Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: To Be Named

Devoted Veteran

To Be Named

Something clicked in my head at the sound of those words.. "We're going to Mississippi this weekend. Can you stay at the house?" Great, I thought. Another weekend alone in the middle of nowhere.. but there was still that slight spark of excitement deep down. It may have been a natural response; I hadn't had the house to myself for an entire weekend in a long time.

On Friday, school went normally. At least by my standards of what normal is. It was spent quietly sitting in classes, bored almost completely to death. I would occasionally remind myself that I am a Senior this year, and that I won't have to go through this torture for much longer. I endured a couple more classes until finally, the dismissal bell rang and I followed the rest of the students out into main hall. As I was walking towards the doors that led to the bus stop, my friend Aseana cut me off. "Hey Dustin, want a ride home today?" I stopped for a second. "Sure," I said, as I started scratching at the back of my head. "C'mon," she said. I followed her lead until we got to her car in the parking lot. I threw my bag in the back seat, then sat down in the front. I was putting on my seatbelt, when her hand came into my vision. Aseana had her arm stretched out towards me, and in her hand was a joint. "Cory must have left this in here.. Do you want it?" I looked at her with a sly smile. "Did you really need to ask?" As we exited the school parking lot, I lit the weed and took a big hit.

I live pretty far away from my school, so the ride took a while..or at least it seemed to. I sat in the passenger seat gazing out of the window, watching the passing scenery blend into itself as we passed by. Various houses, buildings, and sparsely growing patches of trees blurred past my eyes as I continuously stared. "I hate not having a radio in this thing."
    I turned my head towards the direction of her voice. I hadn't even noticed the lack of music until she said something, which was odd because I usually have some type of music blaring in my ear.

I'm adding a little at a time, so keep checking in.

Devoted Veteran

Re: To Be Named

Added a bit more.