Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pencil Warfare

Pencil Warfare

This is something I cooked up. Enjoy.
    Pencil warfare
    Night fell on the dark fields. My men patrolled the area. Then came screams of pain. "Steve is invading" They cried. I pulled out a pencil, and a blue blade sprung from it. Now, these pencils are rare. There are only 6 pencils, and each are different colors. Blue, green, red, gray, white and black pencils. And I know where all were. I was nicknamed the Darkwu. My second in command, Jim Buckley pulled out a green one. And my main ally Jack Nighan pulled out a red one. In the distance, a city rose. It was called Catalaunia. The fields were under attack. "Fight!" I yelled. I then winced. So did Jim and Jack. Marichuk had come. Farther down, in front of the gates of Catalaunia, a lone man walked. His name was Ben Clemmens. A sudden torrent of fire appeared. Out of it walked Steve's number one. His name was Matt Marichuk. He pulled out a gray pencil. He stabbed Ben. I ran with Jim and attacked Marichuk. I stuck my pencil in him, but the gray one made him invincible. Cheater. But he ran, and cursed me. I then looked at Ben. We had lost the fields above, Jack was retreating. The remains of my troops entered Catalaunia. I treated Ben, then looked at the distance. There were the Catalaunian fields, the Tiberian River, and far away, was Galadia, where Jack lived. But moving down the Catalaunian fields was a dark mass. The enemy army had come to besiege Catalaunia. The end of the world had begun.
    Volume two. The siege of Catalaunia
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]"Run!" I yelled desperately. Ever since the siege started, I had not seen Ben, and James Buckley had died. Now, my number one was a guy named Michael. I'll have to say, I appreciate him more than Jim. I crossed the Raurian bridge in the city and came out where the enemy soldiers called Lendilians were attacking. I drew the blue pencil, and attacked. I was so pissed with Steve, that I was practically untouchable. Hack, stab, slice, kill. It faded into a blur.After about seventy seconds it was over. And that was when Steve brought a surprise. Out of the sky flew hundreds of beasts with men riding them. These creatures had leathery wings, putrid breath, teeth, claws, and were laden with weapons. One flew down and grabbed me. I slashed it's toe, and climbed on top. Waiting there for me was a lendilian elite soldier. We flew over the city clanging swords but could not defeat one another. Then, we flew low, and were nearly killed by a catapult. The lendilian looked down, distracted and I knocked him off.
    "Fuck that, bitch." I muttered. I jumped off and saw a section of the wall taken over by lendilians. I hopped down and attacked. They were using city catapults as execution devices. They would strap someone on, then release the catapult ripping the person apart. And strapped to the farthest one was Ben. I attacked, and as the lendilian rose his axe to cut the string and release the catapult, I rammed into him, knocked him out, freed Ben, and strapped the lendilian on. Then I released the catapult. The city was ruled by a guy named General Lee. Legend has it that he was related to general Robert E. Lee. No one, except for high ranking officers ever saw him. Ben often cursed him for not showing up. Anyways, back to the battle. One elite landed in front of us. "Give me the city, or you will die." He rasped. "How original." I muttered. I reached towards Ben's back pocket. "Now!" The elite hissed. I whipped my hand out of Ben's pocket with an uzi and fired. Bye bye elite. I felt a disturbance, and Ben hissed. Michael ran towards us with a green pencil and spoke my fears. Marichuk was on the Raurian Bridge. To be continued with even more intensity.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume 3 Stalker
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]Volume 3: Stalker From viewpoint of Michael
    I raced along the borders of one of Marichuk's recon camps. I climbed onto a steel girder hanging above the entrance to the camp. I looked down, and realized there was one lone guard protecting the entrance. And his back was to me. I smirked. Piece of cake. I jumped down and landed soundlessly behind him. With the speed of a cheetah, I grabbed his head, yanked it back, and slit his throat. He was dead before he hit the ground. I policed the weapons and body, and continued into the camp as night fell.
    I silently crept around the makeshift buildings, melting into the shadows whenever guards passed. I made my way to the central building and eavesdropped.

