Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Gravity

Gravity

Nothingness. All that was around me, I couldn't even see my hands, never mind the stars. I couldn't feel myself, my hair, my faded jacket, nothing. But one thing lurked near, a dawning feeling, like something was watching me in this perpetual dark, not something like the Bogeyman, something big, no, not just big. Titanic, as if some leviathan was rearing at me, its multi-eyed form piercing my being.
    My name is Michael. Michael Hall, for as long as I remember I've been in the depths of space. I've walked the chasms of Mars with my sister, scaled the craters of the moon and been relentlessly hunted across the Black Edge galaxy, the netherworld were everything that is nothing lurks, those creatures that haunt your dreams.
    In a more apt term. The Tommyknocker man is knocking at my door.

I drifted there, a dull humming in the back my skull, gooseflesh raising itself on my arms, feeling was resurfacing. Light surfaced at a distance, red, it ran across me, detecting me, finding me.
    Knowing me.
    I saw this thing from a warped distance, like looking through the back end of a pair of binoculars. A dozen more domes of red wrapped themselves around the surface, revealing a riveted, skin like texture, the colour of olives, like some kind of fucked-up squid. It opened.
    Remember when I said I was hunted along the Dark Edge? It wasn't for no reason,during the first outing to the stars I remember, I was caught up in an attack by some strange, angry aliens.
    Turns out they were serious about finding me. I felt sensation creeping around me, chills up my spine, a near-bursting pressure behind my eyes, I shut them tight, tears were trapped, no way to escape in this decimating vacuum, my eyes felt swollen, as if air was being pushed into my tear ducts. I opened them, the lights were bigger, the front of the machine, creature, thing was opening, a mouth of around 5 or 6 tendrils revolved around. I closed my eyes.
    Again I opened them, they felt bloodshot, everything I could see, which was really only this monstrosity and a vague hint of my hands was tinted red. Each blink I felt my eyes getting heavier, this last time I closed them, I never opened again. In the same place.
    This started 5 years ago, in 2014, the first time Faster than Light Travel was found on Earth. Coincidently, it was also found on every other planet in the universe, at the exact same time.
    Anyway, during the fifth or sixth outing to Mars, I stowed away in a cargo ship. I left the ship without a helmet, anxiety and excitement were pulling me out the door, I stood in the midst of the Red Planet, helmet-less, breathing without a problem, aside from some vague faraway nausea.
    On Mars at the time, my sister, Miranda was stationed in a research facility, Catalyn, that's the main reason why I chose the Mars expedition as my first travel into the dark, knowing I had someone close to me, someone I knew, my only family.
    As usual, a calamity overtook, a hostile alien race attacked from the chasm, Lace Scar, they ascended from the icy depth, decimated the colony in minutes. My sister and I escaped. No-one else did.
    They have no identity, these prolicidal beasts, known as the Deities in some planets, revered on some, feared on others. Usually hailed as a bed-time tale to coax the kids to bed, they were widely considered a myth.
    They were real.
    Too real.
    And here we are, after points I care not to talk about, the death of my home being one.
    We turned our backs on Earth, left our friends, our families, our people to die at the hands of these creatures, the world descended to ash, now as the final strike will take place, their vanguard rises, more of them leading attacks. We need help. No, we need salvation.
    A voice erupted from the back of my skull. 'HALL/WE'VE FOUND YOU./'
    This was bad.
    Very. Very bad.
    Two things stood on top of me, a red rimmed portal directly behind them, high pitched webs of sound were wrapping themselves around me, they seemed to vibrate in the pit of my stomach, the acid in there burning, acid indigestion? Try having it boil and erupt upwards. The creatures warbled about me, their mechanical bodies heaving a hissing as they tried to decide whether to lift me or to kill me on the spot.

Re: Michael Hall.

Update

I felt sensation creeping around me, chills up my spine, a near-bursting pressure behind my eyes, I shut them tight, tears were trapped, no way to escape in this decimating vacuum, my eyes felt swollen, as if air was being pushed into my tear ducts. I opened them, the lights were bigger, the front of the machine, creature, thing was opening, a mouth of around 5 or 6 tendrils revolved around. I closed my eyes.
    Again I opened them, they felt bloodshot, everything I could see, which was really only this monstrosity and a vague hint of my hands was tinted red. Each blink I felt my eyes getting heavier, this last time I closed them, I never opened again. In the same place.
    This started 5 years ago, in 2014, the first time Faster than Light Travel was found on Earth. Coincidently, it was also found on every other planet in the universe, at the exact same time.
    Anyway, during the fifth or sixth outing to Mars, I stowed away in a cargo ship. I left the ship without a helmet, anxiety and excitement were pulling me out the door, I stood in the midst of the Red Planet, helmet-less, breathing without a problem, aside from some vague faraway nausea.
    On Mars at the time, my sister, Miranda was stationed in a research facility, Catalyn, that's the main reason why I chose the Mars expedition as my first travel into the dark, knowing I had someone close to me, someone I knew, my only family.
    As usual, a calamity overtook, a hostile alien race attacked from the chasm, Lace Scar, they ascended from the icy depth, decimated the colony in minutes. My sister and I escaped. No-one else did.
    They have no identity, these prolicidal beasts, known as the Deities in some planets, revered on some, feared on others. Usually hailed as a bed-time tale to coax the kids to bed, they were widely considered a myth.
    They were real.
    Too real.
    And here we are, after points I care not to talk about, the death of my home being one.
    We turned our backs on Earth, left our friends, our families, our people to die at the hands of these creatures, the world descended to ash, now as the final strike will take place, their vanguard rises, more of them leading attacks. We need help. No, we need salvation.

Re: Gravity

bumpdayte

uupdatessssccczxv\vadfvsdvds

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik
    uupdatessssccczxv\vadfvsdvds
    ajka

oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by pivot 3.1 el
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik