Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Enthusiast

Oak Tree: Chapter 12

Cover:
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2][/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 1
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]I’ll never forget the first taste I had of it. I was a mere eight year old, and in my eight years in this world, I had never tasted freedom, freedom to act and play, like a normal eight year old, freedom to be normal. Normality eluded me. Until this moment, where I had escaped the clutches of my over protective mother. The pale blue sky greeted me, as I took my first steps into the outside world. The sun beamed down to me, its rays warmed my skin and I flung my arms open to allow as much of it to touch my body. The wind blew softly through my hair, as I took off into the wild lands of our property. A vast 3 acre lot, bordering along the hills. I ran as fast as my little legs could take me, towards unknown. Freedom was fantastic, and I knew that now I would never be confined to the walls of my house. I reached the base of the huge grassy hill, and began my ascension into further freedom. I had dreamt of this hill for as long as I could remember. Every day I peered out from my second story window, and gazed out towards this hill. An oak tree sat atop this magnificent mountain of grass, begging to be climbed by me. It called to me, and I was finally answering the call. I glanced back at my house, the sun was slowly edging towards it, the day was almost over, and I had to climb fast. I raced up the hill, looking everywhere I could, soaking in the scenery. A mere eight year old, with a respect for nature and its beauty. I reached the top, ogling the sights. The wisps of white clouds cut through the sky, which had changed from a pale blue, to a pale orange, caused by the setting of the sun. The wind was fairly stronger at this height; I lifted my arms and welcomed its embrace. Almost forgetting about the tree, I swung myself around and glanced up at its size. It was huge, and perfectly fit for climbing. I climbed only to the second level, chose a heavy and thick looking branch, and planted myself upon it, setting my sights on the sun making its way down, to bring nightfall. The sun was situated behind my house now, which gave it a glow around its borders. The birds chirped and sang as the sun had now completely set. I took in a deep breath of the freshest air man has tasted, and exhaled slowly. And then, I heard it. The birds had stopped chirping, there was only silence. An eerily beautiful silence that filled the valley below with emptiness. As soon as it came, it was broken by the sound of sadness, a girl, crying. I peered below, and saw the young girl, roughly the same age as myself, quietly weeping, all alone.
    “Are you ok?” I called out to her, sympathetically. She jumped, startled at the sound of my voice. Her head shook, and looked around, desperate to find the person who called out to her.
    “Where are you?” She said, still sobbing. “I can’t see you anywhere...” I made my way down the tree to introduce myself. I dropped next to her, startling her once more. She turned and faced me; her light blonde hair fluttered in the wind, and glistened and basked in the setting of the evening sun. Her large, deep, blue eyes were slightly bloodshot, wet remnants from the tears paved a path from her bottom eyelid, down her cheek and to the bottom of her jaw. A small button nose protruded from the middle of her face, and her lips looked as though they were as soft as velvet, and as warm as the sun itself. She was smaller than me, though only just, her forehead met my eyes. She looked down at her feet, in an embarrassed and insecure manner.
    “Are you ok?” I repeated my previous question. She looked up, her blue eyes sparkled, as a fresh tear emerged from them and slid down her cheek.
    “I...” She began, but choked on her words, as the tears started to flow more rapidly. I motioned for her to sit down at the base of the oak tree.
    “What’s wrong?” I asked in the most comforting and sincere tone I could muster. She inhaled a large breath and exhaled it slowly, calming her down. Opening her mouth, she started to explain what had happened.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 2
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]We sat together, leaning against the base of the large, oak tree, overlooking the now downed sun, and the slow onset of a sanguine sky. She was still sobbing softly, tears continued to slowly trickle down her cheeks which were now red from embarrassment. She remained quiet, and an awkward silence broke between us, the only noise was the sound of her weeping, even nature had joined in with her quiet sadness. I decided to break the silence.
    “So, what’s your name?” I questioned, hoping this would spark a conversation.
    “Liora...” she sighed, as tears continued to leak from her eyes. My hopes were ruined; I had to continue the conversation further.
    “I’m Alva, nice to meet you.” I said, in the most calming and soothing tone. She glanced up at me, and I was stunned. Even in a depressed and completely negative state emotionally, she still managed to be beautiful. I stared back, mouth agape. I froze. My brain stopped, thoughts eluded my mind, a zombie, staring into the eyes of this girl.
    “Uh,” I mumbled. “Why are you crying?” I asked, bluntly rushed. Her eyes shifted back down to her feet, and I was freed from her mesmerising gaze.
    “I just...” She stopped, now she had lost her thought process, as though what she was trying to say was so painfully unbearable, that she could not muster the strength to even utter the words describing it. “My father, he just...” Again, she could not finish it. She inhaled deeply, releasing the air slowly; she prepared herself to explain what had happened.
    “I just saw my father hit my mother...” she started, breathing heavily and slowly, the tears began to form in her eyes once more.
    “That’s terrible...” I started, but she quickly interrupted me.
    “And then, he saw me, and charged towards me.” She stammered, her lips quivering with fear. “I ran, and didn’t stop when he called for me.” She burst 'into tears, fighting to control her words.
    “I’m not sure what happened to Mother.” She cried, “And I’m not sure what will happen to me if I go home.” This last sentence seemed to hit home hard for Liora, as she gave into the tears which were bursting out of her eyes. The tears were now streaming down her face, and I was unsure as to what I should do. I looked over at her; her small body was quivering with fear, and shaking from the cold that had crept out from the loss of the sun to the night. I sucked in some air, and manned up the courage to embrace her. I placed one arm around her shoulder, and followed with the other around the front, pulling her into my body, and wrapped my arms around her. Her head nuzzled into my chest, my chin rested on top of her head. She cried into my shirt, with a loud, but muffled noise. I patted her on the back with one hand, and rubbed it with the other, slowly rocking her to calm her down. I had seen my mother implore the same technique with my younger brothers and sisters, it seemed to work almost every time. Although we were silent, my mind was not. I had to figure out how I could help Liora, it was now my mission to keep her safe. Darkness had crept from behind us, and I watched as the valley below slowly began to disappear into the caliginous fog of the night sky. She pulled away, and we stood. I reached for her hand, grasped it into my own, and pulled her towards me.
    “Come with me.” I stated, leading her towards my families property.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 3