"-Won't leave me alone. They're everywhere."
    "I'm aware of that, Corporal. Same here. But we have to pull through. Marichuk's plan could win this war for us."
    "Yes Major. But please, let me get rid of them for you. I'll have them gone in a jiffy."
    "No. Let it be. Time will pass and we will be victorious."
    "But-"
    "No buts! He'll be here soon. We should get going."
    The Corporal sighed. "Yes sir."

I moved away slowly and stepped on a twig.
    No, no, no. Not now! All conversation in the tent stopped. I heard a click, and hit the dirt running. Not a moment too soon. Three steps away and the ground where I was just standing became swiss-cheesed with bullet holes.
    "Kill him!" I heard a deep voice voice bellow. I sprinted toward the gate. A new guard had been placed there. I quickly flipped on my gold pencil and shis-ka-bobbed him. I ran away, my legs screaming, until the sounds of yelling and gunfire faded away into the night.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume four The battle of the Raurian Bridge
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]Back to the viewpoint of Darkwu
    "Wu!" I heard Michael yell. "They're coming!"
    "Fuck." I muttered. "What happened?" I asked. "They found me. They are coming. Marichuk is on the bridge!". Luckily or unluckily, the bridge was close. When we arrived, there were ten elites, and Marichuk. "Give me your pencil." he hissed. "Over Michael's dead body!" I spat back. "Hey!" he yelled. "I will kill you before you know it Lee!". Ben had just run in and stared. "What?" he gasped (he was always kinda slow).

Michael and I went for Marichuk. Ben attacked the guards. I hacked and slashed but he was too strong. And invincible. Michael had a personal grudge against Marichuk. We gave him tons of critical hits, but as I mentioned, being invincible would give you an edge.

I knew all the fighting would eventually destroy the bridge. I hoped I wouldn't go with it. Preferably not Michael either. Ben, meh he could die. But I still fought. One of Marichuk's men lobbed a hand grenade. I shoved Michael and Ben off the bridge. Then the explosion came.Still fighting, Marichuk and I descended into Darkness. I died. He didn't. Ben stared. A blue pencil flew out of the depths into his hand.

In a far off island, on a sea of sand, I awoke. A skeleton extended his bony hand to me. I took it and stood up. I then realized I was a skeleton. I had found hell.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume five Hell
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]Told from the viewpoint of both Lee and Michael
    Lee. Blinding light. I stumbled through hell, with James Buckley to escape. Finally, we had created a ship that would free us. I hoped it worked.

Michael. At Catalaunia, the siege was going badly. Lee was dead, Marichuk was still alive with a plan to win the war. They would use mercenaries from all around the world. The lendillians would be unstoppable. And the plan was flawless. In Galadia, Jack mustered all troops, a stunning 327,982,980,391 men. And Steve's army still outnumbered them.

Lee. James and I boarded the vessel. I calculated a massive amount of energy to return us to life. I set off an explosion and was hurled into the living world. I was alive.

Michael. I cut down a scout with my gold pencil. I then led men to charge at an enemy platoon. I was everwhere, my pencil a golden arch of destruction. The platoon was no more.

Lee. Alive, a lendilian elite charged at me. There was a flash of white and he died. "Jack needs our help." James told me. I grinned. "Lets go get an army."

Michael. I heard gunfire, and ducked. Screams echoed through the night. I corrected myself. It wasn't night. The darkness had come. There had been no dawn. Hopelessly outnumbered, my men continued to fight.

Lee. We had reached Galadia. We began the ride to Catalaunia with the Galadian army.

Michael. I whipped out a revolver and loaded an elite with lead. I tossed away and looked over the wall. Raakonian mercenaries had finally arrived in tanks. I was so distracted I didn't here the faint sound of Galadian war cries.

Lee. We had arrived at Catalaunia. It had been a dawnless day. But we had arrived, and light broke. Marichuk howled with rage. The darkness was breaking too quickly.

