Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Enthusiast Killa Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    fawlty towers
    Posts
    1,058

    The cricket (a poem)

    Yes, its poetry.






    Where are you?
    Did you leave?
    Are you dead?

    I miss you already, only knowing of your absence for mere minutes.
    Your song slowly fading, i fear it will leave me entirely.

    I went blind for you, you repaid me with sour notifications.
    A song so beautiful yet so dead, i live without you now.

    You told me when night began, and day would end.
    repetitive, rooster like, and oh so foul.

    Yet i cannot, shall not, live without it.
    It is and always will be a part of me.

    Where are you?
    Did you leave?
    Are you dead?

    I miss you still, though years have past.
    replacements are stagnantly vile, and fluid as venom.

    Let the birds chirp and the frogs croak.
    i only want my cricket by me side, singing its idle, slowly fast, and perpetual song.

    The others hate me for my lack of love affairs.
    but i love you to much to hate them back.

    I am beginning to hate what you and I've become.
    though you left, you are more apart of me than your own.

    Where are you?
    Did you leave?
    Are you dead?

    its been decades now, yet your song still rings.
    I've heard what really happened, but now its to late.

    You were my only cage, bars made of wing and leg.
    scratch your back to sooth me sadness.

    I know why you are gone, and i can only say I'm destroyed.
    Why you ran? Why you died? Why you still haunt me with your love.

    My hate for myself replaced with hate for you.
    i enjoy nothing but your song, and now i am alone.

    Where are you?
    I don't know.

    Did you leave?
    I don't care.

    Are you dead?
    I don't want to talk about it.
    [center:2mqnphuv][/center:2mqnphuv]

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16

    Re: The cricket (a poem)

    You know, we all go through this phase. Quite often for some, less for others, but emotionally painful nonetheless. I can relate to this poem. Every writer is different, this isn't my most favorite, but hell, that's my problem. Your vocabulary is genius. I just really enjoy watching these emotions flow through, as if it was yesterday when I missed a girl and who she used to be. There are just some people you just can't forget.

    Good job nonetheless.
    De rervm natvra,
    Decrevi dei gratia, arduum sane munus anno mundi.
    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est.

  3. #3
    Enthusiast Killa Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    fawlty towers
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: The cricket (a poem)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec
    You know, we all go through this phase. Quite often for some, less for others, but emotionally painful nonetheless. I can relate to this poem. Every writer is different, this isn't my most favorite, but hell, that's my problem. Your vocabulary is genius. I just really enjoy watching these emotions flow through, as if it was yesterday when I missed a girl and who she used to be. There are just some people you just can't forget.

    Good job nonetheless.
    Thank you,

    although this was written without original intent of metaphor, i was watching TV and for the last couple days there was a cricket in the bookcase behind the sofa, however today it wasn't there and i was actually sad.thus "The cricket"
    [center:2mqnphuv][/center:2mqnphuv]

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16

    Re: The cricket (a poem)

    Ah, it sounded like you were talking about someone you cared for. My mistake.

    You must have had such fond affection for that cricket.
    De rervm natvra,
    Decrevi dei gratia, arduum sane munus anno mundi.
    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est.

  5. #5
    Enthusiast Killa Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    fawlty towers
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: The cricket (a poem)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alec
    Ah, it sounded like you were talking about someone you cared for. My mistake.

    You must have had such fond affection for that cricket.
    No, no, no. i said there was no "original" intent.. this was not about a cricket after the first few seconds of writing.
    [center:2mqnphuv][/center:2mqnphuv]

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16

    Re: The cricket (a poem)

    Quote Originally Posted by Killa Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec
    Ah, it sounded like you were talking about someone you cared for. My mistake.

    You must have had such fond affection for that cricket.
    No, no, no. i said there was no "original" intent.. this was not about a cricket after the first few seconds of writing.
    Sorry, skimmed what you wrote.

    If it had been a cricket, that would have been hilarious.

    I'll stop spamming you now.

    Great poem, though.
    De rervm natvra,
    Decrevi dei gratia, arduum sane munus anno mundi.
    Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est.

  7. #7
    Devoted Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,069

    Re: The cricket (a poem)

    I really really like this poem; how it was written, as well as the inspiration behind it. It's impressive that you took something as simple and (usually) annoying as a cricket's song and turned it into this. Nice work.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •