Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

So, how do you write?

The title is kind if misleading but It was the best I could come up with. I guess the best way to understand is by example. I tend to write the way I think which is completely separate from the way I talk. I've seen my thoughts, how it gets written into something semi-logical is beyond me.

Re: So, how do you write?

When I write stuff like stories, for possible flash movies or etc., I tend to focus on the audience for which I'm presenting to, like in the case of flash movies: I take in the consideration on Darkdemon, friends and Newgrounds general audience is going to be between 10-19 so rule of thumb comedy is something that's looked to since they have school and what not and to keep them selves entertained they look to comedy/funny things to keep them selves entertained.

Of course I take in consideration of what I prefer to do and how I want to present my interests as well and not have others influenced me too much.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

I write like a boss, that's how.

But no, I generally just let it flow. It tends to come out better than I mean it to, almost like it's what I'm supposed to do. Hah.

That said I can't be assed to post anything here any more as the only people who post are making "rap" threads. Literature my emasculating flabby ass. That and it's too boring and lacking in traffic.

I tend to let it flow too, although it sounds a lot better in my head since I can see it exactly how I want to, as compared to me trying to describe it and completely failing.

I usually try to plan a little before I write. Basic guidelines as to where I want the story to go, and then start writing a detailed first paragraph..which branches off into more detail and everything unfolds slowly. Lots of patience..and editing.

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils

It depends, there are two methods that I've found work the best for me.

I can think about the basic outline ahead of time, and plan everything out carefully and methodically. I'll only write down the best of my ideas. If it's not top notch, it doesn't belong on the paper.

Or, I can just say fuck it, and write down whatever comes to mind, without ever stopping to think. Just write whatever. Even if it's completely shitty. This turns out to be very "realistic" and "human", I don't know how to put it any other way. It just flows better. When I'm done, I'll look over the shitty parts, and edit them to make sense.