Michael. I looked over the walls and gasped. Galadia had come.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume six The Catalaunian Fields
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]My chest swelled with pride. The siege would finally end. "Attack!" And so the armies met upon the Catalaunian Fields. I gripped a white pencil, which had been lost for centuries, and it morphed into a handgun. I guess I forgot to mention that pencils can take the form of whatever the user wishes. The walls of Catalaunia exploded. Michael and the Catalaunian army poured onto the fields.

We were winning. We had initially startled the enemies, but they were adapting. The Galaderi were suffering badly. "I am pissed with these guys." I thought thinking of Marichuk's troops and mercenaries. I blew away a Raakonian and then clubbed a lendilian over the head with the pencil. Marichuk then unleashed the Haradri. I looked up in horror. Tanks descended from the hill.

Artillery blew the first tank away. But the rest kept coming. I let loose a savage cry and attacked one. I grabbed it's main gun and used it as leverage to vault me up. I landed on the tank and climbed in a hatch. There were three Haradri mercenary supersoldiers. I tossed one out, and slaughtered the rest with grim satisfaction. I then left a bomb in the tank. I jumped out and the explosion blew me back, and knocked another tank over. I nearly broke a few bones.

Marichuk descended on a beast with two elites. "You survived." he hissed. "Technically, no I did die." I replied. "No matter, you will truly die now!" he yelled and attacked.

Blood stained the Catalaunian Fields. I fought with all the strength I had. I placed a beautiful stab in his chest with a dagger, but he was impervious to all physical attack. I sometimes really hate immortal enemies. I was truly in a rage. I had hated Marichuk all my life. Only one person hated him more than me, and that was Michael for a personal grudge. I knew my only chance of survival was to run. So I did. Marichuk smiled cruelly. Even if he lost this battle he would still have a garrison at the huge city of Silinare. I blasted an elite, who died on the spot. I then looked down the Tiberian river. Galadian reinforcements had come.

We had the upper hand. BOOM! An artillery blast nearly killed me. I remembered there was still a battle going on. I got to work. Over the next hour, I was a sign of destruction to the lendilians. They tried to run but could not escape. Finally, they fled to Silinare.

The war was almost over. I knew the Lendilian Dominion would soon fall to the Praetorian Resistance. We had almost won.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume seven The Tides Turn
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]Carnage. That was what was left on the Catalaunian fields. Marichuk had fled to Silinare, and my angry men were ready to fight. I skirted the corpse of a lendilian. Horror welled inside me thinking of those I had killed.

"Ready the men for the attack on Silinare." I commanded. "We'll show the Praetorian Resistance can take them." "Aye." Michael said grimly.

The troops saw Silinare and lost most hope. There were no walls, but it was huge. "Olsen, take this bomb to the town center. You have three hours before it explodes." Michael told lieutenant Olsen. "Yes sir!" He said. Pencils in the form of handguns, my men charged at the city.

Marichuk howled with rage. Silinare had once been Praetorian territory, and was gray and many buildings had been reduced to ashes. He would have hated to see them Praetorian again.

I shot like hell and blew lendilians away. Michael was almost smiling at the grim satisfaction. I personally was just as ready to throw up. I saw Olsen running through the rubble with the bomb, and was doing lot of fancy work. I hoped he wasn't wasting his time. Marichuk heard of the plan to destroy the town center and went into open combat.

Olsen jumped and shot, knocking an elite out of a smoldering balcony. Suddenly, he was hit by an artillery blast. He was knocked down, and never got up. Ben noticed the body and took the bomb. Olsen stared at him with gratitude and died.

Ben ran to the town center. There were 3 minutes left on the bomb. He finally made it, and threw himself inside the building. The explosion was impossible to describe. I was 7 miles away and was knocked off my feet. Marichuk was not so lucky. His pencil disintegrated before his eyes. He was mortal.

Michael and I charged at Marichuk. I was intercepted by 12 elites. As I was holding them off, the narration was given to Michael.

I hacked at him and was a superior swordsman but he dodged and evaded my attacks. I tackled him and knocked him into a building. He picked up a sword and attacked. Back to the viewpoint of Lee.