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]We trekked down the hill, towards my family’s farm land, hands still locked in an eternal embrace. Her sobbing had stopped; all that was left was the dried remnants of tears on her cheeks. Night had come, and we were now using the moonlight to illuminate the way home. My mother would be furious, I thought, as we continued along the dark path. I glanced up towards the moon, the white wisps of cloud during the day remained, though they appeared to be a dark grey when matched to the illumination of the full moon. The ambient sounds of after dusk nature filled the air, and allowed us to sit in silence and listen to its beauty. Every ten minutes or so, Liora would peer over her shoulder, expecting to find her father hunting us down, and tearing us apart.
    “You okay?” I questioned, half rhetorically. She peered over her shoulder once more, before turning towards me.
    “What’s going to happen to me...” she questioned, “I’ve got no home, no family.” I had nothing to say, no comforting words came to mind, so I just stood silent.
    “He took it all from me, my own father.” Her eyes started to tear up, and her chin started quivering, as though she was about to burst into tears once more. “And now, I bet he’s after me.” The words finally came to me, I stopped walking.
    “You will be safe with my family,” I stated, “I won’t allow him to get you.” We stood, facing each other. Time slowed, as we locked eyes, and in an instant, she launched herself at me. Our lips connected, and I felt her passionately kissing me. I was stunned, unable to move or think, I went into auto-pilot. And then, I snapped out of it, and kissed her back. Her lips were as soft as I had imagined, like velvet. I felt her tongue slide into my mouth, and I mimicked her, sliding mine into hers. She pulled away, and stared into my eyes. Those eyes. They pierced my mind, and left me dumbfounded. She allowed a slight smile to break through her sadness, and she glanced down, embarrassed. I was still standing there, staring, not thinking, not blinking, in shock. My shock was broken by the sound of an engine, on the main road. Liora grabbed me and was sunk into the grass, on our stomachs. She placed a finger to her mouth.
    “Shh.” She hissed as we watched the road from our grassy vantage point. We were still higher than the road, so we had the perfect view. A red pickup truck emerged onto the road, dust collecting behind it, it was speeding furiously. A gasp escaped Liora’s mouth, and she started to sob.
    “No...” she wept, as I realised who was driving. Her father. He was looking for her; I was determined to make sure he failed. She buried her head into me once more, tears made my shirt slightly damp. The red pickup slowed down; as though it was going to turn onto the road we were adjacent too. If he turned down there, he had a chance of spotting us here on the grassy hill. Liora went to stand up and run, but I grabbed her before she had a chance to.
    “Don’t move.” I warned, as the red pickup turned down the road. She glanced at me, and nodded. I hope I was right in doing so, if not, then he would probably take me as well as her. We stayed down, and watched as he passed where we were, slowly. Liora released a sigh of relief, prematurely. As I heard her sigh, I watched the red pickup truck slow down and come to a complete stop. I clapped my hand over her mouth to muffle the sounds of her sobs and screams, as the pickup was now parked on the side of the country road.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 4
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]The truck had stopped, and I felt powerless. I had no idea what to do; the determination of her father was overwhelming. It was my mission to keep her safe from him, and I was determined to complete it. Whose determination was greater, mine, or her father’s? The door of the truck opened, and her father stepped out. A tall man, about six feet three inches tall, with jet black hair, and a fairly muscular body. Overall, he was completely menacing. He wore a cap, which cast a shadow across his face, making it hard to make out his facial details. He slammed the door shut violently, his anger apparent. Leaning up against his truck, his eyes scoured and surveyed the area, searching for his daughter. Lucky for us, it was almost pitch black; the only light source came from her father’s truck. Yet he stayed, and surveyed the unseeable darkness, as though is eyes could pierce it. And then, his determination and patience subsided, and his rage grew. He turned to his truck and smashed his foot into the passenger door, leaving a slight dent. He furiously swung the driver’s side door open and launched himself into the seat. The slam of his door echoed throughout the valley, and Liora let out a sigh of paranoid relief. A large crunch echoed throughout the valley, as he shifted his truck’s gears into reverse riotously. The wheels spun, and dust enveloped the truck and drifted into the sanguine sky, made visible by the moon’s light. The headlights swayed towards us, and eventually waved over us. They hovered. Still, over our position. I closed my eyes, held my breath and hoped. Hoped that we weren’t spotted, hoped that we hadn’t been discovered by this maniacal, psychopathic father. My stomach dropped, as I heard the door open, as quietly as the rusty pickup truck doors would allow. Liora was mumbling to herself, I couldn’t make out what she was saying, nor did I pay attention to it. My focus was occupied elsewhere, towards my thoughts, and towards to sounds of the pickup trucks engine dying as the ignition was turned off. The headlights turned off with the engine, and darkness overwhelmed our surrounding environment, and our thoughts of what would become of us. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting towards the position of the truck. I saw the silhouette of Liora’s father against the moon. A click, and light poured out from the shadow towards us. I watched as his shadowed face revealed a grin. A smile which said he had found what he was looking for, that his search was over and he could show how evil he could really be. A smile that said he was crazy, and psychotic. The smile of an abuser, and a possible murderer. He began to run, directly at us. I grabbed Liora, whose eyes were still closed, still praying that we weren’t discovered.
    “Liora! He’s coming!” I screamed to her, as I stood, yanking her up with me. She regained her balance, still holding her hand; I pulled her into a sprint. Our legs were pumping as hard and fast as they could go, not sure it was enough I glanced over my shoulder. I couldn’t see him, but his flashlight was still on. The light was waving and jumping as his hands were pumping back and forth during his run. Breathing heavily, I pushed on. Liora was now level with me, and we were sticking to the fastest pace possible. Her face was full of worry and fear; I glanced over my shoulder to find the light from his torch had disappeared. He was now invisible, hidden by the shadows of the night. Our hands were still gripping tightly, an embrace that would not give up without a fight, with a struggle. We continued to run, back up the hill, to the spot of our original meeting. Back to the oak tree.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 5
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]Legs burning and heavy, as though hot, iron was melting through them, yet I pushed on. Sweat dripped profusely from my forehead, as I continued to run with Liora’s hand still clutched in my own. I looked to her, water was dripping down her face like mine, but it was not sweat. Tears were cascading down her rosy red cheeks. The tree looked ominous; the moons light illuminated its edges, giving it a glowing appearance.
