Into
[spoiler:3npmfnja]Characters are arguably the most important part of a story. But unarguably, the story would fall flat without them. Even if your plot is fantastic. So let's get into this...

A lot of movies have really blank characters who aren't well thought out, but that's a rookie mistake that's easy to avoid, simply think of a story for the character (even if it's not 'interresting' per-say. This adds SO MUCH more depth to a character and someone can spot a writer/story teller who dose this right away. While you do this you will also add and take away traits that the character already has in your head, most likely. But all that is just a little bit of thought... let jump into the techniques for original characters more deeply, the types, how to connect to your reader/viewer, the appeals of each one.[/spoiler:3npmfnja]

1.Who is my character (type, Traits, Values, Flaws)
[spoiler:3npmfnja]First step is figuring out who it is you're writing about, most likely the person going through the most shit in the story, and the one who has to grow the most.
Four types of protagonists... Hero, Average Joe, Underdog, or Lost Soul.

The Hero is superior to the watcher and produces admiration. They have no self doubts, they are confident and take action, they lead their life. But they do in fact have flaws, I think that is very important to show, especially in this kind of character. We don't really identify with them, we just wish we could be them; James Bonds, Superman, Indiana Jones.

The Average Joe is a character we feel sympathy for because we identify with this character. Equal to the watcher. We recognise ourselves in them, they struggle to overcome obstacles and rise above their own doubts and limitations; Neo (the Matrix), McClain (Die Hard), Elliot (E.T.).

The Underdog is inferior to the watcher. They are the unlikely hero, overwhelmed by the antagonists forces and well over powered. Odd's are against these poor souls. This character makes us feel compassion for their lack of skill in the beginning, then admiration for their determination; Rocky, Forest Gump, Karate Kid.

The Lost Soul, he is basically the anti-hero. Opposite of the reader. He takes a wrong path somewhere, morally defected. This character evokes fascination because we're interested in the glimpse of the bad-side of human nature. The watcher must understand them and admire something about them; intelligence, Values, Lack of options, their motives, loyalty; Scarface, The Godfather, Taxi Driver.

Traits
After you've decided on a protagonist type, work on some traits. Make sure to give him/her flaws as well. Mix negative, neutral and positive. A character that is all good or all bad would not be credible or interesting.

Values
Give the character values and strong opinions, no body want's to watch a story about a character who doesn't feel strongly about something, without that their's no plot, remember that.

Flaws
Although your character should be likable it's important to give him/her flaws. People aren't perfect ergo, they can't identify with a perfect character and find them unbelievable. It's like a girlfriend or a parent, sure you love them (for most cases) but they have flaws and they can get on your nerves sometimes. It adds depth to the character. (I'll get into this more a bit later). It also add's tension to the story making the reader waned how he/she will overcome the obstacle despite his/her flaws.[/spoiler:3npmfnja]

Ahh, there's so much more to go over... but I'll get to that later. Sorry lol I'm tired. But I hope to add to this post enough to the point where people's pivot series or just animation series in general don't seem so bland and lifeless. I plan to go over theme, emotional connection to the character, how to make the watcher completely give into the story. Instead of watching it thinking about how good of a story teller you are or how good the graphics are, whatever. Hope people find this useful though.