I slew the last elite and saw light blazing from the building. Michael was fighting his hardest and could not defeat him. They smashed out of a window and Marichuk rose his sword to stab Michael. I intercepted his blade and struggled with him. Michael them slipped a dagger through Marichuk's ribs.

For the next three days, Marichuk shrieked in agony. We had taken Silinare. I looked at his body and smiled. He was shuddering and shrieking bloody murder. Then he spazzed and died a painful death.

I took satisfaction for a moment then looked out. So many were dead. Olsen was dead. Ben was dead. Many troops were dead.

Then I looked over the horizon and saw a majestic city. Lendilia.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume eight Life or Death
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]The Praetorian Resistance marched on Lendilia. The city was pure black, with spires rising high. In the center, there was a core. Within the core was Steve, the wielder of the black pencil and the leader of the Lendilian Dominion.

"Fire!" I yelled and artillery shot poured upon the city. We broke the wall and charged inwards. Bright hope filled my mind. I did not know it but the city would take weeks to take. I charged at one of the spires. There was a gravity lift to enter. Two elites stood outside the door. I beheaded one, and shot the other.

I went to the top of the spire and was charged at by three lendilian soldiers wearing dark uniforms. Michael looked up at the spire and saw three soldiers fly out.

I plunged my blade into a console and jumped off the spire. The base of the spire exploded and it toppled into the streets to join the rubble. I landed hardly, but shook off the pain and ran into the fighting. A famous elite named Skorm charged at me. He fell with a shot to the head.

Michael was struggling with an elite when a sniper shot aiming at him missed and killed the elite. He looked up and saw a man disappear on the roof. He lept up in pursuit.

I charged towards an enemy artillery installment. I hacked the barrel off and the gun exploded. I noticed how dark it was. The first day was over.

Michael was still pursuing the man when the flat of a blade hit him and all went dark.

It had been three weeks since Michael had disappeared. Now I marched upon the core to confront my final enemy. I opened the door and stared. The only thing there was Michael bound to the floor.

I freed him and everything in the room faded until I was in a dark room. It had been an image. "It's a trap." I said. We ran to the door and the room exploded blowing us out of the room.

I watched the fake core collapse. We had taken half the city. We had marched upon the core, but a shield separated us from inside. I hacked at the emitters and entered. A man with black hair and a scar on his face greeted me. "Hello Lee." he said. "Hello Steve." I said. He smiled cruelly. "Now you die!" he yelled and swung his sword at my neck.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume nine Pencil of Death
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]Sword on sword. I was desperately fighting an enemy who was so powerful, the gods themselves cowered before him. I choked through dust, but held on as white flashed against black. I could not hold on forever. Fortunately, I didn't have to.

Steve slammed his pencil into the ground, and a pure wave of force blasted me out the windows. It should have killed a normal human. But I stood up. "Lee!" Michael yelled running towards me. "Steve has taken out men on the stairs and is coming for you!" I shook my head. I hated Steve the way Michael hated Marichuk. "Let him come" I said.

Steve charged at us and struck. I'm lucky I stood back because he nearly killed me on that first lunge. I tried to grin but felt a weird sensation on my torso. Then I realized he had grazed one of my ribs. I lunged at him and we played a deadly game of cat and mouse.

While I was attempting to evade Steve, Michael tried to grapple with him. When Steve stumbled back, Michael grabbed onto his neck and tried to strangle Steve. Steve shook Michael off with such intensity that it scared me.

I knew I could not beat Steve. "Fall back!" I yelled. "Fall back to Silinare!". My men started to run towards the nearest city, Silinare. As we started to run, artillery from Lendilia started picking off our troops. A mortar nearly killed me and sent me flying forwards. "Lee!" Michael yelled. "I'm alright!" I yelled back. A sniper shot a guy near me and we kept running.

By the time we had reached Silinare, we had lost half our forces. It had been our first major defeat. I felt a disturbance and saw a massive gunship rise out of Lendilia.