    “Alva, I can’t go on...” Liora started, falling down, onto her hands and knees, exhausted. A mixture of sweat and tears dripped off her face, as she lifted her head, and looked at me with the eyes. Again, the eyes lifted something from within me, fill me with the strength to keep going, to persist and get her to safety. I looked down at her, the small, fragile girl whom I had just met, and who I was determined to save. I bent down, slid my arms under her legs, and lifted her up, cradling her in my arms like a mother with her child. Or a man with his love. I began to run, with her bouncing gently in my arms, protecting her from her father with my embrace. The tree was only a few meters away, when I saw the flash of the torch fly by my right. Luckily we were out of the light when we reached the tree.
    “Liora, we have to climb.” I said, placing her on the first branch of the tree. She looked at me; the eyes were broken and defeated. I launched myself onto the branch, picked her up, and placed her on the second branch.
    “Liora, don’t make me do this...” I whispered, frustrated. She looked passed me, towards her father. Coming to her senses, she stood on the branch and began to climb. I followed her quickly, up the massive oak tree, reaching the middle of the tree within a minute. We climbed further, further then we had to, but being over cautious was not a bad trait to have in a time like this. Liora stopped, and I climbed to the branch she was on. She went to speak, but I raised my hand to warn her. Everything was quiet, even the crickets which normally noisily chirped, didn’t make a sound. And then, a snap, a footstep, and the slight sound of someone breathing burst out from the silence, and sent chills through my spine. I glanced over to Liora, and watched as her body quivered with fear. The light had disappeared since we began to climb the tree. Terror filled my mind, plaguing it like a disease. Nervousness attacked at my muscles, making me twinge and itch all over my body. In an instant, a flash of light exploded from the darkness and struck the thick trunk of the tree. The light rebounded and hit my face, causing me to squint, and my eyes to adjust to the sudden influx of light. A deep, booming voice whispered but three bone chilling words.
    “Where are you?” Liora’s father said, creepily extending each syllable to emphasize his insanity. The light at the base of the tree was growing stronger; he was coming closer and closer towards us. The light hadn’t moved from the tree, which worried me. He suspected we were hiding up here. I closed my eyes, and took off where I left off before he discovered us the first time, hoping that history wouldn’t repeat itself. I could see the light growing stronger, even through my closed eyes, and I struggled to open them. Suddenly, he was upon the tree, he was facing the base of the tree. He tapped it twice with his torch, flicked it directly up towards us, and craned his head upwards, searching the tree tops for his missing daughter and the young man who protected her from his wrath.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 6
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]The light exploded upwards, and hit me directly in the eyes. Squinting through the blinding light, I could make out the shadow of Liora’s father, who was persistently hunting us. I looked over at Liora; she was staring blank, in shock, with silent tears slowly sliding down her cheek. I remained still, too afraid to move, paralysed by shock and fear. The light pulled off my face, and jumped back and forth through the tree, searching every branch... every leaf for Liora and I. Liora couldn’t even look at her father, she was stuck staring out into the open fields of my family’s land, as though she was day dreaming, trying to escape from her current reality. Then something happened which made her snap out of her fear induced escape from reality.
    “Liora!” Her father screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to scare her out of hiding. I directed my gaze over to Liora; her head had sunk, and was now resting down near her knees. I tapped her, and she melancholically glanced up at me. I placed my finger to my mouth, signalling to remain quiet, and to remain still. She did as I commanded, and that worried me. I was now in charge of her future, in charge of her fate. Was I capable to lead her out of this situation safely? The unknown thoughts in my head worried me further; I decided to concentrate all my thoughts towards the situation itself. I closed my eyes, and allowed my mind to wander, trying to miraculously discover a way out of this situation, an escape plan. Nothing came to mind, and yet I closed my eyes tighter, trying to pull every ounce of focus and energy I had to think our way out of this. A loud thud echoed up the tree, bringing with it a shake. Someone was climbing the tree, and I knew who. My eyes sprung open, and I saw, with horror, the silhouette of Liora’s father standing atop the first branch of the tree. The torch light was still darting back and forth throughout the tree, occasionally striking my face. And then, in an instant, nothingness. The light went out, and darkness covered the tree. We were hidden, and I was now granted more time to think, and plot. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I closed my eyes once more. The safety I thought we had was quickly taken away from me, as I heard a branch underneath me snap, and the heavy breath of a predator stalking its prey, emanated and echoed around the oak tree. I quickly sucked up the sigh of relief I had expelled, and held my breath, waiting for a hand to reach up and grab me from below. The waiting was torture, I was sweating in the cold night, and nausea plagued my mind and stomach, as I felt as though I’d throw up. I managed a quick look towards Liora, and noticed she hadn’t moved an inch, still staring out into the open fields, still in a day dream like state. She was paralysed with shock, paralysed with apprehension. I gulped down the vomit in trapped in my mouth, and glanced down, trying to spot the man who pursued myself and Liora. He was unable to be seen, yet an epiphany infiltrated my mind. Silence had crept into the night. An eerily quiet silence, which meant we were alone. Had he left, given up? Unlikely. Was he waiting in the tree for us to move, or had he gone and searched another area. I had no idea, and I was not inclined to find out.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 7
