Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: the boy in the back courtisy

Quote Originally Posted by Jojishi View Post
    I think he may need to read something easier than those books. They're good books as well, but they're so boring. I'm not saying that they're bad, but they take so long to pick up in pace. To Kill a Mockingbird takes 100 pages to finally get to the actual story. Sure, the meaning behind these books is great and I admire what they've done but books should be enjoyable to read as well. I think he'd have a hard time getting through these books. I'd recommend reading anything that takes your interest blasife and goes up to around 100 pages max. Nothing too demanding and something you can really enjoy reading.

I don't mean to put your suggestion down Stark. I think you've offered some good advice. blasife would totally benefit from reading something just as long as it isn't demanding. Once he's read quite a few books then he can move onto the more advanced stuff.

Just keep doing what you're doing blasife. You're writing and you might have a long way to go in terms of spelling, grammar and punctuation but... you're writing. And not many people write these days. So keep at it and keep having fun with it too.
    yea I do read a lot I'm above my grade level so yea

Veteran Enthusiast

Then if you're going to write something, wouldn't you write it at an actual intellectual level with correct syntax, spelling and grammar? Just something to think about, I mean, if you're really looking for some serious literary comments about your written work. I love giving ideas when it comes to literature, about plot and setting and how you construct the piece, but I refuse to read something that reads as though it was written by an 8 year old.
    Not trying to be harsh, but I read a story I wrote when I was 11, and it reads a hell of lot better than this.

And To Kill A Mockingbird is a very easy book to read, I read it when I was 14.

put it back up

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    put it back up
    well i actually don't have it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Then if you're going to write something, wouldn't you write it at an actual intellectual level with correct syntax, spelling and grammar? Just something to think about, I mean, if you're really looking for some serious literary comments about your written work. I love giving ideas when it comes to literature, about plot and setting and how you construct the piece, but I refuse to read something that reads as though it was written by an 8 year old.
    Not trying to be harsh, but I read a story I wrote when I was 11, and it reads a hell of lot better than this.

And To Kill A Mockingbird is a very easy book to read, I read it when I was 14.
    well when i read it is in my first language so if you don't mind think before speaking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12