The Scar had high armor, 20 machine guns, 15 rocket bays, small hangars for smaller gunships to land, and a powerful J beam that would incinerate anything it touched. We were doomed. To be continued and concluded in the next Volume.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]
    Volume ten Fate of the pencil
    [spoiler:3vtcmzxo]I stared with dread at the coming gunship. I knew we could not defeat the Scar. It powered up the J beam and fired on the city. I heard a horrible sound. Steve was laughing.

I ran into a burning hanger. The roof was collapsing and I suffered some burns. As soon as I got to the end, I got into a gunship. The hawk had one huge machine gun and 20 rocket bays. It was a prototype for a one man assault ship. I hopped in and powered her up.

Steve was watching at the controls when he slammed his fists onto the dashboard with rage. Lee was going to attack him.

Michael watched the hawk rise. He hoped it would land with the crew intact.

I opened fire on the Scar with the machine gun. Steve returned fire and we began dancing across the sky. I was hopelessly outmatched, but still held on.

By the time we had reached the Catalaunian Fields, I began to get tired. I knew I could not win and live. Steve's face appeared on my dashboard. "Look below." he said. I saw James Buckley running along the ground. "He'll die!" Steve roared. He began to charge up the J beam.

With my final ounce of strength I flew at Steve, guns blazing. Steve did not know what I was doing and shot a missile at me. It hit my left fuel cell. "Warning." I heard the computer say. "Left fuel cell damaged." I continued to fly at Steve.

Then he realized my tactic and yelled desperately "Fire everything!" I saw a cloud of missiles coming at me. Suddenly, something opened fire on them and destroyed them. In the old gunship Condor, Michael continued to destroy the rockets.

He then heard me say over his radio. "Goodbye."

Michael watched with horror as the Hawk collided with the Scar. The ammunition in both vehicles ignited and both vehicles exploded into a huge ball of flame. The wreckage sailed to the ground.

Michael landed and ran over the the remains. He lifted a scorched corpse out with a black rod in its hand. He tossed Steve's corpse aside and found me. He stared at the remains then took the white pencil.

My sacrifice had allowed us to defeat Steve. But the war had not ended. Now, sobered, the Praetorian Resistance would finally end this long conflict. It was almost over. And for me, it was finally over.[/spoiler:3vtcmzxo]

Creditz to Plasmus for writing volume three.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Re: Pelennor Fields (My version)

Uhh, hello? Pelennor Fields has been up for a while and no one has commented?

Well I could post but I'm pretty sure you'd soon be as offended as this post made me. Love, Damon.
    what the hell?

My thread
    My New Website

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

Butchering a legendary work of fiction by summarizing an epic sequence like that in a single paragraph is never a good idea. The summary was extremely flat and boring, you barely used any descriptive words and you didn't appeal to any of the five senses. In all honesty, it was more like a research report than creative writing. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Kodama
    Butchering a legendary work of fiction by summarizing an epic sequence like that in a single paragraph is never a good idea. The summary was extremely flat and boring, you barely used any descriptive words and you didn't appeal to any of the five senses. In all honesty, it was more like a research report than creative writing. Sorry
    Oh. No wonder no one commented.

My thread
    My New Website

Re: Pencil Warfare

It changed. It will get more interesting as I build up.

My thread
    My New Website

You seriously put my mortal enemy in the story and made him invincible!?!? Wtf man!
    [center:7ngh1uoj][/center:7ngh1uoj]

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmus
    You seriously put my mortal enemy in the story and made him invincible!?!? Wtf man!
    He'll die eventually. Don't worry. Oh, and, I'm relatively sure Ben kills him.

My thread
    My New Website

When I started this, it was going to be much different and stupider. Now, it's excellent.

My thread
    My New Website

Why don't we write this together?
    Ooh, ooh! Can I do the next volume?
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze??? ^-^
    [center:7ngh1uoj][/center:7ngh1uoj]

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmus
    Why don't we write this together?
    Ooh, ooh! Can I do the next volume?
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze??? ^-^
    Yeah sure, what the fuck? Oh, and you can't kill Marichuk. I got that planned out.

My thread
    My New Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast