of them staring right at me, In a shocked gaze. “What?” I said. “Y-your face...” Sera said to me, laying a hand on her cheek. I groped my face, it felt hotter than usual, I picked up a shard of the mirror which was lying on the table and looked at myself with it.
    A single rose petal was printed on my face, like a tattoo crafted into me at birth, stretched perfectly across my cheek, it seemed to glow with untapped power.
    “What the hell” I spoke to no one in particular. “Never mind this, we’re leaving.” Both Ranger and Sera nodded their heads, and we moved towards the ash door in the middle of the room. I put my hand on the crystal knob, and twisted.

CHAPTER iii DISCORDIAN LAMENT
    WELCOME HOME, SETIAN

Re: Atrum Procerus UPDATE/

Updayte

Re: Atrum Procerus UPDATE/

Very good. I like the way you wrote it, the story itself could be a bit more original or let's say 'different' but it was it's entertaining story.

I'm awaiting the next part.
    [center:1vms8s0o]...which is why Jimi hendrix is God, period.[/center:1vms8s0o]

Re: Atrum Procerus UPDATE/Chapter 2 finished.

Another Update.