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]The silence was maddening. Whether Liora’s father still lurked within the vast branches and leaves of this giant oak tree, was beyond me. Had he left? Surely I would have heard him leave. Was he still in the tree? The silence suggested otherwise. I continued to wait patiently. Liora’s presence had slipped from my mind, and I was solely focused on her ravenous father. In an instant the silence was broken, replaced by a loud thud which echoed throughout the valley, and sent a magnitude of vibrations up the trunk of the grand oak tree. At first, I thought Liora had fallen. Questions raced through my mind. Had she given up on this situation? On life? Had she committed herself to ending it all? In my worried state, I threw my eyes towards her position, only to find her still perched on the precarious branch. My mind was put to ease by this sight, as I noticed her facial expression had changed from fearful, anxious and full of anguish, to one filled with hope. I now felt as though we were safe, and I could see Liora truly believed that we were. But from previous experience, I had learnt to not trust this false sense of security. It had betrayed me earlier, when we were hiding from her father’s truck. I wished I could believe we were safe, and put my mind to rest, but I could not, and I came to a realisation that true safety is only permanent to the ignorant and naive. I sat there, pondering whether or not we had truly escaped Liora’s father, when, once again, the silence was broken, my stomach dropped to my toes, and my heart leapt into my throat. Snapping twigs broke the silence, emanating from the ground below. At first, my mind wandered back to when the naive sense of safety was taken from me, in the hills, waiting for her father’s truck to turn around and speed off in the opposite direction. My mind was overworked, tired and stressed. It took a few seconds for the sound of footsteps to penetrate my sleep deprived mind. The snapping twigs and footsteps causing them slowly dissipated back into the silence of the night. As they headed from the tree, and, more importantly, away from Liora and me, the sense of safety infiltrated my thoughts once more, but it had a difference. This time, the sense of safety seemed real and tangible. This time, safety was definitive. I waited. Patiently, making sure we were truly safe, and alone.
    “Liora!” I whispered, directing my eyes over to her branch. She slowly rotated her head towards me, her face still dripping with tears. But these tears were not of fear, or anxiety. They were tears of hope and happiness.
    “He’s...” She sobbed, “He’s gone!” Liora whispered back, the glee was obvious in her voice.
    “I know... I know...” I started, as I made my way towards her branch. “Let’s get down from this tree; we need to get back to my house.” I held my hand out to help her down, making sure she didn’t fall. I jumped down, trying to land as softly as possible, reached up and guided Liora back down to the ground. It felt odd to be standing on solid ground after being stuck in the tree for so long, that my legs were shaking. Liora jumped from the same position as I had, but instead of hitting the floor, I caught her in my hands, and dragged her into my embrace. I held her tentatively, the warmth of her body met with the heat of my own, as we kept each other from the cold. I pulled away.
    “Liora, we still aren’t safe. We have to leave. Now.” I whispered, the urgency in my words was apparent, and I knew Liora understood. We began walking back to my house, where I knew we would be safe.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 8
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]The silence between me and Liora was awkward at best, though not much was there to be said. It was still fairly dark, yet the sun could be seen rising from behind us, and a slight silhouette of our bodies slowly walking away from the oak tree, could be seen stretched just in front of us. We had been in that tree the entire night, hiding in fear from her father who hunted us. I decided to break the silence.
    “The suns rising...” I stated, leaving it open for an answer to spark more conversation.
    “So it is.” Liora replied bluntly, turning her head to see the sun rise over the hillside. I spun around and began walking backwards, allowing myself a full view of this magnificent sight. Thirteen years living in this area and not once did I bask in the rays of the rising morning sun. The hills were black, traced with an outline of translucent orange. The white wisps of clouds that hid in the night were now absorbing the light from the sun, glowing an ominous pink and orange mixture. One lone silhouette stood proudly atop the hill. The oak tree, like the hill, appeared to be black with shadow. The occasional ray of light which broke through the thick branches and leaves of the marvellous oak tree gave it a near omnipotent look, as though it was powerful and with thought.
    “Wow...” I gasped, amazed at the beautiful sight rising sun against the hills, and of course the tree that had just protected me from danger.
    “What?” Liora questioned, confused at my amazement. Unable to speak, I shot my finger up towards the tree. Liora turned, and we both stopped and succumbed to the transfixing sight of the sunrise.
    Liora tried to speak, but her words were inaudible, a mere mumble. The sunrise brought to her a new life, a rebirth of her old life. It was a new day, which meant endless possibilities. I grabbed her hand, and clutched it tight, looking over at her. Instead of her usual insecure, posture, with her eyes on the ground, Liora had changed. Her chin was raised proudly and confidently, her eyes swelled with astonishment at the sights, and her mouth hung open, slightly agape, as though she was surprised that such beauty existed. I was replicating the exact same emotions. Staring at her, my mouth was slight agape with surprise that such a beauty could take the form of a human being. Her deep blue eyes glistened, a combination of the glistening sunrise and the build up of tears. Her lips looked delicate and soft, they too shone with the rays of the rising sun. Her fair, blonde hair messy, from the running and climbing and the stress we were just put through, yet it did not take away from her beauty, instead, it accentuated her stunning looks. She had a long, elegant neck, which lead down to her narrow shoulders. At thirteen, she had matured quite significantly; she had the body of a woman. Her waist was thin, and her long legs seemed to go on for an age. I was standing there, staring with infatuation, stunned by the sight of Liora. She noticed me, staring at her, and turned to meet my gaze. Once again, those eyes struck my heart and slowed my mind; I was stuck, gazing in a daze. She read my expression, and her cheeks turned, from a light brown, to a rosy red. Glancing down, embarrassed, she tucked her hair behind her ear, and continued to grow in colour. Our hands were still locked together, she gripped my hand tightly, and I returned it back.
    “We should probably head back to my house...” I said, blushing slightly.
    “Yeah let’s go!” She said, eagerly, pulling my hand and leading me to my own house. Willingly, I followed, still in a zombie like state, staring at Liora. I wanted to tell her how I felt, hoping she would say she felt the same. Although I had known Liora for less than a day, I knew I cared deeply for her. We had been through so much in the last twelve hours; love can bloom from the darkest of situations, as a beacon of light in a somewhat shadowed time, and I knew it in my heart that I loved her. I sucked in the air I needed to openly admit my feelings for her.
    “Liora...” I began, “The time we have spent together has been...” I stopped; my brain was racing, trying to piece together a sentence to express how I felt.
    “Has been what?” She asked her head tilted to the lift, flinging her hair back slightly. A thousand and one words raced through my head, and not one seemed to fit what I wanted to say.
    “Emotional...” I started, quickly cut off by Liora, who seemed eager to hear what I had to say.
    “In what way?” She questioned, looking into my eyes, smiling gently. This was the second smile I had seen escape through her emotionally fragile state, and it struck me deep within my heart. The words seemed to flow easier, after her smiled unlocked my confidence.
    “With all the fear, anxiety and sadness flying around, it seems logical that other feelings may have been realised...” I said, trying to imply what I wanted to say without truly saying it.
    “What kind of feelings?”
