Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: False Paranoia

False Paranoia

Tonight is unlike any other night: I lie restlessly - feeling as if someone were gazing upon my weary form. I try to dispel this paranoia from my mind - I simply turn to my side, facing the wall. Regardless of the thick blanket, securing my body, from neck to toes - lying in this position had sent chills sprinting perfectly along my spine as if another living presence had been placed inches away from me. I can't help but change sides; I roll to my left: I see nothing, no human, nor animal. Only my own paranoia accompanies me. "Knock, knock, knock," the door shatters the silence of the night.

I remove the covers and leave the comfort of the bed - I start toward the door. "Who is it?" I question the presence on the other side, I receive no reply. I open the door and see nothing, whatever may have been there is now gone with the winds of the night. I begin pushing the door closed as I stare at the streets for any sign, any trace of life. The door meets the end of it's journey and I am again, left in the depths of my paranoia. I stand still for a moment, I begin to hear footsteps.

The oil lamp sitting atop of my nightstand is lit - the room is immediately illuminated. The familiar spine-chilling is warmly welcomed back. I look behind myself, nothing is seen, aside from the newly lighten oil lamp. Am I finally losing my mind? I think to myself as I slowly start to the bed. I return the room to it's former darkness. I am now confirmed that I am falsely accusing my paranoia for tonight's lack of sleep.

"Have you soon forgotten?" I hear a familiar voice question me from behind. I look behind myself to discover the very soul of a former companion. "You... but... you died, just yesterday," I list the event to my deceased friend before realization strikes my sprinting mind - it is now clear that I am spending the night, accompanied by a disembodied mind.
    [center:2soyb3xw]ALWAYS ANIMATES

NO SKILL
    [/center:2soyb3xw]

Re: False Paranoia

You are very talented.

Re: False Paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by Ado dragon
    You are very talented.
    Thanks.
    [center:2soyb3xw]ALWAYS ANIMATES

NO SKILL
    [/center:2soyb3xw]