Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

The Bronze Dragon

This story is based on a Percy Jackson and the Olympians tale from The Demigod Files.

The Bronze Dragon
    Swords clanged against shields and arrows whistled through the woods as Capture the Flag raged. I was sprinting through friendly territory toward the boundary line. An arrow from one of the Apollo campers impaled itself in my shield, but I barely noticed. I flew over the creek, which was also the boundary line. The creek was too wide to jump, so I had to put one foot in as I ran. I instantly felt newborn energy inside me. See, I'm a son of Poseidon, so water heals and energizes me. I raced into enemy territory, and the brush in front of me exploded. I mean, literally exploded in a burst of greens and yellows. Greek fire. One of the most powerful magical weapons ever created. I silently cursed the Hephaestus campers, since they were the only ones who had access to Greek fire. I ran through the burning underbrush deeper into enemy territory. Suddenly, the ground beneath me was unstable. It collapsed, right beneath my feet. My sword and shield flew out of my hand. I fell at least twenty feet down, and hit he bottom with a THUMP! I pulled myself off the ground with a groan, and sat there, my chest burning with pain. My sword clanged as it hit the ground. Wait a second, clanged? It hit dirt, it shouldn't have made a clang. There must have been something right under the surface that was metal. I stumbled over, and tripped over something protruding from the ground. I looked at where I tripped. There wasn't anything there. Then something just below the surface began to glow red. I looked at it for a couple of seconds, confused. Then my eyes widened. I realized what was happening. I grabbed my sword and scrambled out of the pit as fast as I could. The second I started running away, the pit exploded in the biggest explosion you could imagine. There was a deafening roar, and a wave of flame crashed through the forest behind me. I was running as fast as I could now. Then a huge shadow loomed over me. I looked up, and was almost blinded by the glare of the sun off it. All I could see was it's size, and I was almost paralyzed by how big the thing was. Bigger than any city building by far. This can't be happening, I thought. The Bronze Dragon was only a camp legend. It can't be... It ran into a tree. Ironically, the thing wasn't very bright. It stumbled, and I sped ahead with the last bit of strength I had, and burst out of the woods. Capture the Flag was over, and the campers were waiting in the commons area until it was time to go to their next activity. They saw me come out of the woods, and looked confused. Then they heard the earth shaking roar, and their faces paled. They ran to help me up. A group gathered around me. One of the campers came up to me. "Was that..." His voice faltered. I caught my breath and said, "Yes" I said. "The Bronze Dragon" Nervous murmurs spread through the crowd, but most of the campers just gasped. "It's real." I said. "And It's angry."

To be continued...
    [center:7ngh1uoj][/center:7ngh1uoj]

Re: The Bronze Dragon

Nice, did you write that yourself? Or just copy it off the percy jackson book?
    One day, I hope to become a moderator on darkdemon.

The Assassin's Creed Series Is Amazing, Check My Thread On It here.

Quote Originally Posted by theBox
    Nice, did you write that yourself? Or just copy it off the percy jackson book?
    I wrote it myself, but same characters and basic settings.
    [center:7ngh1uoj][/center:7ngh1uoj]

Wow, cool. Are you going to be writing more? I know it says to be continued but some people discontinue.
    One day, I hope to become a moderator on darkdemon.

The Assassin's Creed Series Is Amazing, Check My Thread On It here.

Fantastic! You told me about this during lunch today.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website