    “Well...” I began, quickly cut off by a noise off in the distance. It was my name, echoing throughout the whole valley, and I knew where it had come from. I glanced over at my house, and saw my mother standing out the front, hands clapped to her mouth, screaming my name.
    “Alva!” She called, I hung my head, and began the walk over to her, pulling Liora along behind me.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 9
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]From this distance I could see the anger and worry in my mother’s face. The same faint lines which ran down Liora’s face were running down my mother’s face. Tears. She had been crying, seeing this made my stomach flip, and my heart crushed. Liora and I reached my mother, before she got a chance to speak, I interjected.
    “Mother, before you start, I must tell you why I did not come home last night...” I started, but Liora intervened.
    “Ma’am, your son saved my life last night.” Liora said sincerely. My mother looked at me, when I met her gaze; I diverted my attention to my shoes, kicking them in the dirt. Liora continued to explain what had happen, from the start of what she assumed has happened to her mother, and then to how we met, and how her father hunted us for the majority of the night. My mother’s facial expression changed dramatically over the course of Liora’s recount of the night. Occasionally her eyes would dart back to me, in which I would look elsewhere, not wanting to look my mother in her tear stained eyes.
    “... We finally remained hidden long enough, ‘til my father left and we were able to walk back here.” Liora finished. My mother’s anger had subsided; instead, she was filled with sympathy and empathy.
    “Alva, come inside and get some rest.” She said, “you too Liora, you’re welcome to stay.” My mother clamped her arms around me, like only a worried mother who had found her child could. She was a very petit woman, about five feet and three inches tall, weighing no more than sixty kilograms. Her hair was a dark brown, which went frizzy in the humidity, but for now, it was straight. Her chestnut eyes were big and bold, yet showed signs of ageing and fatigue. Once she had released me from her hug, she motioned over to Liora to do the same to her, comforting her like any mother would. Liora kind-heartedly accepted this embrace, and allowed herself the comfort of a mother’s grip, one she may not get to feel from her own mother. I looked at Liora’s face, her grief was noticeable, and tears rolled down her cheeks once more. We were pushed inside by my mother, and she pointed me upstairs to set up a bed for Liora, in my room. I grabbed Liora’s hand and pulled her up the wooden stairs. Every so often, one of the stairs would creak loudly, as though they were screaming in pain from being stepped on. I showed her my room, which was filled with the light from the morning sun.
    “Feel free to look around, this should only take a second.” I said.
    “Maybe after some rest.” She retorted, watching me set up the bed for her.
    “I’ll sleep on this mattress, you can take my bed.” I said.
    “No, you sleep in your own bed; I am fine with the mattress.” She assured.
    Finishing the bed, I pulled the curtains shut, snuffing out the increasingly bright light from the sun. Motioning for her to lay on her bed, I did so myself on my own, pulling the covers over me.
    “Sleep well Liora.” I said, yawning loudly.
    “You too, Alva.” She replied. I felt myself drift off almost instantly falling into a dreamless sleep, only to be woken within the hour. Liora was standing over me, shaking me lightly.
    “Liora?” I questioned, still half asleep.
    “I can’t sleep...” she said, “Can I crawl in bed with you?”
    “Sure.” I replied bluntly, moving over to the other side of the bed. She slid in, my sleepy vision only caught a glimpse of her, but from what I could see, she was in nothing but her underwear. Her sleek body collapsed into my bed, and snugged itself up in the coil of my body. She turned her head, and kissed me on my forehead, then moved to my lips, planting a quick, yet sweetly soft kiss on my tired lips. Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her closer to my body. The warmth of bare skin on bare skin was comforting, as I closed my eyes, ready to slip back into my slumber.
    “Time to sleep.” I said, to which I got no reply. In an instant, I was gone, and I slipped into a quiet, and undisturbed sleep.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 10
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]I woke suddenly. It was dark in my room. Liora was standing up, getting changed into her clothes, trying as hard as possible to be quiet.
    “Good morning.” She said, surprised I had woken.
    “What time is it?” I said, clearly and concisely, I had obviously slept well.
    “About three in the morning.” Surprised, I sat up in my bed, still in my underwear. I stood, grabbed my clothes and began to dress. Liora eyed me, with curiosity. Once dressed, I made for the exit of my room. Liora followed close behind.
    “What do you want to do?” She questioned.
    “Want to go for a walk? I’d love to see more of the forest areas.” Liora went to speak out, but caught her words with hesitation, and replied.
    “Sure.” We walked slowly down the creaking stairs, stepping lightly, trying to create as little sound as possible, to make sure my mother stayed asleep. I opened the door, and was met with a surprisingly warm and humid breeze, which blew silently throughout my house.
    “Ready?” I asked. Liora nodded in reply, still holding her tongue. The sun was still down, but on its way up and there was moisture on the ground, as well as in the air. The dew on the grass sparkled; it seemed every blade had some sort of fluid dripping slowly down it. We headed out towards the oak tree, which was on the borders of the forest. The dew made the ground slightly slippery under foot, at one point, whilst walking in front of me, Liora slipped, only to have me stretch out and catch her.
    “Thanks...” She said, embarrassed, as she pulled herself up out of my arms and regained her balance. The hill gleamed with the rising sun behind it, as we continue are ascension towards the top, towards the oak tree. Although the sun was beginning its rise, the sky was still slightly dark. The clouds had disappeared, and the sky was clear, except for the few stars which dotted the brightening sky, sparkling ever so slightly. We reached the top of the hill; the climb had tired me out. I placed my hands on my knees, bent over, and inhaled as much air as I could, beads of sweat collected on my brow, which I wiped away with one clean swipe of my hand. Liora walked over to me, as I stood up, regaining my breath. She placed her hand gently on the middle of my back, and rubbed softly and slowly. I threw my arm over her shoulder, and we continued to walk, coming to the edge of the forest. The woods had an ominous look to it. Fog seeped out of the trees, as we entered the woodland. The foggy mist seemed to open reluctantly before them, and close forbiddingly behind them. The moisture around the forest was thicker, and heavier. The leaves of the trees were glistening, the sound of drips falling off the branches seemed to echo throughout the forest and the grass’s normal green colour was sapped, and left as a dewy, dull grey.
    “I’ve never been this far away from home before...” I said.
    “My house is just on the other side of these woods, and I always walked through them to get to the oak tree overlooking your house.” She started, “It always was my favourite place to sit and think.”
