Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast

A Chant from a story

I will post what this chant is from, but for now, here is the chant itself.

[spoiler:5a9l2m6w]Darkness spreads across the land, as we come to claim whatís ours
    Stray not from bed or home or place, itís wise to stay and cower,
    Nothing can stop, or even compare, to KhalíDunís armies power,
    Natural growings of bush and flower will all but be devoured,
    For darkness comes to take the land, late will be the hour,
    Death will rain, destruction will follow, in a heavy caliginous shower,
    We come we come, marching strong, from KhalíDunís mighty tower.[/spoiler:5a9l2m6w]

Re: A Chant from a story

That was pretty good, I have no idea who Khal' Dun is though. I'm not a big fan of the rhyme scheme, A-A-A-ing just doesn't seem to have a lot of melody to it, at least not to me. The first sentence kind of threw me off, making me have to read it again, as I read ours phonetically like 'ores', which doesn't rhyme with cower.

The text itself is rather descriptive, which gives a good visualization of the scenario.

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: A Chant from a story

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    That was pretty good, I have no idea who Khal' Dun is though. I'm not a big fan of the rhyme scheme, A-A-A-ing just doesn't seem to have a lot of melody to it, at least not to me. The first sentence kind of threw me off, making me have to read it again, as I read ours phonetically like 'ores', which doesn't rhyme with cower.

The text itself is rather descriptive, which gives a good visualization of the scenario.
    I felt the same about that first line, but it's a close enough rhyme for my liking. Like I said, I'll be posting the actual chapter from which it's from shortly.