    “I stared at that tree nearly every day, for as long as I can remember, and yesterday was the first time I was fully able to experience its beauty.” The forest had the impression that it was alive, and thinking. It felt as though it had eyes, and was watching and ear which were hearing everything we did. I took my first step into the forest, and the crunch of a twig under foot reverberated around the entire area. My body shivered, and I took another step, this time, the emptiness of silence filled the trees. Liora walked past me, at a reasonable pace; walking through the woods like it was nothing. My manhood was put to the test, so I carefully followed after her, delving deeper into the seemingly changing forest.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 11
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]Sounds emanated from every crack and crevice in the forest. Every branch hung low, and blocked out the sun, which managed only a few rays to slip through the thickness of the foliage. The path we followed seems to be changing, as well as the sounds the deeper we went throughout the forest. No chirping of birds or scurrying of mice, but echoes of loud and deep rumbles and the sound of branches bordering on breaking, but snapping back to their original position. Hisses and gurgles filled in the silences of the louder noises. The path went from a rocky, hard road, to wet and grassy. It became slightly slippery underfoot, and I was struggling to keep my balance. And then there was Liora. Waltzing through the forest like it was nothing, glancing around freely, not worried about what was out there. Meanwhile, I cast my eyes everywhere, frantically looking for something that would jump out and snatch us. My eyes flew past something that caught my eye. A long, hand crafted stave. I walked over, and kneeled on the still spongy ground, examining the stick. Its detail was immense; patterns were carved into the thick elm wood.
    “What’s that?” Questioned Liora.
    “A stave or a walking stick by the looks of it.” I replied, not looking at her, but stuck, gazing at the detailed patterns of the stick. It was long, up to my chest.
    “I doubt it’s a walking stick...” Liora started, but her words seemed to drift off. Something had caught her attention. I stood, taking the stave with me, and holding it ready for something to jump out at me.
    “It’s fairly light...” I started, still examining the stick. “But it’s strong, here...” I went to pass it to Liora. Surprise caught me, and I looked around, frightened. Liora was gone, and I was alone. The sounds I had heard throughout our journey into this forest had quietened, and eventually disappeared. The silence was worrying, and I was left to think and wonder. Yet my mind went silent, like the forest, and I was unable to think of a solution. No smart idea, no light bulb, nothing. I was thoughtless, mindless like a zombie, incapable of understanding the seriousness of the situation. I gripped the stave tightly in my hand, as though I was going to be attacked. The silence was maddening, and I was waiting for a loud spark of noise to strike me, bringing with it some ferocious, unheard of beast. I decided to keep walking along the path. The trees had closed in on the path, I was sure of it. My thoughts began to return as I walked.
    “Lio...” I started, but I stopped myself.
    “Who knows what is out there.” I thought to myself. “Best to keep quiet.”
    Branches clawed, scraped and scratched me as I continued along the path, trying to find Liora as quietly as I could. Something grabbed at my leg; I turned, and swung the stave down as hard as I could. The noise of the stave hitting its target echoed through the silence, and I watched as the poor helpless frog which had grazed my leg lay squished on the ground. It had been about fifteen minutes since I had lost Liora, yet it felt like hours. I continued to delve deeper into the forest, which had now changed into a swampy bog. The path had completely disappeared; instead, I was dodging the potholes filled with the bog, occasionally slipping into the muddy water. I heard a high pitched scream; it seemed to reverberate throughout the entire area. I could not figure out which way the scream had come from, but I had drifted off the path and was trekking through the thickness of the trees.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Chapter 12
    [spoiler:9l4mdlm2]Puffing, panting and panicking, heart pulsating and sweating profusely, I tore through plant, vine and branches, in an attempt to find Liora. My eyes scanning the dense foliage, I was unable to see where she may have headed. Or where she had been taken. I decided to defy my previous inclination.
    “Liora!” I yelled, yet the sound did not echo. It seemed the swampy forest did not want me to be heard. I stopped, trying to gather my position in the forest swamp, to find my bearings. I was lost, lost in the deep, dark forest, delirious and dreary. I glanced up, looking for the sun to pave a path to get me out of this dense forest. Or to find Liora. I decided to trust my instincts, and keep heading in the direction I was going in. My legs were torn and bleeding, my arms, the same. Salty sweat poured off my brow and stung the scratches and scars, caused by the branches of the trees and bushes. I started to believe I was walking in circles; I started to notice similar and familiar patterns within the equivocal woodlands. Was this my imagination? I couldn’t tell, yet time seemed to elude me, and eventually, I had lost track of it completely. Darkness began to creep into the forest; the trees began to crowd and circle around me, enclosing me into the forest, forever trapped. And then, in an instant, I was free, out into the open world. The sun was slowly fading into the valley that was below, and a single house, stood marginalised and segregated from the small village just a few hundred metres away from it. The sky had turned into a bright orange, and the clouds let off a light pinkish aura. I turned, and looked back at what I had come through. The forest seemed to beckon and call to me, eager and yearning for me to return to its viny clutches. The forest was persuasive, and tempted me to indulge myself into its cover from the outside world, but my motivation to find Liora held me back. I returned my gaze back to the wide space in front of me, scanning the horizon for any sign of Liora or who may have taken her. One suspect came to mind, one who had previously attempted to kidnap and steal her. Her father, the man who had pursued us so frivolously just one day earlier. I kept a look out, still waiting to see the large figure of her father, pulling the smaller figure of Liora along, against her will. I sat staring for at least ten minutes, until something finally caught my eye which made my heart sink. In front of the house was something which I knew I had seen before, but I could not remember. I searched my brain for memories of a red pick-up truck. My puzzled brain came to the realisation of what I had seen, and where I recognised this pick-up truck from. Liora’s father’s truck was parked in front of the house, Liora’s old house. I looked at the stick I still held in my hand. The intricate carvings still puzzled and amazed me, yet I could not help but think of the price I paid to have this staff. If I hadn’t found this, I’d still be with Liora. Tears began to well into my eyes, and I realised what I had to do. I gripped the stick tightly, and began to walk towards the house. The forest creaked and moaned as I departed further from its grasp, yet its mind tricks had no effect on me now. I was determined and focussed. Now I know what her father felt like when he was after us. He had stolen her, and I wanted her back.[/spoiler:9l4mdlm2]

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Oak Tree

Second Chapter added, would love some comments guys.

Banned

Was it not called "The freedom of a child" or something related at first?

Anyway, I have to say that around this phrase “I’m Alva, nice to meet you.” I said, in the most calming and soothing tone. She glanced up at me, and I was stunned. Even in a depressed and completely negative state emotionally, she still managed to be beautiful. I stared back, mouth agape. I froze. My brain stopped, thoughts eluded my mind, a zombie, staring into the eyes of this girl. " I already started to imagine the character's appearance and mind frame.

You are good at depiction, making your characters feel lifelike. The attention to detail is just about marvelous, it's not overly done but it's not underly done either. And overall you deserve way more comments/opinions and critical appreciation.

I'm saying this; if you ever released a book, I would definitely buy it. You are a rising star and I am really imagining you somewhere among the best in the very future.

Continue, please.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Sm0k33w33d420
    Was it not called "The freedom of a child" or something related at first?

Anyway, I have to say that around this phrase “I’m Alva, nice to meet you.” I said, in the most calming and soothing tone. She glanced up at me, and I was stunned. Even in a depressed and completely negative state emotionally, she still managed to be beautiful. I stared back, mouth agape. I froze. My brain stopped, thoughts eluded my mind, a zombie, staring into the eyes of this girl. " I already started to imagine the character's appearance and mind frame.

You are good at depiction, making your characters feel lifelike. The attention to detail is just about marvelous, it's not overly done but it's not underly done either. And overall you deserve way more comments/opinions and critical appreciation.

I'm saying this; if you ever released a book, I would definitely buy it. You are a rising star and I am really imagining you somewhere among the best in the very future.

Continue, please.
    Thanks memph, and yeah it was called a child's freedom, but I changed the age of the characters. They were eight, but the whole situation and their connection together seemed to be way out of an eight year olds grasp.

Updated Chapter 3
    thank you for the kind words, and yes I will be continuing this.

Veteran Enthusiast

chapter 4 now posted

Veteran Enthusiast

Had finished chapter 5 a while ago, but updated this thread just now. Hope you guys enjoy it and give me some god damn feedback!

This story is amazing! Please, make another chapter.
    [center:2soyb3xw]ALWAYS ANIMATES

NO SKILL
    [/center:2soyb3xw]

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Cola
    This story is amazing! Please, make another chapter.
    Working on it

edit:
    as promised:
    Chapter 6
    [spoiler:2f8jb1lu]The light exploded upwards, and hit me directly in the eyes. Squinting through the blinding light, I could make out the shadow of Liora’s father, who was persistently hunting us. I looked over at Liora; she was staring blank, in shock, with silent tears slowly sliding down her cheek. I remained still, too afraid to move, paralysed by shock and fear. The light pulled off my face, and jumped back and forth through the tree, searching every branch... every leaf for Liora and I. Liora couldn’t even look at her father, she was stuck staring out into the open fields of my family’s land, as though she was day dreaming, trying to escape from her current reality. Then something happened which made her snap out of her fear induced escape from reality.
    “Liora!” Her father screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to scare her out of hiding. I directed my gaze over to Liora; her head had sunk, and was now resting down near her knees. I tapped her, and she melancholically glanced up at me. I placed my finger to my mouth, signalling to remain quiet, and to remain still. She did as I commanded, and that worried me. I was now in charge of her future, in charge of her fate. Was I capable to lead her out of this situation safely? The unknown thoughts in my head worried me further; I decided to concentrate all my thoughts towards the situation itself. I closed my eyes, and allowed my mind to wander, trying to miraculously discover a way out of this situation, an escape plan. Nothing came to mind, and yet I closed my eyes tighter, trying to pull every ounce of focus and energy I had to think our way out of this. A loud thud echoed up the tree, bringing with it a shake. Someone was climbing the tree, and I knew who. My eyes sprung open, and I saw, with horror, the silhouette of Liora’s father standing atop the first branch of the tree. The torch light was still darting back and forth throughout the tree, occasionally striking my face. And then, in an instant, nothingness. The light went out, and darkness covered the tree. We were hidden, and I was now granted more time to think, and plot. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I closed my eyes once more. The safety I thought we had was quickly taken away from me, as I heard a branch underneath me snap, and the heavy breath of a predator stalking its prey, emanated and echoed around the oak tree. I quickly sucked up the sigh of relief I had expelled, and held my breath, waiting for a hand to reach up and grab me from below. The waiting was torture, I was sweating in the cold night, and nausea plagued my mind and stomach, as I felt as though I’d throw up. I managed a quick look towards Liora, and noticed she hadn’t moved an inch, still staring out into the open fields, still in a day dream like state. She was paralysed with shock, paralysed with apprehension. I gulped down the vomit in trapped in my mouth, and glanced down, trying to spot the man who pursued myself and Liora. He was unable to be seen, yet an epiphany infiltrated my mind. Silence had crept into the night. An eerily quiet silence, which meant we were alone. Had he left, given up? Unlikely. Was he waiting in the tree for us to move, or had he gone and searched another area. I had no idea, and I was not inclined to find out.[/spoiler:2f8jb1lu]

Veteran Enthusiast

Chapter 7
    [spoiler:2owwhaef]The silence was maddening. Whether Liora’s father still lurked within the vast branches and leaves of this giant oak tree, was beyond me. Had he left? Surely I would have heard him leave. Was he still in the tree? The silence suggested otherwise. I continued to wait patiently. Liora’s presence had slipped from my mind, and I was solely focused on her ravenous father. In an instant the silence was broken, replaced by a loud thud which echoed throughout the valley, and sent a magnitude of vibrations up the trunk of the grand oak tree. At first, I thought Liora had fallen. Questions raced through my mind. Had she given up on this situation? On life? Had she committed herself to ending it all? In my worried state, I threw my eyes towards her position, only to find her still perched on the precarious branch. My mind was put to ease by this sight, as I noticed her facial expression had changed from fearful, anxious and full of anguish, to one filled with hope. I now felt as though we were safe, and I could see Liora truly believed that we were. But from previous experience, I had learnt to not trust this false sense of security. It had betrayed me earlier, when we were hiding from her father’s truck. I wished I could believe we were safe, and put my mind to rest, but I could not, and I came to a realisation that true safety is only permanent to the ignorant and naive. I sat there, pondering whether or not we had truly escaped Liora’s father, when, once again, the silence was broken, my stomach dropped to my toes, and my heart leapt into my throat. Snapping twigs broke the silence, emanating from the ground below. At first, my mind wandered back to when the naive sense of safety was taken from me, in the hills, waiting for her father’s truck to turn around and speed off in the opposite direction. My mind was overworked, tired and stressed. It took a few seconds for the sound of footsteps to penetrate my sleep deprived mind. The snapping twigs and footsteps causing them slowly dissipated back into the silence of the night. As they headed from the tree, and, more importantly, away from Liora and me, the sense of safety infiltrated my thoughts once more, but it had a difference. This time, the sense of safety seemed real and tangible. This time, safety was definitive. I waited. Patiently, making sure we were truly safe, and alone.
    “Liora!” I whispered, directing my eyes over to her branch. She slowly rotated her head towards me, her face still dripping with tears. But these tears were not of fear, or anxiety. They were tears of hope and happiness.
    “He’s...” She sobbed, “He’s gone!” Liora whispered back, the glee was obvious in her voice.
    “I know... I know...” I started, as I made my way towards her branch. “Let’s get down from this tree; we need to get back to my house.” I held my hand out to help her down, making sure she didn’t fall. I jumped down, trying to land as softly as possible, reached up and guided Liora back down to the ground. It felt odd to be standing on solid ground after being stuck in the tree for so long, that my legs were shaking. Liora jumped from the same position as I had, but instead of hitting the floor, I caught her in my hands, and dragged her into my embrace. I held her tentatively, the warmth of her body met with the heat of my own, as we kept each other from the cold. I pulled away.
    “Liora, we still aren’t safe. We have to leave. Now.” I whispered, the urgency in my words was apparent, and I knew Liora understood. We began walking back to my house, where I knew we would be safe.[/spoiler:2owwhaef]

Veteran Enthusiast

Chapter 8
    [spoiler:2sb16d5p]The silence between me and Liora was awkward at best, though not much was there to be said. It was still fairly dark, yet the sun could be seen rising from behind us, and a slight silhouette of our bodies slowly walking away from the oak tree, could be seen stretched just in front of us. We had been in that tree the entire night, hiding in fear from her father who hunted us. I decided to break the silence.
    “The suns rising...” I stated, leaving it open for an answer to spark more conversation.
    “So it is.” Liora replied bluntly, turning her head to see the sun rise over the hillside. I spun around and began walking backwards, allowing myself a full view of this magnificent sight. Thirteen years living in this area and not once did I bask in the rays of the rising morning sun. The hills were black, traced with an outline of translucent orange. The white wisps of clouds that hid in the night were now absorbing the light from the sun, glowing an ominous pink and orange mixture. One lone silhouette stood proudly atop the hill. The oak tree, like the hill, appeared to be black with shadow. The occasional ray of light which broke through the thick branches and leaves of the marvellous oak tree gave it a near omnipotent look, as though it was powerful and with thought.
    “Wow...” I gasped, amazed at the beautiful sight rising sun against the hills, and of course the tree that had just protected me from danger.
    “What?” Liora questioned, confused at my amazement. Unable to speak, I shot my finger up towards the tree. Liora turned, and we both stopped and succumbed to the transfixing sight of the sunrise.
    Liora tried to speak, but her words were inaudible, a mere mumble. The sunrise brought to her a new life, a rebirth of her old life. It was a new day, which meant endless possibilities. I grabbed her hand, and clutched it tight, looking over at her. Instead of her usual insecure, posture, with her eyes on the ground, Liora had changed. Her chin was raised proudly and confidently, her eyes swelled with astonishment at the sights, and her mouth hung open, slightly agape, as though she was surprised that such beauty existed. I was replicating the exact same emotions. Staring at her, my mouth was slight agape with surprise that such a beauty could take the form of a human being. Her deep blue eyes glistened, a combination of the glistening sunrise and the build up of tears. Her lips looked delicate and soft, they too shone with the rays of the rising sun. Her fair, blonde hair messy, from the running and climbing and the stress we were just put through, yet it did not take away from her beauty, instead, it accentuated her stunning looks. She had a long, elegant neck, which lead down to her narrow shoulders. At thirteen, she had matured quite significantly; she had the body of a woman. Her waist was thin, and her long legs seemed to go on for an age. I was standing there, staring with infatuation, stunned by the sight of Liora. She noticed me, staring at her, and turned to meet my gaze. Once again, those eyes struck my heart and slowed my mind; I was stuck, gazing in a daze. She read my expression, and her cheeks turned, from a light brown, to a rosy red. Glancing down, embarrassed, she tucked her hair behind her ear, and continued to grow in colour. Our hands were still locked together, she gripped my hand tightly, and I returned it back.
    “We should probably head back to my house...” I said, blushing slightly.
    “Yeah let’s go!” She said, eagerly, pulling my hand and leading me to my own house. Willingly, I followed, still in a zombie like state, staring at Liora. I wanted to tell her how I felt, hoping she would say she felt the same. Although I had known Liora for less than a day, I knew I cared deeply for her. We had been through so much in the last twelve hours; love can bloom from the darkest of situations, as a beacon of light in a somewhat shadowed time, and I knew it in my heart that I loved her. I sucked in the air I needed to openly admit my feelings for her.
    “Liora...” I began, “The time we have spent together has been...” I stopped; my brain was racing, trying to piece together a sentence to express how I felt.
    “Has been what?” She asked her head tilted to the lift, flinging her hair back slightly. A thousand and one words raced through my head, and not one seemed to fit what I wanted to say.
    “Emotional...” I started, quickly cut off by Liora, who seemed eager to hear what I had to say.
    “In what way?” She questioned, looking into my eyes, smiling gently. This was the second smile I had seen escape through her emotionally fragile state, and it struck me deep within my heart. The words seemed to flow easier, after her smiled unlocked my confidence.
    “With all the fear, anxiety and sadness flying around, it seems logical that other feelings may have been realised...” I said, trying to imply what I wanted to say without truly saying it.
    “What kind of feelings?”
    “Well...” I began, quickly cut off by a noise off in the distance. It was my name, echoing throughout the whole valley, and I knew where it had come from. I glanced over at my house, and saw my mother standing out the front, hands clapped to her mouth, screaming my name.
    “Alva!” She called, I hung my head, and began the walk over to her, pulling Liora along behind me.[/spoiler:2sb16d5p]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast